Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

• 2 weeks later...

... and? :p

I'm currently almost finished with House of Night: Chosen :blush:

As much as this particular installment is making me hate everything about Zoey and her friends, the "Draco Malfoy" character is actually keeping me reading until the end. But I probably will not go on to book 4, unless the ending is just that intriguing.

I'm currently reading three books.

At home, I'm reading War and Remembrance by Herman Wouk. This is pretty heady and is taking me some time to get through, but it is an excellent book. I also really liked the first one, The Winds of War.

When I stay at my parents for the weekend, I am reading Pride and Prejudice. I know the story already, of course, but I've always wanted to read the book. Plus, I received Pride and Prejudice and Zombies as a gift, and I figure I should read the real one first. :p

At work, during lunch break, I am reading Footfall by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. This is a weird one about elephant shaped aliens invading the earth. It's pretty good, but odd.

When I stay at my parents for the weekend, I am reading Pride and Prejudice. I know the story already, of course, but I've always wanted to read the book. Plus, I received Pride and Prejudice and Zombies as a gift, and I figure I should read the real one first. :p

Psh. I've never read P&P, but I read P&P&Z and it's prequel, no problem :lol:

If you like P&P&Z, do give Dawn of the Dreadfuls a shot. It was actually very good, for a zombie romance romp :lol:

I'm reading 3 books now.

In the bathroom, I'm reading "The Hobbit".

In bed, I'm reading Craig Ferguson's "American on Purpose" on my iPod.

And I just got the 4th book in Dean Koontz's Frankenstein series "Lost Souls", which I will start reading today.

So I ordered the Absolute Sandman vol 1 for my trip and....GREAT SATAN! I knew it was going to be thick, but I didn't realize it was going to be so...physically...MASSIVE. I never thought I'd have to check dimensions...I might have to find another book to bring. 0_0 Maybe "As She Climbed Across the Table". That sounded interesting, but short. Or "Under the Dome". I dunno.

• 2 weeks later...

That's true, the library is down the street but I have a few giftcards for my local favorite bookstore I've been holding on to for a while, lol. I also don't make it out often so I worry about not returning books on time (this is also why I don't borrow books). My birthday is in a month, I'm asking for a kindle in addition to my usual "omg I'm all about Vons Comics" requests. Though I'm not positive I'll like digital reading or not.

Ahhh! That would be so sweet to get a Kindle. That immediate gratification of just downloading to your heart's content is wonderful and dangerous all at once. :) I adapted to digital reading very quickly. It did take me a few chapters to get the button press timed perfectly, but it's been smooth sailing since then.

Icy, are you enjoying the dragon tattoo book more now, or still finding it slow?

Icy, are you enjoying the dragon tattoo book more now, or still finding it slow?

It's picking up a little bit. I'm reading for more than five minutes at a time without flipping ahead to see how many pages I have to read until I find a good stopping place, at least :p

I read that one! I enjoyed it well enough, but I had a few of his book to read on vacation last year and they were all kind of similar. I got sick of them after the first few.

As for me, I'm going to reread the Dresden Files novels, or at least some of them. :) I started with the second one because my bf lent his copy of the first one to a friend and never got it back.

Guest ronaldtaylor

At the moment I read through the Pale Blue Dot Carl Sagan. I hope quickly enough to get you started in the Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.

I'm in the middle of Terry Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule. Loooong book. I usually read fast, but for whatever reason, I'm not going through this at my usual pace. Not sure if it's because the author's style makes you slow down or what. I'm enjoying it, so it's not a matter of that, either.

Also at some of your suggestions, I picked up a Neil Gaiman book, or so I thought. It turns out the library has plenty of graphic novels to go 'round! My husband gave me a funny look when he saw me walk out of the library with a comic book. :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.