Book You're Reading Now

Iceheart

i always mean to post in this thread (forum) and forget too.

The last 4 months have provided the pages of:

The Dark Tower series

Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis

Spaceman Blues (which I hated)

I re-read Great Gatsby the other day while waiting t be called in Jury Duty

Right now I am on Winky, a story about a teddy bear mistaken for a terrorist leader.

Sebastian by Anne Bishop though am not really digging it, hate to say it. Sorry Copper!

Also am reading Cradle and All by that Patterson guy. I read the Tenth Circle a couple of days ago, it was a little intense, mostly believable and certainly nothing to get panties in a bind over as far as high school book lists go. Then again, IMOHO. *shrugs*

Ok, its official. I did not finish reading Sebastian! It was sooo depressing to me! I did not feel any connection to the characters and felt like the Eater of the World was actually sucking life from me, lol. I am taking Sebastian and Belladonna back to the library. How odd that I loved the Black Jewels trilogy and hated these (well, at least Sebastian).

And I very rarely ever don't finish a book and it makes me sad. Maybe one day I will give them a go again, but not in the near future. :(

Lets see... am reading Foreskin's lament : a memoir by Shalom Auslander and I have to say am enjoying it! Its written by a guy who was raised an Orthodox Jew but when he becomes a man, forsakes his religion. Its very amusing and gets one to thinking. Auslander's writting style is, well, unique to say the least. If your comfortable with your own religion/spirituality, I so recommend this book. :)

I caught part of "The Man in the Iron Mask" on TV the other day and realized how much I love anything involving the Three Musketeers. My second realization was that I have never actually read the original story. After a trip the the library, I'm 100 pages in and loving it.

Nice! The hubby loved the book. I need to read it yet, but it's on the shelf waiting for me to pick it up.

I just started "To Have and to Hold" by Jane Green. More chick lit. I'm about a third of the way into and feel like I know how's it's going to end. It just seems fairly predictable. :shrug: It's another one of those that a friend gave to me and said, "Here read this". I don't know, after this one, I'm going back to a classic or adventure novel.

At work, finally started Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down, about four people who just so happen to plan their suicides on the same night from atop the same building. Not very far into it yet.

At home, just began John Caldwell's Raising G-Rated Kids in an R-Rated World. I really have no immediate parenting concerns -- I just like his breezy yet matter-of-fact style. Plus I know him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am trying to finish Watership Down... keyword trying as its a bit dry and something is bothering me about the story that I can't put a finger on. Its compelling enough for me to actually finish it, but its not holding mine attention span that well to get through it quickly. I have read two other books I got the same day as Watership Down and since returned to the library, lol.

I did read the Steve Martin book... what a hoot!! Finding out how some of his catch phrases came about was great. His lead an interesting life and did not realize a lot of stuff about him, which I won't mention here in case no one or not enough others have read it yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.