Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

I'm Reading The Dragon Reborn (Third Book) Of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time.

Third time I've attempted this series, last Summer I got up to book 6 before I went back to College and didn't have time to read. I like the series, but it's time consuming and there's alot of plots mixed into one so you have to have time to read it at least a chaper a day, otherwise you forget the small crucial things that happen in the last books.

I started it early this year though, so I'm hoping to get up to book 12!

Hi, wolfgirl. *waves tsunamis*

There was a fantasy related convention here last weekend and I bought a donkeycartful of dirtcheap books, including the Wheel of Time series up to the Knife of Dreams. You're two books ahead of me, so if you start to lag again now I will catch you up. How's that for motivation ?!

Hooray for dirt cheap books! I've been mining the Free Books stack here at work like a madwoman recently, in anticipation of fabled free time coming up.

I'm about halfway through Charlaine Harris' All Together Dead. Damn her for writing books with cliffhanger chapter endings... I finally just had to deal with the fact that they found a body, and I have to wait to find out why :p

Hi, wolfgirl. *waves tsunamis*

There was a fantasy related convention here last weekend and I bought a donkeycartful of dirtcheap books, including the Wheel of Time series up to the Knife of Dreams. You're two books ahead of me, so if you start to lag again now I will catch you up. How's that for motivation ?!

That must take up alot of room on your shelf, I have the first 6 books on mine and it takes up 3/4 of one shelf to itself!

Well I started the series 2 weeks ago, took me a week and a half to read the first book as I was still in college ... 3 days to read the second one! and I'm on about my 4/5th day of this one because I've been busy.

So, it depends also on how long it takes you to read the hundreds of pages of each book ;).

Did you know that the series isn't finished yet, theres a plan to write 14 all in all.

Robert Jordan aimed to make it a 13 part if I remember correctly, but he died a while back and so a shadow writer is continuing the series and splitting the last intended book into two.

I am now reading Bentley Littles book "The Ignored" which is sort of like Fight Club right now, because it is about a guy who feels ignored and average and he and others like him start trying to get attention. The book is written with a first person narrative which I love if done right.

H-S, that sounds pretty cool. What do you like about first person, and what makes it "well done?" I'm just curious because I have read a lot of first person stuff that just doesn't grab my attention very well. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

HANFAN, I can't wait to hear how you like them. I'm getting ever closer to caving and reading them, and peer pressure seems to have a lot of clout with me around here.

I'm getting ever closer to caving and reading them, and peer pressure seems to have a lot of clout with me around here.

DO IT!!! :p

I think you'd like them - a smart, mostly self-sufficient heroine, vampires, other stuff, sex, and violence. What's not to love? ;)

What I like about first person is I have to appreciate the character and what they are going through. I like first person characters that have comedy in them and also have a realistic approach to the situation. I find I can put myself in the character's shoes if it is written well enough. I've read some bad first person stuff and I stopped reading, because the character simply wasn't interesting enough to follow around for the next 400 pages.

Some of the best first person stuff is in the horror genre, which is basically all I read these days. Bentley Little has done a couple. He did Ignored which I'm reading now and his other is called Dispatch which is simply awesome.

So, I was totally ready to give up on the Codex of Alera series when I couldn't get into the second book. Right after I thought that the book got crazy exciting and awesome. I think I'm hooked (as Copper predicted!) I can't wait to read during my laundry night tonight!

I just finished Once Bitten, Twice Shy, which a friend had lent me. It was pretty bad, but some of the descriptions were fun. Now I'm about half-way through The Host and I can't say I care for the warm-fuzzy feeling that's emitting from it. Oh well, in two days I'm going to have to put it on hold so I can read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Watchmen on vaca!

I like it alot, but I'm absolutely horrified at the same time. I'm not quite at halfway, and I've been comparing it to Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale - I think it's the whole intimate telling of an alternate history/future that seems really plausible and REAL. Now, if I have reoccurring violent zombie dreams like I have reoccurring human baby factory/chase and hide dreams, I will not be happy.

Next up is The Zombie Survival Guide. hahaha, HANPANTS thinks I'm bad, I have another friend who's supplying me with zombie books in exchange for vampire books every time we see each other. It's a vicious cycle.

Next up is The Zombie Survival Guide. hahaha, HANPANTS thinks I'm bad, I have another friend who's supplying me with zombie books in exchange for vampire books every time we see each other. It's a vicious cycle.

That book is AWESOME. Nate carries it around in his backpack and we have a copy at the office. Ya know.. JIK. ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.