Superman: Man of Steel

lovecraftian

If they build from it like that article says-- I'd be willing to accept it. But I agree with Mark Waid, this story and this version of Superman didn't quite earn it.

That's one of the most boring, pointless recurring themes I've seen in all the online discussions: "Hey, guys! I found five or six other examples out of a 75-year, 10,000-issue publishing history where someone died because of Superman! That means you HAVE to worship Man of Steel like I do!" As if I liked all or even any of those stories the first time around. Pfffft.

The dismissive, equally mindless "Haters gonna hate" is running a distant second. Sigh.

To be clear I would never write Superman to do what he did in that scene. My first thought was, "Clark! Fly!" In other words take Zod up with him. But perhaps both we're utterly exhausted at the time. It appeared that Supes could barely keep Zod from moving.

I also second both Sixy and Phil. Sixy re: lame arguments/conformity. Phil re: bland score.

Afterthought: the difference in my opinion about Batman's Ras moment on the train and this Zod moment is that Batman's logic was stupid and Superman reacted in a last ditch, desperate attempt to save lifes in immediate danger. Superman wasn't espousing a logic/moral issue, Superman was acting as Global Police Officer and this crazed gunman just won't go down.

Sometimes cops have to bust a cap in yo ass.

Edit: So that's why I couldn't edit the above. I impulsively re-signed in (after a browser crash) with my Facebook credentials. lol

Oy. This film.

It is not hard to get me to like a film with Superman in it, y'know? Ninety percent of the filmmakers' job has been done for them before they even begin. So the fact that I liked this film speaks more to the ongoing storytelling cachet of the character and his associated mythos rather than any particular choices made by the filmmakers involved.

BUT COME ON ALREADY

- Two characters commit suicide. Three, if you count Lara. Maybe even four, depending on how you count Zod's "one of us must die" speech.

- Superson kills Zod after Zod comes out and says that's the only possible outcome. This is a film in which the villain's moral outlook is proven to be correct by the main character's actions, after all, from the beginning Zod is all about solving problems by killing people when he really feels it is justified and at the end the main character kills the bad guy because he really feels it is justified. The fact that Superson is quote unquote right to kill Zod is an irrelevancy, the United States would have been quote unquote right in nuking the bad guys when they show up no matter the collateral damage but such amoral pragmatism is explicitly not a part of the Superman universe of fulfillable choices. The filmmakers have decided to spend hundreds of millions of dollars telling my absolute least favourite Superman story --- the story that explains why Superman must never do something by showing him doing it (e.g. Kingdom Come is all about why Superman must never abandon humanity by telling the story of how Superman abandons humanity and then later changes his mind; the John Byrne Phantom Zone criminals comic series that was used as the longstanding pre-Flashpoint touchstone for why Superman should never kill) in what basically amounts to an attempt to show moral laws honoured by their breach.

- Superman can be Jesus and Superman can be a thieving, truck-destroying, killer but he can not be both Jesus and a thieving truck-destroying killer. Jesus doesn't kill people and he doesn't steal clothes and he doesn't destroy his bullies' livelihood and I would say neither does Superman but this movie disagreed with me on this oh well

- I SURE ENJOYED THE EXCITING ADVENTURES OF A MAGIC PAPERWEIGHT'S GHOST FIGURING EVERYTHING OUT FOR OUR MAIN CHARACTERS AND SOLVING ALL THEIR PROBLEMS AND TELLING THEM WHAT TO DO WITH THEIR LIVES DIDN'T YOUUUUUUU

- "Hey, Lois, I have two tickets to the game this week. What, you won't go with me? Jenny, will you go with me to the sports game taking place in a half-destroyed city no doubt in near-total disarray after the apocalyptic events and the wholesale destruction of life & property we've just witnessed LOL JENNY GO ON A DATE WITH ME YOU WERE ONLY NEARLY KILLED AND TRAUMATICALLY BURIED UNDER RUBBLE BY EVIL ALIENS come on Jenny this sports game is totally something that would happen and people would go to I'm sure they'd have no difficulty getting to the stadium what with all the roads being gone and the power being out and all the funerals being done with."

