The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

"They have a garage sale" felt kind of spec script-y. But it was okay, I guess, yeah.

It seemed like the episode moved Ryan from irredeemable douchebaggeriness to something more like he was during the show's first few years. Which is also okay, I guess, yeah.

Steve Carell directed this. I did not not know he directed things!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm glad Ferrell won't be around for long. It really had the feel of a "How do we fit in with a new boss?" situation where no one knows what the office dynamic will be now. Jim & Pam aren't the boss' so-called friends/extended family, for example. Andy gets the attention he wants but for the wrong reason. Erin is confllicted over who to obey...

Michael doesn't want his family, so to speak, shaken up like that.

Funniest line:

Darryl: "Andy? What do African-Americans call....?"

Andy: "I don't know!!"

I know what Tank is saying. There's just no realism to his extremities like there used to be. Like... although he was taking things to extreme, you could see how logically he got there. Now it's just really out there. I still love it, but yeah they need to keep it in check a lil bit.

Still, I enjoyed the episode. I think Will was really good. Loved the shaving bit!

I like Carell and Ferrell for different reasons, but they aren't quite on the same kind of comedy wavelength. Their intersection was kind of a weird place, as much for me as it was for their employees.

Loved Andy's pained expressions as he brown-nosed through self-torture. I held my breath just waiting for Erin to accidentally slice off Michael's nose.

I guess I'm a sucker for schmaltzy episodes, but I did enjoy most of last night's Dundie show.

* I noticed, of course, that Angela's state senator boyfriend was there. Did anyone notice if Stanley's girlfriend Cynthia was? I didn't see her.

* Fun to hear the shout out to Danny the new traveling salesman even though we didn't get to see him pick up his Dundie. And Ryan's mixture of relief and offense that he didn't get the Hottest award.

* I knew Meredith would get the Best Mom award and that Erin would dump Gabe on stage.

* The song was kinda silly, but sweet. I love seeing Michael when he's moved.

* Weakest moments were still Ferrell, unfortunately. I just don't find his character appealing.

* Toby is obviously back with little fanfare - Holly must be finishing up her job in Nashua.

Loved the song, though my son thinks Creed's line needed to be creepier somehow.

* I noticed, of course, that Angela's state senator boyfriend was there. Did anyone notice if Stanley's girlfriend Cynthia was? I didn't see her.

I assume he's currently between chicks. What a playa.

Indeed. This sucks. I can't believe he's gone. I knew this was it, but it didn't sink in until next week's previews. This sucks so much.

Great send-off, though. This was a really moving episode. I knew Pam was gonna catch him at the airport, but I still teared up. I was already teared up though... but don't tell anyone. I gotta rep to maintain. Few LOL moments in there, but I'm seriously sad at the moment, which is ridiculous, as it's just a friggin TV show. Dammit.

OH, if Jim Carrey makes The Office cast, I swear to God I'll quit watching. I can't think of ANONE ELSE IN THE FCKING WORLD that I would want less to be on my show. Screw that.

So for starters, this episode was to me the final episode of the series. Everything else is pretty much comparable to EU material. I'm calling it PMS.

Phyllis possibly being the mother of Erin is interesting if they take it there.

The scene with Michael and Pam, as implausible as it was, definitely was the most bittersweet of all farewells.

I look forward to Will leaving the show. He's like a parasite at Dunder Mifflin.

OH, if Jim Carrey makes The Office cast, I swear to God I'll quit watching. I can't think of ANONE ELSE IN THE FCKING WORLD that I would want less to be on my show. Screw that.

He's already on the show... he's tall, goofy, and hasn't been funny since leaving the Spartan Cheerleaders.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.