Superman: Man of Steel

lovecraftian

He does have on the cape in some of the leaked pics. He's wearing it in the ones where he is facing off against Faora.

I think Tank's right too, I don't believe it's coincidence that the new film has this look and the new suit in the comics is similarly designed. Pretty sure this blows away all conspiracy theories about DC just pulling this reboot out of their ass three months ago.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

Definitely going to see it, but am I the only one who thinks Russell Crowe was a miscast? I like the guy, just don't know if I like him as Jor-El. I don't know who exactly they could have used instead, but I am surprised Daniel-Day Lewis or Jeff Bridges weren't offered the role.

Jeff Bridges?

"You're like, a God to them, man."

As for Jacob's question--

Reynolds needs to just go be Deadpool. They could leave that movie as a one-off, but do what GI Joe did. Just say it's a sequel but really just do it's own thing. Keep Mark Strong as Sinestro and roll with the mythos from the first one, but just give us Idris Elba as John Stewart and go for the Manof Steel tone.

As for Bats... this looks like it would tonally match up, Bale and Nolan both keep flip-flopping on their poisition... Bale more than Nolan. I think with enough cash offered up, Bale would do it. I'd be happy if Joseph Gordon Leavitt just came back as Batman, but I doubt they'd establish their prime cinematic Batman as somebody other than Wayne.

If they could get Bale it would work I think, but if they recast they should reboot Bats at the same time.

Guest El Chalupacabra
Jeff Bridges?

"You're like, a God to them, man."

He is capable of acting, and I don't think it is that much of a stretch. He couldn't be any more a miscast than the Gladiator guy. Bridges is capable of far more than just the Dude schtick, you know. He did a good job as Obadiah Stane in Iron Man. He also sort of played a similar role to superman in Starman. He was also good as the President in The Contender.

Keep Mark Strong as Sinestro and roll with the mythos from the first one, but just give us Idris Elba as John Stewart and go for the Manof Steel tone.

I could go for a John Stewart GL, and Elba would do well (I like his Heimdall). IMHO, Reynolds was terrible as Hal Jordan. he would have been perfect for Kyle Rayner, though. But if they didn't want to reboot and just have another actor play Hal Jordan, I would say Nathan Fillion or Chris pine might make a good Hal Jordan.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.