- I call him Superson because this movie is all about whether he is the son of Jonathan Kent and General Zod (and what does it say to the audience when Kent and Zod have essentially the same outlook and ideas about what a character like Superman should be) or the son of St. Jor-El and Jor-El's babyholepushoutterlady. Jor-El sees the stagnant social order of Krypton as something that must be rejected and individual destiny placed above it in prominence whereas Zod and Kent see the existing social order of their respective planets as something that must be salvaged or coddled even at great cost of life. Zod will kill to save the Kryptonian way of life and Kent would rather Clark NOT SAVE PEOPLE FROM DEATH rather than risk bruising the fragile feelings of us puny earthlings. This is a belief that he, much like Zod, is willing to die for. Superson is so traumatized by his adopted father's blatantly incorrect viewpoint that he spends his twenties and early thirties as a nomadic wanderer incapable of becoming what he should be without permission from his biological father. Of course, whatever opinion Superman's mom Martha might have is irrelevant because this is a movie where Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner duel by proxy with a handsome British dude as their pawn rather than one where the opinions of mothers to their sons is in any way more than tangentially important. About the only thing Lara does is push Kal out of her vagina and then decide to save his life by pushing a button and the only thing Martha is good for is tipping off aliens where the ship is and oh giving a little speech about how her voice is an island in the ocean.

- That being said the "Can't I just keep pretending I'm your son?" "You are my son" moment choked me up but then again the trailer prepped me for that but seriously this movie ruins the father/son relationship between Clark and the Kents in a big way

- It's a good thing Superman took a look at at a two-pronged process of world-destroying and decided to focus on the part of it taking place in the middle of the Indian Ocean where no lives are in immediate danger and ignore the part of it taking place in a major city where literally millions of people are just there to be saved! That's a good storytelling choice, movie makers, I love watching Superman fight tentacles made of little magnets rather than heroically rescuing the people of Metropolis from Phantom Zone villains you go ahead and delay that part of the film for more scenes of plasticine CGI magnet-tentacle-wrestling. Oh, and have Superman defeat the worldengine by just ... deciding to?

- The presence of actors from Battlestar Galactica makes sense when you consider how much the visual camera aesthetic of having us see the flying as if it were filmed what with the camera shaking and having trouble zooming in on the action owed to that show's choice to use that to ground the implausible stuff for the audience.

- Wasn't it great how Toby from West Wing figured out to to turn the rocket's chassis clockwise rather than, say, Lois Lane who could not see that on her own and had to ask for help oh boy I sure enjoyed that bit where he saved the day instead of her that was soooooo great why would I want to see Lois Lane save the world

- I hope you like spaceships from Krypton because this movie had a spaceship from Krypton and then another spaceship from Krypton and then a third spaceship from Krypton and then the second spaceship from Krypton split into two ships from Krypton and then they stopped half of that second spaceship from Krypton by taking the first spaceship from Krypton and flying it into the half of the second spaceship from Krypton. I'm not even sure if we ended up with Superman having a Scoutship of Solitude in the arctic by the end of the film or what I lost track of which ships went where when.

- I'm sorry, filmmakers, but you can choose between a scene where Clark is bullied by a jock in a bar or a scene where he is bullied by a jock in Smallville you don't really need both I get the point of what is happening and how he is the way he is with one you don't really need two

- In the pre-Flashpoint comics Pete Ross grew up to become PRESIDENT OF THESE UNITED STATES and was Clark's best friend but sure forget about that make him the manager of a product placement gag actually I kinda like how Pete Ross in the movie eventually knew Clark's secret and just wouldn't talk about it the same way as in the comics but come on I never thought I'd hear the word "dicksplash" come out of the mouth of an honorary member of the Legion of Superheroes

- Instead of just going with the longstanding seemingly absurd device of having people not recognize Superman because of glasses they've chosen a different absurd device of having everyone kind of know Clark is Superman but just trusting him to do his thing because why not, actually, I kind of like that as the status quo for the powers that be and that's always been the case for Lois just they have decided to have her keep his secret rather than try and prove what she knows to the world

- so does Superman just have a magic geno/phenotypic kryptoneome embedded in his cells now is that going to come up in future movies that he has magic skull dust in his blood or what

- surprised at the restraint showed by the absences of kryptonite & Lex something to be saved for future movies I guess

- surprised they actually ended up calling it the Phantom Zone when Zod returns since the Council called it "somatic confinement" or something like that

- oh boy when they did that thing where Kryptonian technology allowed Zod to talk to Clark and Lois in a dreamworld I was super excited because I knew that'd be the key to Zod's defeat and that the secret plan with the phantom zone drives would somehow involve this and the wholescale catastrophe of the film's ending would be a dream showing that if Zod continued on this path both Earth and what was left of Krypton would be gone and Superman would defeat the bad guy by showing he is wrong not by showing he is right oh well missed opportunity

- why does Carol agree to spend the next five years with the people who aided and abbetted in the gruesome death of her father oh wait wrong mostly dissapointing origin story

I saw it yesterday. I liked it a lot, but wasn't in love with it either. Supes killing Zod wasn't that emotional for me but Supes acted like it was the worst thing ever. Reeves smiled his ass off when he threw Zod into the depths of the endless abyss. Plus snapping Zod's neck was kinda boring.

