The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

Another good ep. I especially liked seeing Mike & Dwight react to non-co-workers. Loved hearing D. talk to/ask questions of Ryan's friend. Toby's exit was hysterical as well.

I can't figure out if I was supposed to feel sorry for Ryan. He's got a better paying job in a big city, but this just kind'a showed that now he's a really small fish in a huge pond as far as social situations go. It's almost like he's become Micheal (which I think someone was suggesting in a different way earlier). Mike's answer about how to deal with "his friend" was funny though. He said next-to-nothing about helping with the problem, instead deciding to make suppliers roll over up the line. It should be a plot in his secret agent script.

The first half of the episode was hilarious. That whole scene with Michael "supporting" Ryan during the branch meeting cracked me up. "I am not clapping sarcastically. A month ago, nobody visited the website because they were afraid of being molested or having their identities stolen".

Getting a higher position has certainly affected Ryan. He seems to not know how to handle it so he tries to do what he thinks his superiors want and that causes friction with the employees. It's the same position Michael is in and Ryan doesn't realize that he's starting to mimic Michael.

Dwight's repeated assertions that the short guy was a Hobbit were hilarious. And the office staff being locked out of the building and in the parking lot was okay (How did they get back into the building? Did I miss that?). Although the exchange between Oscar and Jim about whether or not the janitorial staff spoke Spanish was funny.

Did the security guard not notice the cars still there when he padlocked the gate?

Last nights episode sucked hard, SO many characters behaved in ways that go completely against themselves.

Tobey would never touch Pams leg like that

Jim is not such a blatant racist

Dwight has never been so painfully contrary

Angela would never publicly admit to dating Andy

The only real laugh I had was when Dwight accepted, and promptly disposed of, the drink from the basketball team

I really liked it. Aside from "Branch Wars", I think that one is so far my favorite of the season. There were so many good moments, and I for one thought everyone was perfectly within character.

I keep thinking to myself that there are three things that are going to happen by (and probably in) the last episode. First, Ryan is going to come down somehow or another. It looks now like his drug problem may help do it. That or the website is going to continue to bomb. Second, Dwight is going to have some moment of grandeur. His break up with Angela and all of his really sad talking head interviews since then seem to be setting up for something big. Hitting it off with the "Amazon Women" was really good, but I think the writers have something even better in store for him. Third, something big is probably going to happen between Pam and Jim. What that is, I'm not sure. But it will likely have something to do with the proposal and will somehow mirror her prior relationship with Roy. Or it wouldn't be crazy to guess that Toby might be involved, assuming Jim's old role.

But yeah. Really good episode. I can see some of the season ender / cliffhanger stuff already starting to build up, and it looks really promising.

I think the Costa Rica thing was just Toby covering up for his own mortification at having crossed a line without realizing it till it was far, far too late. They've dropped hints in past episodes about Toby having one pervy li'l eye on Pam, so this isn't completely out of the blue. He'd just done a great job of suppressing himself up till now.

Seeing him bolt out the door and over the fence in stark humiliation was my favorite moment of the episode, no contest.

This was the one thing that bothered me. When did they go public? Did they go public? Am I having a memory lapse?

I can see a marginal difference between fraternizing with the Assistant to the Regional Manager versus fraternizing with an employee much lower on the totem pole, so I guess she could rationalize something on that basis. Or maybe Andy's changed her...

I think the Costa Rica thing was just Toby covering up for his own mortification at having crossed a line without realizing it till it was far, far too late. They've dropped hints in past episodes about Toby having one pervy li'l eye on Pam, so this isn't completely out of the blue. He'd just done a great job of suppressing himself up till now.

It has definitely been developed that Tobey has a crush on Pam, but there was never anything pervy or weird about it until this episode. Didn't feel right to me, Tobey has always been the normal, innocent guy that Michael inexplicably despises.

This was the one thing that bothered me. When did they go public? Did they go public? Am I having a memory lapse?

Well they did go to Michael's party that was explicitly for couples.

So I just now saw the promo for this week's episode and someone is getting fired? So that's who will be in the spinoff? I can't even begin to imagine who Michael would fire and for what. Season 4 is so weird isn't it? It's so different. That's what I thought about season 3 too but it turned out alright once I wore the DVDs out. Speaking of which, I refuse to buy season 4 on DVD. Stupid writers strike!

I feel like season 4 is taking place too much outside of the office.

I miss the office crazinessess.

I completely, whole-heartedly agree. Especially since returning from the strike...every episode has focused on an area that isn't the office and it just seems a little out of place and not true to the form that I really enjoyed about the show.

synopses of the final three episodes:

4.12 “DID I STUTTER?”

05/01/2008 (09:00PM - 09:30PM) (Thursday) : When Stanley (Leslie David Baker) snaps at Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) during a meeting, Michael tries to give Stanley an attitude adjustment. Dwight (Rainn Wilson) decides to buy Andy’s (Ed Helms) car. Meanwhile, Pam (Jenna Fischer) deals with an unexpected inconvenience after spending the night at Jim’s (John Krasinski).

4.13 “JOB FAIR”

05/08/2008 (09:00PM - 09:31PM) (Thursday) : Jim (John Krasinski) hits the links with Andy (Ed Helms) and Kevin (Brian Baumgartner) to try and land his biggest client ever. Meanwhile, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) sets up a booth at a local job fair, which happens to be at Pam’s (Jenna Fischer) alma mater, to find “the best and the brightest” for Dunder-Mifflin’s summer internship.

4.14 “GOODBYE TOBY”

05/15/2008 (09:00PM – 10:00PM) (Thursday) : It’s Toby’s (Paul Lieberstein) goodbye party at Dunder Mifflin and Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) demands a huge celebration that matches the joy in his heart. Angela (Angela Kinsey), sick of Michael’s unreasonable last minute demands, refuses, and Michael turns to Phyllis (Phyllis Smith) to take over the party planning committee. Meanwhile, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) and Meredith (Kate Flannery) haze the new HR woman, Holly (Oscar Nominee Amy Ryan).

If Toby really leaves my guess is he's the one headed for the spin-off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.