The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

"A three-ounce fetus calling the shots? That is so badass." :thumbsup: I'm surprised at what NBC considers "TV-PG-L", but this was otherwise a great party. Admittedly, all that dancing down the aisles seemed corny to me -- one long contrived music video, really -- but the pure sweetness of the intercut Maid of the Mist flashback shut me up.

I see now why hotels have ice dispensers that ration out portions instead of offering total access. BLEAH.

And did anyone else see the thing with Pam's mom coming at the end? I know I did!

aah... this is why The Office is just the best show on tv!!! a PERFECT wedding episode! and i will admit... i kinda choked up when Jim cut his tie...

question... was the woman Stanley brought his wife? i thought his wife was a white woman... or was this the woman he was cheating on his wife with?!?!

"A three-ounce fetus calling the shots? That is so badass." :thumbsup: I'm surprised at what NBC considers "TV-PG-L", but this was otherwise a great party. Admittedly, all that dancing down the aisles seemed corny to me -- one long contrived music video, really -- but the pure sweetness of the intercut Maid of the Mist flashback shut me up.

I had the same reaction - I thought that was cheesy, but I liked the Maid of the Mist shots. I knew the minute the wedding had been delayed that they had gone to get married on their own.

And yes, I totally called Michael and Pam's mom. GROSS!

scantrom, I think that was Cynthia.

I agree that it was, overall, a pretty solid episode. I had a few issues with it that it seemed too sitcomy at a few times, as opposed to its usual feel. The main instance was during the dance at the wedding, but not because of the dance itself, since it was supposed to be super cheesy like in the

it was based on (as Jim mentioned, too), but because it seemed out of place that it was just the Dunder Mifflin people and the few other people we saw much of at the wedding. That aspect of it just didn't feel right to me, especially since it seemed out of character for some to participate, such as Angela, even doing as little as she did. :shrug:

Otherwise, a good episode.

The look on Michael's face after Jim and Pam kissed was so perfect.

I was kind of thinking about this last night. Steve Carell is a really great actor and seems to be a really nice guy personally. Although Michael is too for the most part, he and Steve are still really different. Carell is a really good actor though, so it's really hard to see him through Michael. But that one shot where he's genuinely happy for Jim and Pam without doing something stupid is the one time in the history of the show where I saw Steve instead of Michael.

Not knocking it at all, I thought that was one of the best moments in the six years of this show.

OMG the first half was just so terrible in terms of embarassment in the dinner, but omg the wedding was so perfect for them. The characters of Jim and Pam are so well written. I shed a tear. I will not lie.

BTW, the kick to the face of the brides maid was so funny i fell out of my chair

I really like how Jim & Pam had their moment which was perfect, and then let the rest of the office crew do their thing which in no way would have spoiled their wedding.

I felt like this episode had a lot of good stuff in it and a lot of bad stuff as well. The Jim and Pam stuff is starting to wear on me at this point, but obviously that is unavoidable in an episode dedicated to their wedding. They came off like jerks when they were asking everyone to change their habits (different soap for two months . . . reallly?). I could also have done without the Andy tearing his scrotum subplot. The dancing stuff at the end I didn't enjoy too much either because it was just a straight ripoff of that internet video. I was reading the AV Club's review of the South Park opener the other day and they mentioned that straight up reference humor where you just parrot something someone else has done really only works for Family Guy and I agree with that statement. It just felt uninspired to me.

Now the good stuff. Pretty much every scene with Dwight was pure gold in this episode. The three wolves shirt was classic. Michael's speech at the dinner was predictably awkward and squirm inducing. I couldn't decide whether I loved the throw up scene at the start of the episode or hated it, but now I think I love it. It was so gross and over the top.

* Michael trying to make up for Jim's faux pas...squirmy. Michael trying to talk to Memaw about how times has changed...squirmy x 2 (but Memaw did show up for the wedding). Michael and Pam's Mom......ewwwwwwww. But like the rest of you, I saw that coming.

* Dwight and the bridesmaid. Not funny until he accidentally kicked her in the face.

* Toby getting excited about Jim and Pam going missing, funny.

* Oh, and I knew that they were sneaking off to have their own wedding.

* I think Stanley's date was "Cynthia". Wow, she is really different from Terri.

* The idea of Meredith smoking cigars...priceless.

But I loved Michael's closing shot.

I also laughed at:

everyone vomiting and Creed eating noodles like nothing was wrong

the turtle escaping from Dwight's gift

Michael's portrait of Jim and Pam

the twin guys!

Kevin being mistaken for Gil and Oscar asking for an apology!

so I hate to keep bringing it up but these things just bug me... so Stanley brought his wife? or his mistress? what's his wife's name?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.