I just couldn't get emotionally invested into anyone of the characters. Am I alone in this?

- That being said the "Can't I just keep pretending I'm your son?" "You are my son" moment choked me up but then again the trailer prepped me for that but seriously this movie ruins the father/son relationship between Clark and the Kents in a big way

This isn't a real spoiler, as it was in the trailer.

I...WANTED...to get choked up during this scene, but 1) It was in the trailer and it stuck out 2) We didn't get to see much character/relationship develop between Clark and Mr. Kent. That's the problem with the "storytelling via flashback" system. To me, it just wasn't there.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Apparently some guy who lives in his mom's basement came up with this interesting tidbit: if the battle damage in MOS happened in real life, this is what it would have cost...

http://nerdbastards....he-destruction/

With New York as a stand in physical damage to the city clocked in at $700 billion. The cost in human life is much more shocking. A staggering 129,000 Metropolites would have lost their lives with another 250,000 missing and presumed dead and 1 million injured. Final bill, $2 trillion Dollars.

Apparently some guy who lives in his mom's basement came up with this interesting tidbit: if the battle damage in MOS happened in real life, this is what it would have cost...

http://nerdbastards....he-destruction/

With New York as a stand in physical damage to the city clocked in at $700 billion. The cost in human life is much more shocking. A staggering 129,000 Metropolites would have lost their lives with another 250,000 missing and presumed dead and 1 million injured. Final bill, $2 trillion Dollars.

Which will give Lex Luthor plenty of ammunition against Superman in the next film. Might also be a good excuse for Bruce Wayne to lend a hand in the efforts to rebuild the city.

I'm glad he enjoyed the movie.

LMFAO I noticed that.

It was a movie with Superman in it. I'm probably going to like this new LEGO movie because, guess what, it has Batman in it. I like movies and I like Superman and Batman, y'know?

But if I were going to make a list of the things I enjoyed in this film it would be just as long and you would see that I

WAIT A MINUTE

- The design of Krypton was a pleasing melange of established material and new choices - the sterile coldness of John Byrne and Mike Mignola's World of Krypton mixed with a foreboding and dark aesthetic of a world in peril. Of all the movie and TV and animated series Kryptons this is my favourite and I hope it remains the standard for cinematic portrayals (it strikes me as a tad too colorless for comics) in the future.

- JOR-EL ON A DRAGON. But the dragon should have been called "Krypto". And he shouldn't have demonstrated such martial prowess; when did this learned member of the Science Council have time to practice his Torquasm Vo?

- While Superman's Dad looks nothing like Superman his Mom looked a bit like Henry Cavill.

- General Zod. An extraordinary performance by Shannon, one that is terrifying and even strangely sympathetic at times. This is someone who sees the exact same future coming as Jor-El and decides to seize power and save what's left of his planet rather than trying to make a fresh start. You know that bit where he says he regrets killing Jor-El every day yet would absolutely do it again if he had to? Yeah, I liked that bit. BEST GENOCIDAL MONSTER EVERRR!

- I've always thought the dramatic unity of ROCKET LAUNCH immediately followed by WORLD DESTROYED to be the default option for Kal-El's nativity but the film's choice to stagger the various stages (and, crucially, include a murder that is NOT a motivation for Superman to harm Zod but rather simply an easy way of cluing in the audience that Zod is evil) turned out to be refreshingly good. I was worried for a moment that, much like JJ Abram's aborted screenplay version from the early aughts, Krypton would not actually be destroyed but fortunately the filmmakers didn't go down that awful road.

- I liked seeing Clark Kent save people from death and being a lonely man of doubt walking the earth in search of his purpose but seriously having him just overhear there is something strange going on nearby was a lame way to get him from Point A to Point B.

