Superman: Man of Steel

lovecraftian

No love for my Dean Cain's 20 Year Old TV Series was more Superman, modern version or not, than mega-million dollar Supermans?

As for the honest movie sins thing, just about every film can have that done to them. However MoS looked like it was intentionally trying to be honest trailer fodder because lots of it's faults seem like they should have been seen / corrected during the re-write process. Just a thought, but maybe a lot of these films are suffering from excessive (perhaps even spoiler control) re-writing during filming which could be causing even more stupidness than usual.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Why is it that the last 2 Thor movies are actually good and interesting, and the last 2 Superman movies are so lackluster?

I mean both characters are of power levels that are so high it is hard to write interesting stories for them, but Thor has been able to succeed where Supes can't?

So the first time I watched this, I saw the opening sequence on Krypton, then I fell asleep, and then I woke up for the very last part of the movie where Superman kills the main bad guy. Seeing this, I was like...Lame. I was disappointed for the film to be a reboot of the whole franchise, as opposed to picking up where Superman Returns left off. However, upon watching the entire film, I thought it was pretty awesome and so I changed by opinion

• 1 year later...

I dug the Costner casting (although the all time best Pa Kent was, of course, Eddie Jones in Lois & Clark : The New Adventures of Superman) but he only has a grand total of ONE GOOD LINE the whole film and everything else he says or does is ... not good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.