Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

I'm reading "The Academy" by Bentley Little. It's classic Little at his best. Taking an ordinary situation and turning it upside down to the extreme. Like his other two books which are similiar (The Store and The Association) this story is about a high school which suddenly turns into a charter school from hell.

So far there is an art teacher which requests a bunch of mothers come down to the school and pose naked for portraits that the students will paint. Most of the mothers say no, but there are 3 or so that do it. The art teacher doesn't lose their job and the principal is behind it 100%. A bunch of weird things are going on so far, but that one was pretty funny.

Man in the Iron Mask

Blood Ravens: Dawn of War Omnibus - C S Goto

Warhammer novel ? Excellent. Let me know how that floated your seacraft because I haven't ventured to the 40k section yet.

I do believe that every single book I've posted in here is a 40k book....

Man in the Iron Mask

Blood Ravens: Dawn of War Omnibus - C S Goto

Warhammer novel ? Excellent. Let me know how that floated your seacraft because I haven't ventured to the 40k section yet.

I do believe that every single book I've posted in here is a 40k book....

Well.....yessss....

But.

That was before I myself got to reading the series. So it doesn't count. :p

I'm in the middle of The Killing Dance right now. I rather enjoy these books...still no real sex yet though. I think Anita is going to leave Richard by the end of this one...DON'T TELL ME THOUGH!!

And OMG NOOOO.... Edward :(. I loves Edward.

Just finished Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel. Wondering what I should read next.

Did you enjoy Wurtzel? I found that book extremely frustrating.

For your next read, maybe steer clear of Misery Lit and read this book - The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami.

Just finished Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel. Wondering what I should read next.

For your next read, maybe steer clear of Misery Lit and read this book - The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami.

Ha. I know, the last few books I've read were all doom and gloom. I don't know what I felt about the book --- I feel like she's a bit over the edge and I can see why you say it was frustrating to you. I dunno if I would call it frustrating... but then again, I don't know WHAT I would call it. I think if she would have written that book today and not the 15 or so years ago that she did, it wouldn't have been as relevant. I have to think on it a bit.

I've read the Wind-Up Bird Chronicles... actually, I've read quite a bit of Murakami.

At the moment I'm reading Portrait of a Killer: Jack The Ripper - Case Closed by Patricia Cornwell. I guess I had to keep up with a dark subject, anyway.

That book gave me confidence that if I so chose I could survive Harvard with flying colors.

Anyway, I'm reading Stealing Athena by Karen Essex. OMG SOOO AMAZING so far. I'm really enjoying it :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sulis, you get to join Icy and I in our adulation of Pillars and the other book... holy crap, I can't 'member the other one, Icy? Anyhoo, awesomness! :D

I am reading The Vampire Files Volume 2. Book one was a fast read and two is proving to be also. Volume 1 & 2 are comprised of several short stories (were sold as single books) about Mr. Fleming who was inadvertently turned into a Vampire by the wrong people at the wrong time. He meets up with a private investigator named Escot who knows about Mr. Flemings 'condition' and they become great friends and have all sorts of adventures.

Mr. Fleming is a good vamp, he feeds off cows at the Slaughterhouse, can hypnotize folks, can disappear totally or partially, has good hearing, good eye sight. He can't turn into a bat or anything like that, garlic, crosses and holy water do nothing for him. He worries only about wood and wide expanses of water. Oh, and mirrors, yeah, that part is true too, he can't see himself.

Anyhoo, it is basically set slighty before, during and after the Great Depression era and is an easy ride. Oh, and Mr. Fleming knows of only two other Vamps, whom he meets in Volume 1.

And that is mine review, such as it is :lol:

there's an extra long version of The Stand????

:lol:

It's like knowing there's an extra loooooong version of In a Gadda Davida by Iron Butterfly!

It's the "Complete and Uncut Edition" and clocks in at 1141 pages, roughly 900 of which are spent ...

developing an army of characters, most of whom just end up dying at the end.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.