The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

Michael is rarely more self-centered and petty than on Christmas. Hardly a surprise.

But I'm not sure why everyone is excited that only Wallace, the mysterious Alan and the other big-wigs are being let go. When one company buys another, replacing the senior executives is just the tip of the iceberg. Eventually, they will get to the branches and even a profitable branch will not go untouched. Of course, this is just television.

Nevertheless, what will Wallace's departure mean for the Scranton branch? No more having the CFO's ear for Michael. No more ally for Jim at corporate (just as Dwight and Ryan are joining forces to carry out the Diabolical Plan).

Nevertheless, I was glad to see Bob Vance (even if it was in a Santa costume) and it was great to find out it was Michael who sent the nut cracker to Dwight as his Secret Santa (at least he didn't ruin that this year). Loved Kelly and her "Twlilight" poster.

But I'm not sure why everyone is excited that only Wallace, the mysterious Alan and the other big-wigs are being let go. When one company buys another, replacing the senior executives is just the tip of the iceberg. Eventually, they will get to the branches and even a profitable branch will not go untouched. Of course, this is just television.

As one who got laid off after her company was sold, all I have to say is "THIS." (And our company was very successful.)

I actually felt pretty bad for Wallace when he said he would be out. I don't really care for the other corporate heads but we've spent, what, four or five seasons getting to know the guy and he's pretty likable (he could have gotten rid of Michael for all the shenanigans he's pulled.)

I hate to say it, but The Office is sort of becoming like Star Wars. I watch it for old times sake, but I feel like I have to sit through a lot of crap, for fleeting moments of awesome, and I ultimately think that the goo dparts could be edited down into something a lot more concise and decent.

• 1 month later...

SUCKIT!

Poor, poor David Wallace. Reduced to being Michael's ghost of Christmas yet-to-come. Suddenly the idea of leaving my job someday seems a little more frightening to me If I ever quit, I better not ever let myself look like that.

Tonight's episode was also the funniest thing Christian Slater has done since Heathers.

Jim and Pam's thing with the preschool didn't do much for me, though. It reminded me too much of a vastly superior Frasier episode involving Frederick and an exclusive boarding school.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.