Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

And I love Kindle books.

I happen to have a friend who publishes independently via Kindle...

http://www.amazon.com/Fourth-Choice-Surcadian-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B004XTX0CE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313259109&sr=8-1

Meanwhile, I'm reading Harkness' A Discovery of Witches. I would love, one of these days, to see a vampire character who isn't a looker, but has such a great personality. The HE'S OMG HOT AND HAS SCARYSEXY EYES!!1! thing is getting a little old.

I think most urban fantasy books nowadays are gonna be to steal the Twi-hard fanbase. :(

I just got The Hunger Games for my Nook. After that, I'm thinking I'm going to try to pick up the new Anita Blake and trudge through it. Then, possibly, the 2 latest Kitty Norville books.

After that though, I'm out of ideas. Somebody just recently gently suggested (aka YELLED ON THE INTERNET) that I should not give the Vampire Diaries a go...

I yelled gently :lol:

ID2 would second my TVD book hate. But really, you need to go watch the show now.

Also, if you really want to read more teen girl targeted supernatural fiction, you should read Lauren Kate's Fallen series, and Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments series. Both are about 32,000,000 times better than anything L.J. Smith could ever write.

I'm ok with staying away from the teen drama of it all. Give me adult drama. Doesn't even need to be full of sex, I just really like modern urban fantasy. I like fantasy novels with supernatural creatures set in modern times. Doesn't even necessarily need to be "dark" like Anita Blake. Happier stuff like Potter works too.

You should just opt for something completely different and read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon!

I'm just finishing up my vacation book that I purchased because it's set in Maine and I love to read a book set in my vacation location when possible. It's called Colony and it was a really slow starting book. Now that I'm 3/4 done, it's much more interesting but pretty depressing. It covers the entire life span of a woman starting when she's 17 and she's currently 84.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am currently actively reading one book on my Kindle and one in the paper version. I really really really like both of them, but I hate switching between them. Maybe I'll have to use part of my upcoming long weekend to finish one of them. And maybe I'll get back into The Count of Monte Cristo at some point too. That's one boring book.

My current Kindle read is Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. It's a lot different than most of what I read, but it's an interesting and lovely story told by an old man in a nursing home, who lived a pretty interesting life. I just found out it was made into a movie at one point, but I was completely unfamiliar with it when I started it.

My paper book is The Fiery Cross book five in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series that I love. I really want to finish it, but I hate carrying around such a large, paper filled book.

Yeah... Water for Elephants has been on my to-read list for awhile, but good luck finding a cheap or loan copy after they cast Robert Pattinson as the lead. :unimpressed:

I'm reading M.D. Lachlan's Fenrir. I'm like three paragraphs in, though.

It's a sequel to his Wolfangel, which is recommended if you like your fantasy-horror in a historical fiction setting. I was skeptical because I'm a little sick of werewolves, but Wolfsangel was well done, so I'm pretty stoked for Fenrir.

I think Water for Elephants was cheap (99 cents) or free on Kindle when I picked it up. Kindle FTW!

I will need too look back through here for some suggestions for my next book, since I plan to finish the Fiery Cross one soon. I'm stopping at the library today too for the first time in at least a few months, so we'll see if I can find any gems.

I happen to have a copy of Water For Elephants waiting for me at the library for FREE :p

I'm still on Fenrir. I've had to take some time off because I got really overextended on what people want me to crochet for Christmas presents. A hand injury thrown in there didn't help.

That's such a good idea, K_D. My husband and I have really different tastes in book, so it would be a miracle if we could agree on something, but that's an awesome way to spend time together.

I've never heard of Traitors' Gate before. What's it a bout?

I'm excited to start my next book, Divergent by Veronica Roth. It's the Goodreads top pick of the year, so I figured I'd give it a try. It's a YA book, though, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

Cashmere, my husband and I have really different tastes, as well. He prefers true crime stuff (when he reads at all) and I'm all about the fantasy. Hunger Games seems to satisfy both of those, at least to a degree :lol:

Traitors' Gate is the 3rd book in a series; the first is Spirit Gate, the second is Shadow Gate. There's a 4th book coming, but apparently it's a standalone novel? Not too sure. Kate Elliott is a decent writer. They're definitely more in the fantasy genre.

Have you ever read any Brandon Sanderson? I love his stuff.

The movie was eh. Mostly because I'm not a fan of RPatz.

This is why I'm reading the book, and I probably won't touch the movie. Dear ol' Mr. Sparkles is up there with Tom Cruise and Rose McGowan for me. I can't get past the fact that it's THEM and enjoy the character they're playing. Even when they're blowing the character out of the water, they're too recognizable.

I... just can't see RPatz and Reese Witherspoon playing Jacob and Marlena :hmm:

I'm now three chapters in to D.E. Johnson's Motor City Shakedown. It's about mobsters in 1911 Detroit. Next up is Megan Chance's City of Ash, which is about catty bitches in 1889. I'm moving back in time. The Civil War should be my next stop, if I progress logically.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.