Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

I dunno who suggested the Society of S by Susan Hubbard, but I totally loved it! This was a story about a girl and her strange upbringing. The tale is told kinda like in journal form, but with no dates or anything like that. It is easy right off the bat (pun not intended but it works!) to figure out that someone in this family is a vampire. This vampire tale is also not one that follows the 'normal' parameters surrounding vampire myth and legend. These vampires can be out in sunlight, they do need blood, but synthetics plays a part in all this. Its not a scary vampire tale, but one that could be accounted to any human family where one or more people have an affliction of some kind that makes them a little more different from other normal people. Besides an affliction, the dynamics of a dysfunctional family relates to just about any human family as well.

I found this book to be quite interesting and thought provoking. So, whomever suggested this book, thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished up a trilogy of Evelyn Christenson's books What Happens When Women Pray, Lord, Change Me and Gaining Through Losing.

Yesterday, I started on Adams Vs. Jefferson: The Tumultuous Election of 1800 by John Ferling. It is a nice read so far with the first chapter introducing us to the major players. I just finished a section on a brief biography of Charles Cotesworth Pinckney.

Yesterday, I started on Adams Vs. Jefferson: The Tumultuous Election of 1800 by John Ferling. It is a nice read so far with the first chapter introducing us to the major players.

I have a copy of that. The beginning is good. Must finish it one day.

Someone tell me I should read instead of walk, please. Otherwise I'll feel really guilty for not walking.

Why not both? Just lift your eyes to check your path about once every four paragraphs or so.

Guys, you do realize who your suggesting that too right? I'd probably walk myself right into the river and not even realize it! ;)

Why not both? Just lift your eyes to check your path about once every four paragraphs or so.

I used to do that all the time when I lived in NYC. Probably not the smartest thing to do in a city that size, but I was only 19. Kids are dumb.

So, I picked up Sybill at Goodwill about a year ago and I'm finally getting around to reading it. The book is so old, it's falling apart! One of those rare cases where I saw the movie first, so we'll see how this pans out. I'm starting it at lunch today.

Undome - Mists of Avalon is one of my favorite books. I tand to like stories that end on a downer... I have no idea why, though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.