The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

I lol'ed.

You never know what you are gonna get with the episodes that happen in a location other than the office. They're always really funny, but sometimes they seem out of character for the show. This one sort of was in some segments, but in a good way. There was some good character development that probably couldn't have happened in most other scenarios familiar to the series.

And is it okay to admit that I did like the music by Jan's old assistant?

No, it's really not okay. From the lyrics, obviously Jan had sex with Hunter. Gross.

"The thought of popping one of your beets in my mouth makes me want to vomit" MAN Angela, talk about sexual! I couldn't stop laughing.

It's always weird watching an episode of the office outside of the office. There's only been, what, three? The Dundee's at chili's, Beach Games, and this one.

"MAN I would love to burn your candles."

haha so awkward.

It's always weird watching an episode of the office outside of the office. There's only been, what, three? The Dundee's at chili's, Beach Games, and this one.

Don't forget the Schrute bed and breakfast!

This episode had me laughing constantly. Michael's plasma, his sleeping bench... oh god.

So when they say new episodes every Thursday, how long do they mean, for the next two weeks? *raises eyebrow*

Man this season is so differernt than any other season. Everyone is having terrible breakdowns, it's so sad. But funny. I thought Jim was kind of an ass for trying to duck out on Pam. Hmmm, I forget what else. Oh! Angela smashing her ice cream on Andy's door after he licked it. HAHA!

"And just as you have planted your seed in the ground, I am going to plant my seed in you. "

I really liked this ep. So many funny moments. Of course it is always a 'lil odd when it's outside of the office, but I think they tend to do it well and it often helps in character development. What I loved was seeing Michael strike back at Jan a few times.

“This is my office."

"She’s never been in there.”

“I have the best trophy right here…besides The Dundies.”

I thought Jim was kind of an ass for trying to duck out on Pam.

See, that's not really what happened. He was in a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation and had to play it out. His story was that his apt. had flooded, so he told Pam they needed to go. Mike interrupted and said that Pam didn't need to go with him. At that point he wasn't going to admit the lie, so he just went along with it. Either go ahead and leave (the logical choice to cover his story) or stay and pretend that losing all his stuff didn't bother him/he really wanted to be there. Of course Pam 1-upped him, leading to him staying, which was great. Even better at the end when he said his apt had burned and Pam had to jump in and remind him it had flooded.

ok guys, I'm back.

I haven't come to nightly in FOREVER, and then ROCK reminded me about this thread, geez, it's been a while.

I loved the new Office. It wasn't as funny as I was used to, but a lot of the material was still pretty funny. I'm just pretty pumped about the new episodes.

and I was just doing some catch up reading on this forum, who what when and where about a spinoff?!?!?!

was this officially announced?

wow.

Somehow I get the feeling that such will be delayed to keep the people into the show for their relationship watching. I also have a feeling that something bad may happen before he gets around to it. Them liking each other, going thru the ins and outs of getting together, finally hooking up, and then it all just going peachy from there doesn't seem like the way the show likes to play things out.

Yeah but like we've discussed before, the Office likes to break convention. Nobody wanted to believe they would actually get together either. Well I did. :D Also Jim and Pam are the anchor of the show, they are the ones who kinda keep it within the borders of sanity so to speak.

OMG Oscar Mayer Wiener Lover. Awesome!

"I'm sure you have some liberal lady friends who feel comfortable around you because of your condition..."

I also loved the "Five Families" montage, especially all those "Courtesy Of" photos -- a nice documentary motif I don't remember the show using before.

Random trivia: the director of tonight's episode also brought us the real documentary Spellbound from a few years back, the one about the National Spelling Bee. Weird.

Michael and his whininess over trying to get a date and completely ruining it with the landlady was hilarious. Accidentally calling Jan was priceless.

I loved Kevin in this episode, especially the open - holding his feet and saying, "I'm going to quit" was hilarious and he pushed the meeting with the other owners. Some people don't like walking as much as others.

"Just give them back their spaces". LOL

I can't see Jim and Pam getting engaged and married anytime soon. Their relationship is one of the biggest hooks of the series, if there's no reason to speculate over it, that's one less reason to watch the show. My guess would be that Roy comes back to start trouble, or that something crazy happens between the two of them. One of the synopses for an upcoming episode said that some problems come up when Pam comes over to spend the night, so that might be something. Since the U.S. show has now progressed beyond the point the U.K. show did, there's really no telling. Tim and Dawn didn't even start dating until that show ended anyways. I'm sure they'll eventually be happily married, but with the show so popular, I'm sure the show runners want that to happen way down the line.

Anyways, best part of that episode was Kevin's description of the Five Families.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.