Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

The Tree Shepard's Daughter

When her mother dies, fifteen-year-old Keelie Heartwood is forced to leave her beloved California to live with her nomadic father at a renaissance festival in Colorado. After arriving, Keelie finds men in tights and women in trailer trash-tight bodices roaming half-drunk, calling each other lady and lord even after closing time! Playacting the Dark Ages is an L.A. girl�€™s worst nightmare.

Keelie has a plan to ditch this medieval geekland ASAP, but while she plots, strange things start happening�€â€eerie, yet familiar. When Keelie starts seeing fairies and communicating with trees, she uncovers a secret that links her to a community of elves. As Keelie tries to come to grips with her elfin roots, disaster strikes, and Keelie�€™s identity isn�€™t the only thing that�€™s threatened.

One part human determination and one part elfin magic, Keelie Heartwood is a witty new heroine in a world where fantasy and reality mix with extraordinary results.

Okay, being a former ren faire vendor, I must needs to read this :lol:

edit: w00t, I just placed a library hold on it :lol:

K, you need to let me know when your done reading it and how you liked it! :D

I finished Slaughter House Five a few days ago. I can't decide if it was pure genius or retarded. Maybe I should not have read it so close to Christmas, but I felt dead inside, like something was sucked out of me when I finished the last page. Is all his work like this??

I finished Slaughter House Five a few days ago. I can't decide if it was pure genius or retarded. Maybe I should not have read it so close to Christmas, but I felt dead inside, like something was sucked out of me when I finished the last page. Is all his work like this??

Done! I read it yesterday afternoon in one sitting. It wasn't great literature, and I didn't expect it to be, but it was fun... especially since we're in the middle of total weather yuck, I though it might make me jones for a ren faire, but it actually made me feel like I had attended one, which is a very nice winter treat for a faire junkie like me :D So, I'll order book two post haste, even if I don't get it before break is over it's such an easy, fluffy read that it'll be a nice escape from required reading.

And I felt a bit like that after reading Cat's Cradle, so :shrug:

Done! I read it yesterday afternoon in one sitting. It wasn't great literature, and I didn't expect it to be, but it was fun... especially since we're in the middle of total weather yuck, I though it might make me jones for a ren faire, but it actually made me feel like I had attended one, which is a very nice winter treat for a faire junkie like me :D So, I'll order book two post haste, even if I don't get it before break is over it's such an easy, fluffy read that it'll be a nice escape from required reading.

And I felt a bit like that after reading Cat's Cradle, so :shrug:

Oh, definitely not an award worthy piece of literature, but a fun read anyways! :D I read both books in one day too.

Ok, good, am glad I was not the only one who is a bit befuddled by Vonnegut. I don't think I shall pick up anything else of his any time soon, or ever.

6 Months ago I have been getting into the Dirk Pitt Novels by Clive Cussler. I read about 5 of them when I was at sea on my off time. I asked for some and my family got me the first 6 novels! I have about 100 pages left in Iceberg I then can get onto, Vixon 03, Pacific Vortex, Deeps Six, Cyclops and Treasure.

I was reading a lot last month, but now I'm doing so many other things that my reading is falling aside. Maybe that's because the book I'm reading is SO boring. It's picking up a bit now that I'm about 2/3 through it, but man did it take awhile.

For the record, it's Music of the Spheres, which is period fiction that takes place in the late 1700's. It's about a bunch of astronomers. There's murder and sex too though.

I finally hit the halfway point in Hotel New Hampshire yesterday. So far it's very bizarre and I feel really bad for the whole family, but especially Sorrow the dog. I can't imagine how the story will turn out. So far there's midgets, prostitutes, a dwarf, a deaf child, an old farting (and later taxidermied) dog, death, a bear, a fake bear, an old man named Freud, a rape, and much much more.

Running for your life: By Warrick Dunn: Simply my all time favorite player and after reading this book made me appreciate him as a human being even more.

Conqueror of Worms: By Brian Keene. Too anti-climatic for my tastes, but who knew the mountains of West Virginia could become beach front property?

Now I am on to the Ignored by Bentley Little. So far so good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How's it going, JC? I have never anything like that, so I'm curious to learn about it.

I am in the middle of Watchmen, and I must admit it's sucking me in. It took me a few chapters to get over the format, since I have never read a graphic novel before, but now that I'm into it, I'm really enjoying it.

I'm finally reading John Ajvide Lindqvist's Let The Right One In. This is one of the odd times where I saw the movie first... and while what they adapted for the movie they adapted quite faithfully, they left SO MUCH out. I'm only 1/4 of the way through the book, and they're already halfway through the movie's plotline.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.