Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

yeah, i need to read/reread that series before the book 12 trilogy comes out.

zen and the art of motorcycle maintenace- i can't believe how long this is taking. i started it at the end of december sometime and i'm only now just over half way through. i can't just keep going for 7 hours or whatever at a time, though. i can blitz the story sections, and then get bogged down in the philosophy sections, which means i can only read for about 15 minutes at a time, then i have to take a break and digest. what it's saying so far makes pretty much complete sense though.

Well, in Robert Jordan's defense, the 12th book was supposed to be it. The idiot they got to write from his notes after Jordan died was the one who decided three more books were necessary.

Well in the idiot's defense, he had a dozen storylines to wrap up. I'd rather he did it at the same pace Jordan set for the rest of his books rather than rushing thru it. Jordan might have said Memory of Light would be the last, but seriously it would have been impossible. Even Harriet, RJ's widow, said he was being too ambitious.

I'm currently reading Martha Wells' The Fall of Ile-Rien trilogy; I'm on book 2.

I have never read Rand before, but I have heard mixed opinions. For instance, my brother has been working on that one for the better part of 4 years now. Obviously, he takes long breaks. Others I know love her stuff. I'd love to hear what you think of it when you're all done!

I have never read Rand before, but I have heard mixed opinions. For instance, my brother has been working on that one for the better part of 4 years now. Obviously, he takes long breaks. Others I know love her stuff. I'd love to hear what you think of it when you're all done!

I'll definitely post my thoughts once I finish it, thanks for your interest!

Guest REVROSWELL

The Cannabis Breeder's Bible: The Definitive Guide to Marijuana Genetics, Cannabis Botany and Creating Strains for the Seed Market.

I have applied for the forms to ask for a federal exemption to use Cannabis for sacrament for the Church. I haven't made up my mind about mushrooms yet. I don't think mention this has violates any TOS agreement because it will be legal and is about using the Herb as God intended.

RevR

lastrites, I've had a few different people come into the library asking for Ayn Rand books; I'll have to be sure to read your thoughts on it :)

I'm on to Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron. My library is doing its next book discussion on this book. I'm about halfway through it now and I've spent probably half of my time reading it crying. It's a really cute book and the antics of a kitten make me smile, but it's really hitting home for me.

Lastrities, there's actually an Atlas Shrugged discussion thread around here somewhere :) And what is it with that book? My grandma just told me to read it the other week...

I'm reading Crichton's Pirate Latitudes instead. I have Colfer's new HHGTTG novel on tap next.

Hey Irish, you liked Fallen, right? I saw it at the bookstore, so I put a hold on it at the library (backwards, I know...). Looks like I'll have to wait awhile...

Guest REVROSWELL

I did like Fallen! Good strong story, good characterization, good cliffhanger at the end to guarantee people buy the sequel... all in all, I loved it. Then again, I also loved Twilight, so you might not want to take my opinion too highly under consideration ;)

I wish I could get interested in fiction, the only time I did read fiction was when I was a guest of the state for 120 days. I read the 'silence of the lambs'. That was back in the 90s and I had already seen the movie. The book was better, but both were good. I think fiction broadens the mind in much the same way that getting out in the woods to camp, hike or climb does. It does something refreshing and profound to the mind....

RR

I did like Fallen! Good strong story, good characterization, good cliffhanger at the end to guarantee people buy the sequel... all in all, I loved it. Then again, I also loved Twilight, so you might not want to take my opinion too highly under consideration ;)

hahaha, I'm a self-hating Twilight fan... I'm sure I'll either love this or hate myself for loving it, then :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to hanker after a good historical biography though...

Read Sex With Kings :p

Not only am I still reading Anathem, but I've been absolutely plagued by insomnia lately, and I'm about eight cantos into the Inferno now. Dante isn't nearly as good as Henry James for putting me to sleep :p

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.