Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

Sup guys?

So I just finished the new Stephanie Plum, because I had to read my history book first! I laughed through most of it.

Now my friend, Tracey, has me reading J.R. Ward's Dark Lover. It's a part of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. So far...it's pretty ok. Decent sex scenes...weird vampires.

LOVE A Dirty Job. I gave it to my mom to read on her flight to Cali (she was going to San Francisco, so I thought it was appropriate), and she called me the minute her plane landed to tell me that she was laughing so hard, the guy sitting next to her thought she was a crackpot :D

Cerina - lucky! I haven't made it to 15 yet :(

Well, I'm about halfway through Dante's Inferno, but the library delivered on M.T. Anderson's Octavian Nothing Vol. 2, and I wanted to re-read Vol. 1, so... I'm just starting Octavian Nothing: The Pox Party, and the Inferno is being put on hold. Sorry, Dante and Virgil.

I'm listening to the audio book version of The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I have a love hate relationship with this guy. I really dislike his writing style during the conventional parts of his books, but love the parts that go into pseudo-lectures about history and such. Even if I don't really know which parts to believe.

Some. It just depends on how good the narrator is. The guy doing the narration for The Lost Symbol is the same guy that does a lot of History Channel documentaries, so that makes total sense. He's not the best, but he's really good to listen to throughout all of the many historical descriptions in the book.

There are a lot of audiobooks I can think of where a bad narrator ruins the whole thing. I tried to listen to Neal Stephenson's Anathem, but the narrator is just horrible. His monotonous tone and lack of an ability to do character voices makes the thing a chore to listen to, I just kinda gave up on that.

I tried to listen to Neal Stephenson's Anathem, but the narrator is just horrible. His monotonous tone and lack of an ability to do character voices makes the thing a chore to listen to, I just kinda gave up on that.

That's sad. I heard Stephenson read the first part of the first chapter, and it was riveting. But, despite having a copy for a year now, I still haven't read it...

Anyway, I'm reading Octavian Nothing Vol. II... and one of these days I'm going to get through the boring part and finish it. So far, I like the first one better.

I also had a MASSIVE bout of insomnia last night, and cracked off the first quarter of Henry James' The Turn of the Screw, which makes Dan Brown look like Shakespeare :p It did work, I was yawning pretty quickly...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.