Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

ALSO: Eileen Wilks. She has a series that stars Lily Yu a Sensitive police detective. It has werewolves and magic and demons and all sorts of interesting stuff. TBH, I may enjoy her series more than both the Kitty and Mercy series'.

I tried looking for the Wilks series through my library, and they don't have the Yu series... they have all of the others :(

I've been meaning to get to the Vaughn and Briggs series', too... I really need to stop pulling a million books from the new release shelf every time I go to the library.

Speaking of, I'm two chapters into Hari Kunzru's Gods Without Men, which is, so far, intriguing, but a bit schizo.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Salt today. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. I thought the topic was interesting enough to finish it, but I doubt I'll read it again soon. Too dull and repetitive. Even so, I still found it preferable to Count Zero - I'm still trying to get through that one.

Started Coal: A Human History by Barbara Freese today.

:lol: No, it was published in 2003, long before The Hunger Games became popular. Perhaps The Hunger Games author read the book before writing the novels, though. Coal mining is dangerous work, and children were often employed in it, to justify smaller, more economical mine shafts, so that part of The Hunger Games is realistic.

The book is well-written, and more engaging than Salt was, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm totally filling my nook with all those books I've always wanted to read but couldn't bring myself to buy. And we all know that the library and I are only theoretical friends, not actual ones because I am incapable of remembering to return books.

http://www.overdrive.com/#2

Your library probably supports this. The only issue is that the copy availability for each book is way, way lower than the print copies, and you only have two weeks with each book, no renewals. BUT, the Nook makes you remember to return your books. Making you remember to finish the book in two weeks is a whole other deal...

But, yeah. My e-books are all public domain classics I've either never bought, or wore out/lost my copy of.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.