The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

The cold open was one of my favorites yet.

NOT TO NITPICK, but a cold open is when the show starts it's first act with credits running and goes to the first commercial break.

A Teaser is when we get one scene as a hook, then we get the show open, usually followed by a commercial. Technically, this is what Office does, but they seem cold open-ish since they don't break for a commercial after the open.

[/tv snob nerd]

not exactly... a cold open is also called a teaser... there's not that much of a difference with those two terms... no commercials breaks are involved... if it precedes the credits.. then it's a cold open... SNL is a good example of this... those LIVE FROM NEW YORK opening sketches are all cold openings

Nope.

A cold open is when the show begins with out an opening credit sequence. SNL doesn't apply because show opens and cold opens are sitcom/drama terms. SNL is a variety format which has its own terminology. Wiki says they are the same thing, but 'round these parts it isn't the case.

Nope.

A cold open is when the show begins with out an opening credit sequence. SNL doesn't apply because show opens and cold opens are sitcom/drama terms. SNL is a variety format which has its own terminology. Wiki says they are the same thing, but 'round these parts it isn't the case.

Movies should only be watched in the theaters.

Generally, you don't write CREDITS ROLL in a screenplay.

So if it is a cold open, you start the story, and go for 10 pages before n act break. If thr show has a teaser, it is written as its own mini act, so you END TEASER when it i done.

Office may go directly into the first act without commercial, but the credits breaking thinsg up makes it a teaser and not a cold open.

Wiki says they are the same thing, but 'round these parts it isn't the case.

Dude you are a complete idiot. Anybody that watches movies JUST on DVD's is an idiot. Movies are MADE for the theaters and if you are not seeing the movie in the theater you are missing out on the true essence of what the director wanted.

• 5 weeks later...

Opinion question:

Kelly is the branch's customer service person. She's the only one we ever see. Dunder-Mifflin's "edge" over the chains is their customer service and Kelly is, of course, very nice. But...

Who covers the phone when Kelly is on break? On lunch? In the Ladies' Room? In one of Michael's unnecessary meetings?

I assume the "temp" Ryan covers for her, but...who covers for him while he's in the same meetings?

I'm willing to be that Michael wouldn't trobule himself with things like making sure the phones are covered. I guess they could be forwared to the warehouse or something though.

Is anyone else super pumped for tonight's episode? I just hope I get back from work in time! I'm only supposed to work until 8, so I will be very angry if I don't.

"How could she be sleeping with you this whole time when she's only slept with me twice!!"

oh ****!

That was an unqualified shocker. I didn't think Andy had even made it within spitting distance of first base. Dwight's reaction -- along with the final fate of his bobble-head -- was just devastating.

The subplot with Michael and David Wallace had me laughing more on the inside than out loud. It was a keen way to capitalize on the current recession in a funny way. I loved that David made the flawed conclusion that Scranton's defiance of marketplace trends just has to mean that there has to be something Michael is "doing right". I was reminded of a personal workplace experience along these lines. Spot-on.

And Michael recognized his suddenly-elevated position.

"Sure, go ahead and finish up!"

"What's say we do."

What really impressed me was that Andy was no fool once Michael manned up and told him the news. Angela did everything to evade the question and he just stayed direct with her. And then to ask who all knew about it, turning around and seeing the entire office staring at them was both funny and sad. I felt sorry for Andy then.

Jim's attempts to stop them from fighting was understated and hilarious. It reminded me of Toby's removal of Dwight's weapons after he pepper-sprayed Roy in season 3.

so many things could have happened since we know that Angela hates fancy sex (missionary being fancy.. haha)... but anyways... do you think Angela and Andy have always had sex (albeit twice) or did they have sex during the 17 days in which everyone knew Angela had slept with Dwight... i ask because of Andy's talking head an episode ago where he said he's seen Angela naked zero times... but that could just be Angela likes to have sex fully clothed, right?

and i felt really bad for Andy when he entered the office and asked why no one RSVPed to the wedding.. oh man i felt so bad for him at that moment...

Glad to see Michael get some love, even if he is an idiot about the whole thing.

Despite being, well, Michael, he's always shown a knack for being a really good salesman and businessman when it counts.

Like the time in Season 3 when Pam has to keep record of everything Michael does and all we see him do is wait in line for pretzels and talk to Mr Coselli on the phone doing his Cosby impression... then at the end of the episode we find out that despite his apparent idiocy he has made a huge sale. Pretty much, most anytime we've seen Michael go out on a sales call he comes back 'victorious'

I was glad, and actually thought Michael was right (in the Scranton universe anyway) to tell Andy. If he didn't do that it wouldn't have ever happened cause Angela would have continued to be a dirty hoe bag by continuing to cheat with Dwight.

"The Prius is silent when you keep it under 5mph, he deserves the win"

"The sasquatch is the strongest animal on Earth!"

:lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.