Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

I will start thinking about the next classic I want to pick up about a month after I finally finish The Count of Monte Cristo. I did not realize how long that book was when I started it since it's on my Kindle. Whatever it is, I'm totally getting it free!

Maybe we could do a poll of a few popular (and free) classics to see if we can get a few people interested in reading the same one?

As for paper books, I'm reading the ninth Stephanie Plum book now. They are such quick fun reads!

No it displays locations and percentage

Yeah, that's annoying. I tend to mark my page, close my book, and gauge where I am by where my marker is in relation to the spine on paper books, though, so I just pay attention to the percentage.

OH. So. So I'm actually on topic - Jasper Kent's Twelve. And a book I'm too embarassed to admit to reading.

Okay, now I'm curious! Spill, Icy! We'll all see it when you add it in the impreza anyway. :)

... I wasn't going to add it to the Impreza. I'm not going to finish it.

There is no book out there you should be embarrassed to admit to me. And you know this.

To you, sure. To Nightly as a whole? :p

I feel like I have been reading The Count of Monte Cristo forever now. My goal is to finish it tonight. Helping me get through it will be pizza, beer, and a snuggly puppy. Here's hoping I actually read for more than an hour before falling asleep. :p

Also, my Friday nights aren't always this epic, but sometimes my life is just wild. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Jane Eyre. On my Kindle.

I admit, this is the best part about e-readers. I don't have to be outwardly embarrassed by my reading choices anymore! Just inwardly embarrassed.

Why do I read the stuff I should be reading in public to look smart on my anonymous Kindle, and the stuff that makes me look like a 16 year old Twi-hard in print, complete with embarrassing cover art?

Haha, nice! I kind of want a Kindle cover made from an old book. so it always looks like I'm reading a real book.

The book I'm reading right now has me on the edge of my seat. It was a daily deal on Kindle, so I got it for $0.99, and it's totally worth it. It's called The Deal by Adam Gittlin. It's about a wealthy young real estate broker in NYC. The plot is fast paced and there are lots of twists and turns. There aren't any likable characters, but the plot is entertaining enough to keep me reading. Can't wait to finish it tonight. I've been ready for a fast paced, purely entertaining read for awhile now.

I haven't been participating in this thread, but I should be, as my goal for the year was to read more books. Remember that one year I read 50? Ha, that was before i started writing...

Anyway, I just finished Delirium by Lauren Oliver, which was okay but such a letdown after the previous three books I read, which were AMAZING: The Price of the Stars, Starpilot's Grave, and By Honor Betray'd, the first three books in the Mageworlds series. They are so incredibly good and I've been recommending them to everyone. They are among my new favorites and two of the main characters, Beka Rosselin-Metadi and Nyls Jessan, are some of my favorite characters ever.

The next book on my list is Operation: Montauk by Bryan Young.

Haha, nice! I kind of want a Kindle cover made from an old book. so it always looks like I'm reading a real book.

I happen to have a good friend who makes them and sells them on Etsy... http://www.etsy.com/shop/forrestconcepts

I was going to buy one, and then I crocheted myself a cover... plus, I'm waiting to find the perfect old book so she can make me one custom.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.