The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

OH, if Jim Carrey makes The Office cast, I swear to God I'll quit watching. I can't think of ANONE ELSE IN THE FCKING WORLD that I would want less to be on my show. Screw that.

He's already on the show... he's tall, goofy, and hasn't been funny since leaving the Spartan Cheerleaders.

What do you mean already on the show?

Nah. I actually think Will's doing a good job so far aka making me laugh. Plus I know he's only on the show for like 1 or 2 more episodes :) Still, I would rather have Will than Carrey any day of the week and twice on Thursdays. I hate him so much.

Pfft.

Oh, and Creed coming out of the women's bathroom. LOL

You guys are crazy. Will Ferrell and Jim Carrey are both awesome.

ANYWAY, the Jim/Michael scene almost got me. Thankfully, self-control prevailed and I didn't turn into a blubbering mess. Couldn't have been a more perfect farewell. Loved the Dwight/Michael paintball fight. :)

Well then that's where I'll propose we agree to disagree. Ferrell knows little about subtlety and Jim Carrey runs circles around the guy in talent. My least favorite parts about the shows the last few weeks have been Will.

But it doesn't matter. I'm watching to see how downhill the show goes from here in the Post-Michael Scott era.

You guys are crazy. Will Ferrell and Jim Carrey are both awesome.

I know a lot of people like Jim Carrey, and I can see the appeal, but I hate him. I don't find his over-the-top slapstick funny in the least. The only thing I've ever liked was The Truman Show, and it wasn't him that made the movie. I would have LOOOOVED Truman to have been played by someone else.

Loved the Dwight/Michael paintball fight. :)

YES! I'm so glad that they were able to patch their friendship up before Mike left. :cry:

Gonna go watch it again.

That was about as sad and tear-jerking as I expected, but I'm thankful that Jim helped Michael and me maintain our composure. Truly classy move. Not to mention all the other "last" touches -- Michael's last enduring of Toby, his last "That's what she said!", his last difference of intellect with Oscar (which he won! Finally!), etc. I was hoping for farewells from Hank, Jan, and/or David Wallace, but this episode was packed enough as it was...some of it with Will Ferrell filler that I wish they'd saved for next week....which I'm hoping will give us Jim and Dwight in the world's greatest team-up against the menace that is DeAngelo. Crossing my fingers.

Oh, and Creed coming out of the women's bathroom. LOL

And drinking from Michael's former mug at the end. Nice.

You know what would be cool? If Andy became boss. I'd buy that. Michael sure had a lot of confidence in him and he did prove himself in the end.

Yeah, Six, I loved all the nice touches in this episode, too. Creed totally dug the mug out of the trash! :D

Michael's talk with Erin was cute, made me smile, but no tears.

I had kind of the same reaction as Dwight when he read Michael's letter of rec.

During Michael and Jim's talk though... damn. I was somewhere between "Fox and the Hound" and "Toy Story 3."

I loved Gabe's "walk away bitch" as Andy was far out of earshot lol, as well as Creed leaving the women's restroom and Erin not being bothered by it.

Meh. I'm not going to turn the Office into LOST...

But that being said, after Michael and Erin's talk, the next scene started with Erin on the phone, then zoomed out to focus on Phyllis with the exact same posture/head lean/way of holding the phone. If hints are being given, that would be a big one. Could be a jump the shark moment if it happens but we'll see. Seems too dramatic to go into, but it wouldn't surprise me if hints kept getting dropped just to make you think.

I wouldn't say it's jump the shark or nuke the fridge; stranger things have happened in real life. Couples have gotten divorced when they discovered they were actually brother and sister separated at birth. So I wouldn't say it's totally out there.

Alrighty then:

* Loved that Michael threw Dwight a bone at the beginning of the episode, diverting the discussion from the recommendation letter to Bears in Boulder.

Michael was so self-aware in this episode. He knows Oscar has almost no respect for him. He knows the party-planning committee is going to expect him to throw himself a big birthday bash. He knows Stanley has no tolerance for meetings. He knows Erin thinks of him as a father figure.

While there were Michael-Scott moments, he was really quite mature in this episode and I don't know how I feel about that.

The callbacks to "Yankee Swap" were great. We all remember Michael pitching a fit when Phyllis knitted him the oven mitt and now he's pressuring her to finish her high-maintenance mittens. He had no interest in the paintball gift Dwight had brought in that episode and now he's willingly playing in the parking lot.

Definitely more mature.

* I completely missed the possible Phyllis/Erin connection. It makes sense, though.

* Hank was on Michael's Nice List but I guess he wasn't important enough for us to see. And even Toby was on it!

* Did I miss something? Gabe's hostility toward Andy was never clarified so I can only assume he believes Erin dumped him for Andy.

* Andy's Sales Record: If Andy's sales record is as bad as the episode (and previous ones) implied, I'm surprised he survived being downsized back in Stamford. Good for him saving the sale that DeAngelo botched royally.