- Amy Adams as Lois Lane. I was skeptical about Superman's girlfriend having red hair but she turned out to be great at the part nonetheless. They even chose to dispense with the longstanding ridiculous mini-trope of Lois being a bad speller that was in the Reeve Superman movie and haunts the comics to this day. She also gets the best line in the movie (for inquiring minds, the worst line in the movie is Superman saying "I think that's only with humans") at the end scene.

- Oh man it's Felix Gaeta as the science guy and whathisname from Dollhouse as the General and Toby from West Wing as Dr. Emil Hamilton (who dies unnoticed and unmourned in that plane/ship crash) and Christopher Meloni as the other military guy and even Steve Lombard looked familiar

- The surprising power of Canadian appellate courts!

- Morpheus as Perry White is okay but Perry White wearing an earring is almost blasphemy.

- Superman learning to fly was great y'all

- Superman willingly surrendering himself to humanity was also pretty great too

- I can't say it enough but Superman punching bad guys was the best part of this film for me especially when he punches Zod into outer space that was awesome

- Superman being pulled underground beneath a layer of skulls was pretty heavy metal and foil cover from the 90s y'all

- Superman saved Lois Lane a lot, I mean, I would have liked to see him save other people too but Superman rescuing Lois Lane from certain death is basically what Superman is all about

- that bit where the sign says "106 days since last workplace accident" and then the 1 and the 6 falls off I see what you did there CGI people that was clever I too enjoy math puns

- Lexcorp product placement alongside IHOP, Sony, Wintergreen Lifesavers, etcetera product placement

- If we can't get a lot of Superman saving people in Metropolis at least we got to see the people of Metropolis saving each other with Perry and Steve rescuing Jenny (who I assume is merely Jimmy Olsen on the way back from his fan club) from the rubble.

- I liked the way heat vision was done with the way the redness spread into the veins surrounding the eyeballs and stuff

- Faora was awesome I mean that line about "Evolution always wins" was lame (I don't remember the sentence leading up to it but that struck me at the time as being double lame too) but whatever

- "I think he's hot, sir" I THINK YOU'RE PRETTY HOT SOLDIER GIRL

- oh, final addendum, I agree with Driver that the Phantom Zone pods looked like giant black space dong dildos

Oy. This film.

It is not hard to get me to like a film with Superman in it, y'know? Ninety percent of the filmmakers' job has been done for them before they even begin. So the fact that I liked this film speaks more to the ongoing storytelling cachet of the character and his associated mythos rather than any particular choices made by the filmmakers involved.

BUT COME ON ALREADY

- Two characters commit suicide. Three, if you count Lara. Maybe even four, depending on how you count Zod's "one of us must die" speech.

- Superson kills Zod after Zod comes out and says that's the only possible outcome. This is a film in which the villain's moral outlook is proven to be correct by the main character's actions, after all, from the beginning Zod is all about solving problems by killing people when he really feels it is justified and at the end the main character kills the bad guy because he really feels it is justified. The fact that Superson is quote unquote right to kill Zod is an irrelevancy, the United States would have been quote unquote right in nuking the bad guys when they show up no matter the collateral damage but such amoral pragmatism is explicitly not a part of the Superman universe of fulfillable choices. The filmmakers have decided to spend hundreds of millions of dollars telling my absolute least favourite Superman story --- the story that explains why Superman must never do something by showing him doing it (e.g. Kingdom Come is all about why Superman must never abandon humanity by telling the story of how Superman abandons humanity and then later changes his mind; the John Byrne Phantom Zone criminals comic series that was used as the longstanding pre-Flashpoint touchstone for why Superman should never kill) in what basically amounts to an attempt to show moral laws honoured by their breach.

- Superman can be Jesus and Superman can be a thieving, truck-destroying, killer but he can not be both Jesus and a thieving truck-destroying killer. Jesus doesn't kill people and he doesn't steal clothes and he doesn't destroy his bullies' livelihood and I would say neither does Superman but this movie disagreed with me on this oh well

- I SURE ENJOYED THE EXCITING ADVENTURES OF A MAGIC PAPERWEIGHT'S GHOST FIGURING EVERYTHING OUT FOR OUR MAIN CHARACTERS AND SOLVING ALL THEIR PROBLEMS AND TELLING THEM WHAT TO DO WITH THEIR LIVES DIDN'T YOUUUUUUU

- "Hey, Lois, I have two tickets to the game this week. What, you won't go with me? Jenny, will you go with me to the sports game taking place in a half-destroyed city no doubt in near-total disarray after the apocalyptic events and the wholesale destruction of life & property we've just witnessed LOL JENNY GO ON A DATE WITH ME YOU WERE ONLY NEARLY KILLED AND TRAUMATICALLY BURIED UNDER RUBBLE BY EVIL ALIENS come on Jenny this sports game is totally something that would happen and people would go to I'm sure they'd have no difficulty getting to the stadium what with all the roads being gone and the power being out and all the funerals being done with."

