Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

I'm reading Another Roadside Attraction by Tom Robbins for the second time. It's been almost ten years since the first reading so it's familiar, but I can't remember what happens next. It was his first book and I think it has more energy than those that followed. It seems like the 20-something version of Fierce Invalids. Good stuff.

I'm also ripping the audio version of Brave New World. I can listen to that in the car/at work and read the other in my rare spare moments at home.

I have a Tom Robbins book that I picked up in a library sale at home. I still haven't read it. It's about frogs and pajamas, if I recall correctly.

I, on the other hand, am reading Geek Love by Katherine Dunn. So far, so good. It's a... dense book and I feel like I need to make sure I give it the proper amount of brain attention.

Just finished Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon. 722 pages plus two deleted scenes from two of her books. 9 hours well spent. First part of the book deals with Ash's life as a human and the second as a god. It's been a damn long time since I've had an author push my emotional buttons. The first part was gutwrenching and made me pissed off at what Ash went through. The second part is present day where he finally meets a woman he could love. If you've read J.R. Ward's Lover Awakened, Zsadist's story, Ash's story leaves that in the dust. That was the last book that made me feel this way. Years of waiting for this one and it was well worth it.

I have a Tom Robbins book that I picked up in a library sale at home. I still haven't read it. It's about frogs and pajamas, if I recall correctly.

Actually, it has nothing to do with frogs or pajamas. Well, maybe something about frogs, but very little to do with pajamas. You picked the one that was hardest for me to get into, but I think you might have an easier time than I did. I hope you enjoy it if you get around to it.

My take is that it really starts with Asher coming into the storyline.

I concur. btw the book I am not reading is Blood Noir because no one will return their library books. and I refuse (can't afford) to buy it in hardback.

:'(

I think Blood Noir is one of the better books in the series. Im hoping LKH has a few more like that one up her sleeve.

~le sigh~ the big problem with that book. Edward being with a woman that is not me.

and don't try to defend it by reminding me that Edward is a character in a book.

He still broke my heart.

oh, no.

I understand. I had bitch feelings the entire time during the book. Especially considering, you know, the woman. She's not exactly what you'd picture Edward with, now is she?

I interpreted it to mean he was playing Ted one time when he was between hunts and needed to lay low, and he couldn't turn off Ted afterwards. Copper, if you're as far in your Ultimate Spideys, check volume vol 18 and Moon Knight's role in it. That's your Ed/Ted. ;)

I wanted to start Duma Key, but I went over to a friend's house he othr day and she gave me a stack of four books to read. She's demanding that I read Twilight first. :unimpressed: Oh, well, we'll see what happens.

I have friends like that.

She's demanding that I read Twilight first. :unimpressed: Oh, well, we'll see what happens.

It won't take you long. I read the first 60 or so pages while watching TV and having an animated conversation with my little brother.

It's that kind of quick read.

The child who never was - searching for Tegan Lane by Allison Langdon

it's non fiction and it's riveting, at this moment police are digging under a house in Sydney in a hunt for the body of 2 day old Tegan Lane, one of three children born to Keli Lane who, incredibly, hid all 3 pregnancies form her live in boyfriend & family, two of the kids were adopted out legally but Tegan has not been seen since 1996. She has literally vanished off the face of the earth.

Her mother has told lie after lie, has refused to tell police what happened to the baby and a coronial inquest has ruled that the child met with foul play.

Still no word from the cops if they found anything under the house. I am hanging to know if they've found anything,

Watch this space.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.