Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

I really need to catch up on these threads.

I'm reading Psychiatric Tales: Eleven Graphic Stories About Mental Illness. It's actually a graphic novel describing mental illnesses and various stories about people who have them. It's written and drawn but a psychiatric nurse. The art isn't very good, it looks a bit like an ad for a medication, but it is still an interesting approach. It's a quick read.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a TON of books for Christmas, plus I borrowed a stack from my bother and sister-in-law. I hope to get at least one read before class starts up again on Jan 17th, but I'm not sure which one to go for. I know for sure that I'll be saving the Song of Ice and Fire series Chris got me for Christmas (SO EXCITED!!!) for summer break, so I think I'm leaning toward the book my brother got me, which is Plucker by Brom - if I can't get this heavily illustrated book read in a little over a week, I'm doing something wrong!

Other books on the "To Read" list:

The Child Thief - Brom

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

The Elephant Vanishes - Haruki Murakami

The Hour I First Believed - Wally Lamb

Mistborn and The Wells of Ascension - Brandon Sanderson

I have finally reached the halfway point in The Count of Monte Cristo!!!!!

I'm hoping it continues to get more interesting as is goes, because I'm actually sort of enjoying it right now.

It does!! It took me ages to read but I think I reached a certain point and it just clicked and I flew through it. It takes a loooooong time for everything to be set up perfectly in the story for it to continue

I'm reading Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton right now. It's an Anita Blake book...and yeah, I'm about done with this series. This book is terrible. I mean, just terrible. The dialogue is exactly the same as all the dialogue in the past 4-5 books, and it's just...bad. The characters are beginning to annoy the **** out of me, and LKH has practically RUINED my favorite character from the series. I swear, if Anita sleeps with Edward. We're through.

I'm working my way through Cassandra Clare's two series' right now. I'm on City of Fallen Angels, which is the fourth Mortal Instruments book. The first three are a complete storyline, this is the beginning of a sequel storyline, and she's tying it into her Infernal Devices prequel series (Clockwork Prince is my next read). Why am I bothering to explain this? So far, the sequel is better than the original. Like, stunningly so. I read 2/3 of it in one sitting yesterday. It took me 10 days to read City of Glass, and I was bedridden for three of them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.