Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

Well, since my last update I've finished all I mentioned except P+P+Z...which has the uncanny ability to put me into a happy sleep. I'm about 3/4 through....

I also finished two of the sequels to Once Bitten, Twice Shy and I've started The Eye of the World by Robert Jorden.

(Watchmen was very good, by the way. I didn't really like the movie, but you can't help but love the graphic novel. It was so in depth with itself.)

Dune is on my "to read" list.

Dune is to sci-fi what LOTR is to fantasy - often considered the best in the genre. Like LOTR, it's all there in the appendix. It's also a very tough read. It's dense, and not just physically. There's a LOT going on all the time and you have to be very thorough in your reading of it or else you'll miss something important. About seventy pages in now and so far, so good.

I haven't read a thing all year. Suck it, Book Club.

Fail.

Dune is to sci-fi what LOTR is to fantasy - often considered the best in the genre. Like LOTR, it's all there in the appendix. It's also a very tough read. It's dense, and not just physically. There's a LOT going on all the time and you have to be very thorough in your reading of it or else you'll miss something important. About seventy pages in now and so far, so good.

Yeah, you have to be in the right mood for Dune, but once you hit that mood, you can't put it down.

I'm finally up to bok eight of the Wheel of Time series, haven't spotted book nine in any of my fave bookshops yet, I've come this far so I have to finish them all now!

I commend you for your tenacity Sulis. The W.O.T series looks intriguing, but I've been detered from starting it because of how well it actually lives up to its name.

I commend you for your tenacity Sulis. The W.O.T series looks intriguing, but I've been detered from starting it because of how well it actually lives up to its name.

yeah, I'm persistent! it's quite a good series and I'm suspicious of anything non Tolkien (how could anything ever top LOTR?) mind you I think 8+ books is dragging it out a bit but I'm determined to finish it. :)

yeah, I'm persistent! it's quite a good series and I'm suspicious of anything non Tolkien (how could anything ever top LOTR?) mind you I think 8+ books is dragging it out a bit but I'm determined to finish it. :)

I hope your determined with a capital "D", Sulis. I've read that Brian Sanderson, who's supposedly been brought in to complete the series has said that the last volume has been extended to three books, each to be at least 250,000 words.

You are much more patient than I.

I hope your determined with a capital "D", Sulis. I've read that Brian Sanderson, who's supposedly been brought in to complete the series has said that the last volume has been extended to three books, each to be at least 250,000 words.

I'm such a masochist, LOL! damn, well our new library has just opened so I might wait until they have them then.

The Count of Monte Christo.........still.

It's taking me ages as I keep finding new TV shows to watch instead of read

I was the same way about Anna Karenina got to the last chapter and never finished it. I found it a very tough read.

first time I've ever posted in the books section!

I just started reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte... for some reason I'm wanting to read all the classics... I finished Little Women a few months ago and when I'm done with this one I'm going to start Great Expectations... all were bought at Barnes and Nobles for around 5 bucks each!

I just started reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte... for some reason I'm wanting to read all the classics... I finished Little Women a few months ago and when I'm done with this one I'm going to start Great Expectations

I've been reading about one classic per year, I started off with Anna Karenina which I found to be a tough read and the only Bronte I've read was Wuthering Heights I can recommend that one, it's dark though.

I read some Jane Austen years ago: Pride & Predjudice and Emma that's as far as I got with Austen :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading Interview With the Vampire. My reading list was getting scant and my library is doing construction so I can only choose between paperbacks and children's books. They had it in paperback so I picked it up.

Unfortunately the reading is going slowly because I've been spending all my free time watching back episodes of Dexter while knitting Christmas presents.

• 2 weeks later...

Really. I've never read it, but I have some friends who will be elated.

I'm reading Christopher Pike's Season of Passage, per Mara's recommendation. It took me a bit to get into... his writing style is terse. His sentences are so short. At first it was like STOP STOP STOP STOP and it was a bit jarring... but I got past it and into the story :p

The prologue reminded me of the Doctor Who episode where the off-world strip miners found Satan. Now it's reminiscent of that, Crichton's Sphere, and the later books in Bradley's Mists of Avalon series. It's definitely holding my attention, I went through half the book in pretty much one sitting. I didn't finish it last night because The Vampire Diaries was on :p

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.