The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

The Dwight/CeCe/Jim/Pam storyline was the only thing worthwhile this week i thought. Like i said before, the Andy/Erin thing is to appease those who miss the old days of Jim/Pam. It;s the same set-up, but Andy is not as loveable as Jim.

And I agree with JC on the Michael as a petulant child thing. I GET this is a major part of his character, but we've seen this all before.

I think the Andy/Dwight feud was cute but Andy/Gabe... sorry Andy but Gabe is the new Jim in office romance. I mean, this could be the opposite of the Jim/Pam story and Erin leaves a guy whose better for her for the less perfect but who fits her on the ridiculous level.

I wish I could find someone like Gabe. He's seriously the perfect relationship option next to Jim. Just sayin'.

And wow, how did they get NBC to allow them to do an episode surrounding a Glee Party? They wouldn't even allow the cast of Glee to perform at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade last year.

I want a decommissioned lighthouse.

That being said, Michael really grew some more last night. Remaining true to his belief in people, but acknowledging Ryan's limitations as a human being. I thought it was really bold of Pam to lay it on the line: He's taking advantage of you and you are risking alienating the rest of us in the process.

Part of me wonders if Michael knew that Ryan couldn't handle the pressure and would sell.

Or maybe, I'm thinking about it too much.

Other highlights:

* Dwight setting up Hay Place just so he could be the Hay King.

* Angela finally ending that stupid contract.

* Erin and her years' old driver's license.

* Stanley smiling at Michael's shout of Money!

* Kevin getting lost in the hay maze. Really the whole hay maze thing, including the kids in the truck.

Not so sure how I feel about Jim and the silly prank on Gabe. And when did Sabre cap their commissions? The whole point of "The Manager and the Salesman" episode was that there was no cap on commissions. Is this a new policy? (Ok, I did giggle at Gabe's nakedness in the gym example).

* Angela finally ending that stupid contract.

I, for one, look forward to seeing where her relation with Horn-Rimmed Glasses goes from here. I didn't put up with Heroes for long, but the snippets I saw of him had potential.

And when did Sabre cap their commissions? The whole point of "The Manager and the Salesman" episode was that there was no cap on commissions. Is this a new policy?

Yeah, brand new. There was a line of dialogue to that effect.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't dislike Oscar enough to enjoy seeing him taken down a notch.

But I did reallly like CompassionateDwight. Even if he wouldn't admit it.

Erin thinking people want to kill her for the insurance money. *giggle

The motion sensors were a great sight gag. No pun intended.

I thought this episode was totally old school... loved it! Old school d*ckhead Dwight (half-ply TP!!!) mixed with a lil compassion, which we've seen glimpses over the years. The Oscar thing was awesome, seeing them all rally around Michael just to stick it to Oscar's smugness.

Been re-watching the series again. I'm in Season 4. I forgot how fun the Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run For The Cure episode was.

"That's cool that you went back for your degree!"

Michael, in response to Erin's thinking people want to kill her for the insurance money.

"I don't know what the **** that was."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was pretty great.

I didn't like Dwight in this episode - he's really way too soft towards Pam. And wtf Pam, you couldn't put in a little legwork and find a new location? Geez, it only has to be a little bit better than where you are now.

Did love the half-ply tp.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.