The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

This wasn't just funny, this was fun. Michael brings his surprisingly confident and vicious A-game to the negotiations, David Wallace squirms in his seat, Charles finally shows some flaws, and Jim just looks so pitiable in his jammies at 4:30 in the morning.

I don't think so, he just went back to corporate.

I liked the episode. I'm interested to see what happens to the new receptionist. My favorite Michael moment: "Was it nice?" And the look on his face when Jim said "I just need to know if your incredibly successful paper company would be agreeable to a buyout." That was great. :)

He's got Jan's old job (the one everybody was trying out for and then Ryan got in the classic Jim-loves-Pam & Pam-loves-Jim season finale) and was only micro-managing the branch.

I like how Michael found an incredibly roundabout way to end up with a situation he could have easily gotten far easier if he'd only talked things out with Wallace a few episodes back.

BJ used to be a regular of the show....they haven't changed anything in the intro since the very first season.

Actually, the superbowl episode had the full cast in the open, and a couple weeks ago they did a silly one centered on the michael scott paper company. So it's not like they are lazy. Just seems odd he get fourth billing as cast when he's in it less than anyone else.

The show's nowhere near as funny when everyone is on the same senseless goof-off vibe as Michael. Mostly this felt like a cast party they might throw after every DVD commentary session.

I admit I laughed occasionally, but I also kept wishing David Wallace would walk in, or that Toby would come in and spill some of Michael's "expresso" all over the stereo. After a while, I was rooting for Angela (loved the subtle limbo-stick gag), up until she conformed through foot-tapping. :(

Yeah, tonight's episode was kinda boring. I did laugh at some of the dancing parts. The fakeout with Jim and Pam getting married was dumb. You could tell that they were going to change their minds. One thing that really annoys me with The Office is when they start a plot point and then never finish it; for example, Pam going off to art school and then not even graduating. We knew that Pam and Jim were going to get married, so why did we need a "reminder" that a wedding was coming up? It seems so pointless.

The opening was funny because Dwight was so over-the-top in love with his little gag.

I liked the Dwight/Phyllis conversation. Interesting that she's worried about Bob Vance cheating on her. I hope she's wrong!

I'm also glad that Kevin is making strides with the ladies.

So, season finale, then. The Michael/Holly reunion, along with "SlumDunder Mifflinaire", was a painful joy to behold. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And then there's that last minute. I'm very happy for Jim and Pam, even as I'm questioning the showrunners' ability to see sharks in the distance.

How hilarious to have them spill the beans about a shutdown at the company picnic! Too bad we didn't see Karen there.

In case anyone cares, the t-shirt colors:

Red: Scranton

Black: Corporate

Regular Blue: Utica

Orange: Buffalo

Light Blue: Albany

Green: Nashua

Yellow: Akron

Does anyone know who the purple shirts were?

Also, the minute the nurse asked Pam before wheeling her into x-ray if she was pregnant, I knew she was. It was just too obvious. But having Michael and Holly together was great. He has really learned some maturity when it comes to his relationship with her.

As soon as she fell while playing volleyball, I knew that was coming. The writers always want a Jim / Pam cliffhanger, and there was no other sort of conflict between them prior to that other than Jim's failed joke about her boobs.

As for this being a Jump The Shark moment, I don't think so. I think it would have been more eye rolling for them to have stretched out the relationship for so long without anything really ever happening. Plus, I think they took in some of the fan feedback from earlier in the season when many were upset that it was turning into more of a drama focusing more and more on just them. Now it's just one of the continuing backstories, with Michael's problems with corporate creating more funny situations.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.