- I call him Superson because this movie is all about whether he is the son of Jonathan Kent and General Zod (and what does it say to the audience when Kent and Zod have essentially the same outlook and ideas about what a character like Superman should be) or the son of St. Jor-El and Jor-El's babyholepushoutterlady. Jor-El sees the stagnant social order of Krypton as something that must be rejected and individual destiny placed above it in prominence whereas Zod and Kent see the existing social order of their respective planets as something that must be salvaged or coddled even at great cost of life. Zod will kill to save the Kryptonian way of life and Kent would rather Clark NOT SAVE PEOPLE FROM DEATH rather than risk bruising the fragile feelings of us puny earthlings. This is a belief that he, much like Zod, is willing to die for. Superson is so traumatized by his adopted father's blatantly incorrect viewpoint that he spends his twenties and early thirties as a nomadic wanderer incapable of becoming what he should be without permission from his biological father. Of course, whatever opinion Superman's mom Martha might have is irrelevant because this is a movie where Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner duel by proxy with a handsome British dude as their pawn rather than one where the opinions of mothers to their sons is in any way more than tangentially important. About the only thing Lara does is push Kal out of her vagina and then decide to save his life by pushing a button and the only thing Martha is good for is tipping off aliens where the ship is and oh giving a little speech about how her voice is an island in the ocean.

- It's a good thing Superman took a look at at a two-pronged process of world-destroying and decided to focus on the part of it taking place in the middle of the Indian Ocean where no lives are in immediate danger and ignore the part of it taking place in a major city where literally millions of people are just there to be saved! That's a good storytelling choice, movie makers, I love watching Superman fight tentacles made of little magnets rather than heroically rescuing the people of Metropolis from Phantom Zone villains you go ahead and delay that part of the film for more scenes of plasticine CGI magnet-tentacle-wrestling. Oh, and have Superman defeat the worldengine by just ... deciding to?

- The presence of actors from Battlestar Galactica makes sense when you consider how much the visual camera aesthetic of having us see the flying as if it were filmed what with the camera shaking and having trouble zooming in on the action owed to that show's choice to use that to ground the implausible stuff for the audience.

- Wasn't it great how Toby from West Wing figured out to to turn the rocket's chassis clockwise rather than, say, Lois Lane who could not see that on her own and had to ask for help oh boy I sure enjoyed that bit where he saved the day instead of her that was soooooo great why would I want to see Lois Lane save the world

- I hope you like spaceships from Krypton because this movie had a spaceship from Krypton and then another spaceship from Krypton and then a third spaceship from Krypton and then the second spaceship from Krypton split into two ships from Krypton and then they stopped half of that second spaceship from Krypton by taking the first spaceship from Krypton and flying it into the half of the second spaceship from Krypton. I'm not even sure if we ended up with Superman having a Scoutship of Solitude in the arctic by the end of the film or what I lost track of which ships went where when.

- I'm sorry, filmmakers, but you can choose between a scene where Clark is bullied by a jock in a bar or a scene where he is bullied by a jock in Smallville you don't really need both I get the point of what is happening and how he is the way he is with one you don't really need two

- In the pre-Flashpoint comics Pete Ross grew up to become PRESIDENT OF THESE UNITED STATES and was Clark's best friend but sure forget about that make him the manager of a product placement gag actually I kinda like how Pete Ross in the movie eventually knew Clark's secret and just wouldn't talk about it the same way as in the comics but come on I never thought I'd hear the word "dicksplash" come out of the mouth of an honorary member of the Legion of Superheroes

- Instead of just going with the longstanding seemingly absurd device of having people not recognize Superman because of glasses they've chosen a different absurd device of having everyone kind of know Clark is Superman but just trusting him to do his thing because why not, actually, I kind of like that as the status quo for the powers that be and that's always been the case for Lois just they have decided to have her keep his secret rather than try and prove what she knows to the world

