Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

I just finished The Bonemender by Holly Bennett. It's recommended for 7th grade and up, but I'm an English major, so I'm reading Ovid, Sir Thomas More, and Edmund Spenser on a regular basis; I need light reads to break the monotony :) It was actually a very good book! I started it this morning and finished it an hour or so ago, and I enjoyed it. I'm going to go back and read the sequel, even if it is a book for kids.

Colleen McCullough's The First Man in Rome. I've been reading it for the past month. I don't think I'm going to replicate my 98 book count from last year :lol:

For the record, it's good, but slow in parts. It's also a very dense 900+ pages.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished The Odyssey. I know it's supposed to be this epic book that is one of the pillars of Western literature... but it was boring. And stupid. And kind of made me want to die.

It's all in the translation. Certain translators are awful. A select few produce readable books. I liked The Odyssey, much better than I liked The Iliad.

Home Buying for Dummies

My new job is at a company that buys and sells real estate and I don't know jack about it. The majority of my job is supposed to be in acquisitions, but I have no idea what's going on. I'm hoping this will teach me a least a little of the lingo. Plus, it looks like we're gonna get the boot from our house soon. My grandparents got a great offer for this house, so we're going to look into buying one of our own.

I love the Dresden Files! What do you think of them?

I love them! I find the characters to be well written and memorable (especially Bob), and there is an excellent balance between the action, the humor, and the drama. By far one of the better series I've read in the last several years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.