The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

I feel like season 4 is taking place too much outside of the office.

I miss the office crazinessess.

Looks like you got your wish with tonight's all-office episode...which also felt like a very special dramatic episode.

Really, my laughter up and died somewhere long before the end. I don't like that feeling.

It seems like last night's episode was an attempt to set up several more episodes of conflict. Will Jim and Pam have to cut down on their antics due to Toby's jealousy? How will this affect their relationship? Are there kinks showing in Andy and Angela's relationship? She flared her nostrils when Dwight one-upped him on the car.

As for Stanley's irritability, I found him disturbing. Stanley has always been mellow, but not afraid to say what he thinks (but in a moderate tone). For him to snap like that at Michael is out of character and for him to go off on Michael later when being confronted about it was surprising. They came to a detente of sorts and now seem to understand each other. Of course, now Michael thinks the private meeting is the way to solve all problems.

It wasn't my favorite episode.

Eh. It was okay. Some of the past episodes that had a lot of character development did so in a really funny way, this time around it had a much more serious tone to it. I don't know that I want The Office to take the route of Scrubs or M*A*S*H and try to take on that mix.

Loved the wet cement thing though. That was hilarious.

How amazing is it when Michael actually gets a backbone?!?!?!?! I love it when he stands up for himself every once in a while and doesn't get walked all over. It surprised the heck out of me when he told Stanley, "I can not let you talk to me like that, I am your boss."

That was awesome, not sure if anyone else felt that way, but I loved it.

That was a defining moment for Michael. For the span of a few seconds, he managed to be unironically, unsarcastically, unequivocally authoritative. He didn't undermine himself with a goofy grin or a lousy celebrity impression. Simply put, he told it like it was. Stanley realized Michael was finally talking to him like a real manager should, and he responded to it. Respectfully, even.

One of my favorite parts of the episode. That, and Darryl's whole "fluffy fingers" scene. I was just dying to see Michael take his advice and try tickling Stanley. Alas, that moment never came.

Another fairly good episode. Nothing too memorable, but it still had a lot of great moments. My favorite part was everyone skipping town on Dwight, though I thought something might have developed with him and Angela. Which of course was fruitless.

Here's my guess for next weeks finale. A departing Toby, realizing he has nothing to lose, at the very least attempts to make out with Pam. A jealous Jim knocks his lights out, making both he and Pam realize that they are in the a similar situation as Pam and Roy were before. Pam moves to Philly or NYC (as the last bit in this episode suggested), delaying the eventual engagement of her and Jim to a future season.

Though I'm probably way off. One thing I love about the show is that its completely unpredictable when it comes to the long term storyline.

I loved Stanley just walking out long before everyone did, Creed's call to Angela ("Pumpkin") and Andy's chapped hands.

I'm not sure if Pam was considering moving to NY or Philadelphia or not. To me, she looked discouraged when she realized what it would take for her to move on. It was a difficult episode for Pam - really being taken advantage of by Michael made her want to make a change.

"You remember Ryan? He used to be the temp here".

And a bit of trivia about the casting...if you thought Justin - the kid that expressed interest in Dunder-Mifflin and was rebuffed by Michael only to have him try to recruit him later - looked really familiar. It was Trevor Einhorn best known as Frederick Crane from "Frasier".

After thinking about it (and seeing the promo for next week), I'm amending my prediction. I think somebody is pregnant.

Hope you aren't referring to Angela as she's pregnant in real life (or she was during filming). If not, explain :)

Yes!!!

Take that Ryan you little punk bastard!

update: Damn.... that episode fell apart. I should have known better than to expect otherwise though. Poor Michael, that was a real bitch move by Jan. Poor Jim/Pam, Andy is an idiot. I wonder how that'll get resolved.

Wow. Although I somehow guessed that one part rightly, none of the rest of that went as I thought it would. It was a good episode on its own, but it didn't really have a huge cliffhanger like the past two finales had.

Though I still love the fact that you can't ever second guess it. I think that's one thing that makes it the best show on TV right now.

really enjoyed the finale but agree that it didn't have the big cliffhanger that i was expecting....

i really enjoyed Amy Ryan... she did such a great job in GONE BABY GONE it was nice to see her do comedy... such a huge change from that... she was brilliant... and i absolutey LOVED the whole bit with her and Kevin and thinking he was special... classic stuff... i also loved how Michael stopped himself from saying "that's what she said"... showed how much he really liked this woman...

for a second there i thought that Hunter was going to be the father... that sperm bank twist i didn't see coming... it'll be interesting to see how that plays out next year as Michael will try to be father to the child...

and is it official that Toby is leaving and will head up the new spin-off?

OH and i LOVED Daryl's band... awesome!

Poor Jim. He goes to all the trouble to make the night a special one for Pam (but wouldn't that have tossed cold water on Toby's relatively pleasant going-away party?) only to have that bumbling, clueless Andy ruin the whole thing. Now that Toby's gone and Ryan has "his hands tied", he doesn't have to walk on eggshells around the office. Yikes, what was Ryan's deal with Jim anyway? I mean, at least we know now what all that nonsense about logging orders into the website was about.

But Dwight's hearfelt, "It is my own fault" was probably the most honest moment I've ever seen from him. But who saw him getting together with Angela at the end?? Dang, was it Phyllis' day or what? First, she pulls off a very successful party and then she catches Angela in a compromising position.

I was waiting the whole episode for Michael to "sabotage" this budding relationship with Holly in some way. That whole subplot with Kevin was a hoot, btw. But I'd heard ahead of time that "someone" would be pregnant. The logical choice was Jan as it would stymie Michael and give a reason to have her in his life somehow.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.