The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

Yikes, what was Ryan's deal with Jim anyway? I mean, at least we know now what all that nonsense about logging orders into the website was about.

I'm pretty sure he'd felt threatened by him. He knew firsthand Jim had always been a much more capable businessman than him, as well as the fact that the CFO seemed to like him a lot as well. I'm thinking that now that the position is obviously going to be open again, Jim is going to probably apply for it and get it next year. Since Pam will supposedly be moving to New York to take design classes, it only make sense.

really enjoyed the finale but agree that it didn't have the big cliffhanger that i was expecting....

i really enjoyed Amy Smart... she did such a great job in GONE BABY GONE it was nice to see her do comedy... such a huge change from that... she was brilliant... and i absolutey LOVED the whole bit with her and Kevin and thinking he was special... classic stuff... i also loved how Michael stopped himself from saying "that's what she said"... showed how much he really liked this woman...

for a second there i thought that Hunter was going to be the father... that sperm bank twist i didn't see coming... it'll be interesting to see how that plays out next year as Michael will try to be father to the child...

and is it official that Toby is leaving and will head up the new spin-off?

OH and i LOVED Daryl's band... awesome!

i think you mean Amy RYAN.

But yeah-- the "Kevin is special" gag slayed me. They could play that out forever.

really enjoyed the finale but agree that it didn't have the big cliffhanger that i was expecting....

i really enjoyed Amy Smart... she did such a great job in GONE BABY GONE it was nice to see her do comedy... such a huge change from that... she was brilliant... and i absolutey LOVED the whole bit with her and Kevin and thinking he was special... classic stuff... i also loved how Michael stopped himself from saying "that's what she said"... showed how much he really liked this woman...

for a second there i thought that Hunter was going to be the father... that sperm bank twist i didn't see coming... it'll be interesting to see how that plays out next year as Michael will try to be father to the child...

and is it official that Toby is leaving and will head up the new spin-off?

OH and i LOVED Daryl's band... awesome!

i think you mean Amy RYAN.

But yeah-- the "Kevin is special" gag slayed me. They could play that out forever.

oops... my bad... i'll go ahead and change that

I hope that nothing bad happens between Jim and Pam since he didn't end up proposing to her. Pam looked pretty disappointed; I hope she doesn't get the impression that Jim isn't serious about her or whatever. Girls can be stupid like that, which is why I think Jim should have just gone ahead and asked.

See, I was worried about the same thing, especially since Pam spent years waiting for Roy to make it official. I hope she doesn't fear the same thing happening with Jim.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so anyone bought the season 4 DVDs? i just watched the blooper real.... fantastic stuff! my favorites: the blooper with everyone in the office being dramatic about the pizza by alfredo choice; john krasinski trying to hold in his laughter; and the final blooper with stanley saying we get to go home and everyone just laughing.... good stuff! i love Office bloopers!

I've seen the blooper reel, but so far, the whole family has only seen the first four episodes and their deleted scenes. These viewings also allowed us to see the one episode we missed last season - "Money" - where Michael takes a telemarketing job and Jim & Pam visit Shrute Farms.

C'mon, it wasn't that good.

We've now seen all episodes on the 4th season DVD set. It turns out that the entering of sales made by the staff to the website was the reason Ryan was arrested for fraud. Ryan had been pushing that practice, which I had considered questionable anyway, for several episodes. However, while the staff certainly had questions about it - in a previous episode they complained about why they had to do that (Ryan explained it was to website "legitimate") and Stanley mentioned that he doesn't get commission on calls coming in from clients asking him how to use the website. Beyond that, no one questioned whether or not the website was getting credit for their sales or how their sales were actually being counted. I get that Michael might not be bright enough to figure it out but someone....somewhere...had to have some questions. Maybe another branch manager complained to Corporate and turned him in?

Also, we have confirmation from the deleted scenes that it was actually Ryan who instigated the "formal warning" against Jim. I had wondered if Toby just whined a lot about him and Ryan, going on what he knew about Jim's work habits, went along with it.

i just wanted to say 1) that i'm really excited about tonight's premiere and 2) i'm REALLY pissed right now because one of my friends just called me to tell me that they are filming the Office right now at my old work!!! ARGH! They are doing a scene with Jim and Pam and the scene is Pratt College or Institute or whatever... and he said people are dressed up in winter clothes... i'm going to assume it's Pam's art school! DAMMIT! I worked at that place for six years and when i finally quit they FINALLY get a show on there that i watch to film!

"Phyllis apologize to Dwight." oh my goodness, how loud I laughed.

YAY Pam and Jim! It was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I was very pleased with the entire episode. It felt like they were back on track, and poor new girl when she realized that Kevin isn't retarded.

I'm not sure how I feel about the temp being back.

About the temp being back...

Does it seem that Ryan was sentenced for fraud really, really quickly? Also, would Dunder-Mifflin allow him to be hired back...even through a temp agency at a lower position? I mean, I know Michael wanted him back, but wouldn't Corporate balk at this?

I had thought that Angela might be gaining weight on purpose, but I didn't even consider that it might be due to a pregnancy. She certainly has had that opportunity though ("That's how I sleep at night!"). I almost feel sorry for Andy being so clueless. He's trying so hard to have the perfect wedding, putting down four non-refundable honeymoon spots which Angela dismisses ("Dangerous, Tacky, Sharks, Haunted").

Phyllis in charge of the party-planning committee ("You might say I was in the right place at the right time") has given her new confidence. I've never seen her so angry as when she stormed back in after being abandoned by Dwight.

I thought that Michael's continuing involvement with Jan's pregnancy would stave off any potential relationship with Hollie, but he seems to be hitting it off with her still. On the other hand, tearing up those Counting Crows tickets...

Speaking of poor Hollie, we were amused when they continued the theme of her still believing Kevin was "mentally-challenged" and felt so sorry for her when she found out the truth ("Wait a minute. Back up. Do you think I am retarded?").

And Jim finally proposed! Whoo-hoo!

This episode was great! When Ryan came back in and was the temp I died laughing, I had to pause the Tivo I was laughing so hard. Great episode!!

Also, it looks as if Michael is becoming more of a normal human being. Besides the fat suit, his speech in the conference room was great about accepting who you are inside. Although his ripping the tickets was a step backwards. He should have bought them, then ask her if she wanted to go with him.

Yeah I was taken back when he was cool with everyone when they eventually lost the competition. That seems like something he would have blew his top about a few seasons ago. I think part of the reason for bringing Holly in was so that he would have to tone it down since he is apparently slowly taking his time to impress her.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.