- so does Superman just have a magic geno/phenotypic kryptoneome embedded in his cells now is that going to come up in future movies that he has magic skull dust in his blood or what

- surprised at the restraint showed by the absences of kryptonite & Lex something to be saved for future movies I guess

- surprised they actually ended up calling it the Phantom Zone when Zod returns since the Council called it "somatic confinement" or something like that

- oh boy when they did that thing where Kryptonian technology allowed Zod to talk to Clark and Lois in a dreamworld I was super excited because I knew that'd be the key to Zod's defeat and that the secret plan with the phantom zone drives would somehow involve this and the wholescale catastrophe of the film's ending would be a dream showing that if Zod continued on this path both Earth and what was left of Krypton would be gone and Superman would defeat the bad guy by showing he is wrong not by showing he is right oh well missed opportunity

- why does Carol agree to spend the next five years with the people who aided and abbetted in the gruesome death of her father oh wait wrong mostly dissapointing origin story

well said.

Internet consensus seems to be roughly grouped around three distinct zones

a) some pre-Superman fictional counterpart like Captain Marvel or an invented one like the Batman : The Animated Series went with the Gray Ghost for Batman

b) shut up stupid it's a movie it doesn't have to make sense everyone used to wrap their bath towels around their necks and run around the halls didn't you come on

c) he was pretending to be a Spartan (the name of the town sports team is the Smallville Spartans) and the movie that 300 was semi-inspired by came out well before his ship arrived on Earth so it could be

P.S. I think I recognized Michael Kelly from Generation Kill.

Yeah. The main theme from most of the trailers/TV spots was RIGHT THERE from the first moments. It was later incorporated all over the place during key moments. You know when Batman's coming in Nolan's films because he has his theme. In this film continuity of Superman, you'll always know when he's coming if his theme is cued. I think they nailed that.

I thought the score was bland because I can't remember it. If I can't remember a piece of music that is saying a bunch because I have two ears. Maybe the music just seemed bland because the film managed to out angst ten years of Smallville in just two hours... that combined with the punching noises I'm surprised I could hear the dialogue. Maybe my Ma was Martha Kent.

Finally came out in New Zealand on 26th , not sure why we got this so Behind teh rest of the world but thems the breaks when you are at the arse end of nowhere.

Have to disagree with most: I enjoyed the score and superman's new theme.

Superman' powers: the struggle from leaps and bounds to flight, the fact that he honed his skills for 30 years.

The moral ambiguity of superman: this film is basically superman begins. Kal has had guidance from a scared human fallable man for most of his life, Kal has lived in fear, Kal has only just been introduced to Jor-el

Dislikes:

You'll never hear this from me usually but there was zero romance - why did Lois even kiss him?

Superman's secret identity: did Lois ask those cops in Smallville to drop them off at Clark Kent's house or Superman's? Chief editor and pulitzer prize winner sitting on the identity of superman - yeah right!

Why the hell were they all flying around in ships once they got to earth? They could all fly FFS

As a whole, I really liked this movie. Lots of great action, character development, balls to the wall action, and some great acting. Especially from Russell Crowe, who was surprising in how good he was and how much action he saw. I also really, really love the concept of Clark being a total alien in both aspects. The idea of him being a nomad prior to really finding his path is really suited for the character, and it's time that someone finally right got the concept of him and his people being complete extraterrestrials.

But there are just a ton of little things that annoy me about it. The biggest of which is the amount of collateral damage that Superman is responsible for. Pa Kent worries half of the movie away by being concerned that the world wouldn't accept Clark. With good reason, because Clark destroys everything he touches. Because he can't take his fight with a bully outside, both his hometown and his new city get utterly demolished. And instead of using his powers to rebuild both towns, he instead takes a cushy job at a classy newspaper?

Also, shouldn't everyone know who Clark is? Louis published an article through a blogger about how she met him and found out who he was, and yet no one but her bats an eye when he shows up for a job at the Daily Planet. (And that's despite the fact that he isn't fooling anyone with just a tie and hipster glasses.) And also, did Clark totally lie on his resume to get that job? It's not like a Pulitzer winning paper is going to just hire someone who had been a shiphand, bartender and drifter to that point.

I'm willing to forgive those things because it would have just taken a very short scene or two to fix those issues, but it really makes for a big distraction in what otherwise was an awesome movie. I just hope they can fix those kinds of issues in the inevitable sequel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.