* Egad! I'm so sick of DeAngelo. He is easily the least funny character on the show and I just want him gone.

* Creed still uses the ladies' room. That was funny, as well as him using the "World's Best Boss" mug that Michael threw away. BTW, Michael admitted both in the pilot and in this episode that he bought the mug for himself.

* I am so glad they didn't make the episode all about Michael's cold feet. One conversation with Holly did it.

* I knew Pam would find him in the end. There was no way there would be no Pam/Michael closure. I'm surprised so many are confused about the airport security. Granted, I don't know about airport procedures, but they let the documentary crew through and I've got a feeling they just bent the rules for her, too. But not enough that she didn't have to take off her shoes.

Those last moments in the airport were lovely. Michael asking to be told when the documentary airs, ripping off the microphone and mouthing "That's what she said". That last hug with Pam.

* And of course despite the frustration Michael has caused Jim in the past, Jim knows other bosses would not have let him get away with so much, so Michael is a great boss.

Such tear-jerking moments.

Those last moments in the airport were lovely. Michael asking to be told when the documentary airs, ripping off the microphone and mouthing "That's what she said". That last hug with Pam.

* And of course despite the frustration Michael has caused Jim in the past, Jim knows other bosses would not have let him get away with so much, so Michael is a great boss.

Such tear-jerking moments.

Those were my two favorite parts and they were really well done and emotional, especially the stuff with Jim. I haven't been watching this season as much as I did in the past. I started to slightly lose interest and I won't be watching now that Michael's gone. Steve Carell was the show for me and while I like the other characters it's not enough for me to keep tuning in. They really shouldn't have used Wil Farrell as much as they did in this episode.

LOL moments

* Jim: You guys are filming people in the bathroom now?

* Phyllis: I thought he knew about the baby I gave away...

* Dwight: I've given up on Michael trying to do the right thing, or the decent thing or even the comprehensible thing.

* The Kevin characatuer and Kevin's reaction!

Kevin: I'm pretty much okay who I am now.

Michael: Don't be.

* Michael cracking himself up over the scarecrow! LOL.

* Michael to Angela: I guess this could be the one?

Oscar: Shakes his head no.

* Michael: I am NOT going to start improv at level 1. I don't think my credits are going to transfer!

* Meridith pitching the erotic cakes!

* Toby and his brother!

* Will Deangelo totally making Andy look horrible and lose the sale!

* Paintball fight!

* FINAL "That's what she said!"

* Jim and Dwight realizing what they are left with in Michael's wake.

Dwight: "uh oh..."

Touching moments

* Michael and Jim discussing Colorado Indigenous Bears after spitting out a bull testicle.

* Michael throwing he cup away because he bought it himself and had no meaning.

*Michael freaking out when asked where to send his final check to. It dawns upon him that a) he's leaving for good b) he has no idea where he's really going.

*Holly's voice calming him down, reminding him that DM is just a job and his life is with her now.

* Michael and Erin's good-bye. That was a tear jerker.

* Dwight reading the letter of recommendation.

* Andy going back to save the sale!

* Jim and Michael.... wow.

* Pam and Michael.... damn.

* Jim giving Michael the "Get outta here" nod.

Moments I didn't care for

* What's the deal with Kelly's hostility towards Michael???

* Michael saying good-bye to Toby without saying a word.

* The GIMMIE THAT DAMN DOG motivational energy thing.

* WTF was Andy wearing?

* What's the deal with Kelly's hostility towards Michael???

Because Kelly is an In-the-Moment person. She was texting at that time and that's what she was fixated on. Further, Michael wasn't supposed to be leaving until the next day (which is also why the others weren't making a big deal out of his departure at the end of the episode). They thought they would get the chance to say good-bye the next day. If Kellly had known this was her chance to say good-bye, she would have been all over Michael.

And I think he knew that, which is why he didn't tell anyone he was leaving.

As for Pam going to see "The King's Speech", well, I enjoyed the movie, but I was irritated with her for doing so. It wasn't just because she was missing Michael's last day, but because of the sheer lack of professionalism. I realize I'm talking about Dunder-Mifflin/Sabre - Scranton which has never set records for professionalism - certainly Michael let them get away with a lot of long lunches and goofing off - but to leave an overpaid, made-up job on the day before your boss's departure on some work-related pretext to see a movie is just lame.

That's not the Pam we've known.

I'm just...annoyed by Ferrell in general and he isn't good fit, imo, for "The Office". I don't know what they're trying to do with his character - is he a jerk? Insecure? Over-the-top? And he's only going to be around for four episodes so it's not like I need to invest in his character enough to care what he's supposed to be about.

The only thing I see his character being around for is to demonstrate that the only person who can manage Scranton is someone from Scranton....and I'm leaning toward Darryl. Jo likes him and he's been heading toward this move for the whole season.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.