Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest huntforcare

I’m going to join you but with the caveat that I might reread some that I read as a kid and didn’t like. If you say Catcher in the Rye isn’t the monster I think it is, I believe you. But I’m gonna have to see for myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now half way through 2010, which only just struck me that I'm reading 2010 in 2010. The movie adaptation is very faithful to the book. So much in fact that I couldn't tell you any differences. 2001 on the other hand has lots of differences.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished Torment by Lauren Kate a few minutes ago, and I was shocked by how much I liked it. The main character has improved so much since the first book I can't even describe it. I'm thrilled beyond belief with Lauren Kate right now for making the lead character in a book for tween girls interesting, somewhat intelligent, and willing to stand up for herself when her boyfriend is being a douche. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I started reading Wicked last night and it was pretty slow. Does it get better than this or does it just meander aimlessly the rest of the book?

I never thought it was slow, so... :shrug: YMMV.

I'm reading Toby Alone by Timothee de Fombelle right now. It's... cute and dark at the same time.

I looked at Wicked in the books store, read a bit from the middle, put it back on the shelf. It did not grab me.

I forget the name of the book am reading now, it is in the car, I'll have to look at it tomorrow.

I did just finish Divas Inc., it was cute. I also finished the latest Anita Blake book, of which I forget the title. Am going to have to check the book list on my library account.

I need suggestions, am finding myself getting stale lately with reading.

*slinks off to reserve a spot on the 2011 book reading list keeper thingy*

Guest REVROSWELL

'A World Without Time':...The Forgotten Legacy of Gödel And Einstein". It's my 2nd read of an fairly difficult profound read that requires a rethinking of what reality is.The book also accurately describes the personality of Godel, which is a biographical rarity.

Despite the little books academic sounding title it's nevertheless a fine but difficult read probably because the author is Palle Yourgrau who is a professor of philosophy at Brandeis University. He has a strange, peculiar way of expressing ideas etc. add to that, I have always found some 'foreign'* authors to write in an unorthodox manner.

* Books written about the genius Godel by modern authors (not Palle) are tainted by their atheism, a good example is Rebbecca Goldstein (the proof and paradox of kurt Godel, who gives exactly one page to Godels ontological argument that he created. His child like inner being was steeped in metaphysical wonder and that is rarely if ever touched on by modern authors. Yes Godel is a hero of mine.

~rr~

I am currently reading "Horns" by Joe Hill. Hill is the son of Stephen King and after reading his first book "Heart Shaped Box" I ran out and bought Horns and it is not disappointing one bit. Just the first 50 pages have you feeling sorry for Iggy and laughing at the same time.

It is about a man named Iggy who wakes up one morning after getting drunk the previous night with horns on his head. Soon he learns that people say things to him and about him that they normally wouldn't say because of the horns. They express their true feelings for him. It is crazy so far. Plus Iggy is a person of interest in the murder of his girlfriend and everything thinks he did it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.