Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

I'm reading:

New Destroyer #3: Dead Reckoning.

They rebooted the series. On one hand, the original author is back. On the other hand THEY REBOOTED THE FRIGGING SERIES! Well, techinally, they threw into trash heap the last ten or fifteen books and started from "after the holiday" aproach. They can do that.

About half way through and its terrorists, terrorists and terr.....no wait. There's a (formerly) mythical djinn creature also. Let's see where this goes.

I just finished reading The Undead Kama Sutra by Mario Acevedo. It is another Vamp book, kinda odd actually. It is a mystery, the main character is Felix Gomez who survived the war in Iraq and then turned vamp. The Vamp world use his skills as a P.I. There are aliens in this book, which is kind of odd to me, though why the hell not? Anyhoo, Felix's friend who was an alien gets killed and is charged by his friend to "Save the Earth Women". Apparently there are aliens, illegally buying human females to sell on other planets as pets, pampered ones at that. Humans don't know about the aliens, just like they don't know about Vamps.

I don't really recommend this book to anyone, unless you get curious. I picked it up for the title alone. There are nympho vamps in the book, also, the Vamps Felix associates with do rituals in Santeria, voodoo magic, where they let a specific spider bite them and it lets them walk among the living during daylight hours. Getting tan, looking normal. However, you have to get bitten once a month, otherwise, if you don't and forget, you'll get fried in the sun.

It was strange. Apparently Mr. Acevedo has another novel out that was acclaimed, but I don't know if I want to read. I'll have to look it up and read a snippet.

I'm 2/3 of the way through Cryptonomicon and it's getting really interesting.

I got A Little Princess from the library last night, and I'm pumped to read it again.

I will also be starting a book on CD during my 8-10 hours of bus rides this weekend. (Stupid car sickness!) It's a crime mystery/romance from the sounds of the writeup on the back. I don't remember the name of it.

I spent like an hour in the library last night just looking for books. It was super fun!

I'm in the middle of Blood Rites.

After that it's the Vampire Wars Trilogy, the rise, reign and fall of Von Carstein family.

Funny that. Vampire wars is my next also, once I'm done with the best of H.P Lovecraft. Keep me busy a month or so that one will.

If you're really into the Warhammer universe and the vampires in it, check out the Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts supplement. Whether you play the table top wargame or not (I don't) it's still an interesting read if you're into this sort of thing.

It's a game manual right ? I was thinking next from Warhammer world either the Witch Hunter trilogy or one of the Heretic books. There's of course the Malus the Darkblade series and a Sigmar book whose title I forget right now.

It is a game manual. Good info though, if you're into warhammer at all.

If you do go with the witch hunter trilogy, let me know how you get the books, 'cause they seem to be out of print where I am.

:cry:

I haven't had any time for fun reading lately. :( I am jumping all around between chapter in the Dave Ramsey book Financial Peace Revisited. Joe and I are taking a Dave Ramsey workshop and they're sending us home with homework - see above. :p Actually, so far it's been pretty interesting, if somewhat basic, information.

An omnibus with the three books is coming to stores 3rd of November. I'm getting mine via either British or German Amazon since they are closest to me postage-wise.

In that case, I'll just keep an eye out for it at my local bookstore.

There's a cool place not far from where I live that specializes in gaming and sci-fi books. If they don't get it, it won't be available here.

I started with The Vampire Genevieve books and I'm going to continue to the Vampire Wars because they (von Carsteins) got mentioned a lot of time as a reference point in the Genevieve stories. I'm going to pick up the Sigmar and Konrad books at sometime in the future because they were refered to also. So I'm kind of hopscotting in the Warhammer series but if the Wizards get refered in those future books I'm reading, sure I'll get the Masters of Magic too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.