Superman: Man of Steel

lovecraftian

I'll guess he's been punched thru a wall... probably by Zod. He's worked out a lot it seems in comparison to how pictures showed him around the time of his casting. He might not be wearing shorts. Us geeks could be getting DC's NuSuperman look, sans the armor. He looks to be a customer of Spider-Man's tailor though, due to the texture of the fabric. In this picture he almost looks like an old Tom Welling, appearing to have similar bone structure (at least from this angle). I can dig the entire look. Love the V topped boots. BTW... His hair is wrong. No curl.

I can take or leave the curl. He doesn't always have it in the comics and George Reeves didn't have it. Anyway, this Superman looks like he can kick some ass. He means business. That's what's important. I also get an old school Golden Age vibe, but that could just be wishful thinking on my part.

The blue is indeed a little dark, but I don't think we can judge it based on this pic. Because of the lighting and it kinda looks desaturated a little bit as well. The red looks fine though.

yeah, I worry that Snyder will over-do this and it won't look REMOTELY real. It worked for 300 and Watchmen-- but not for Superman...

Well...Snyder said Man of Steel would be his most realistic movie yet. He said it would be like a documentary compared to some of his recent films. He was obviously talking about the look of the film and it's world and not Superman himself.

I don't mind the colors. They are richer than the diluted look of Routh's suit. I've been told Routh's suit IRL was pretty bright but Singer used some sort of filter when filming. Whatever the case Routh's suit on camera and in all the merchandise had a light blue and essentially PURPLE color scheme. It was total bleh. Cavill's suit is a shade reminiscent of denim, maybe because of the shadows, but the red looks good. I like it. I joked about the hair and I did notice it right away, but that's mostly because in all non-Tudors images I'd seen of Cavill prior to this he actually had a Superman curl like hair style. The hair in the pic is a little puffy, but eh... no real issues.

Whatever is happening in that pic, though, Superman doesn't look happy about it. He looks like he's going to unleash an ass whopping and it's about time he does!

I dig the S. One its big, and not sissy-small, and the way the more rounded borders and steep slope to the start of the S gives a golden age feel to it. Got no problem with the colors, especially since its a darker picture all around, the saturation might not be what's actually seen on film.

Only weird thing is I can't see Cavill's eyebrows. I know he has 'em, don't know why they're not showing up in the pic, lol. Glad they opted to show a promo pic really early though, this way initial reaction will be on a proper pic, not on some iphone-snapped grainy pic of him coming out of a portable toilet or something on set.

I just hope this movie doesn't get carried away with CG sets and backgrounds. I know it's Snyders MO but there is something about seeing Superman in a realistic environment that adds to his appeal. If I can belive he really is flying in the air it helps the suspension of disbelief and not in a comic book like cg rendered universe... you know?

Oh and I hope he rips off a large celophane S off his chest at somepoint in the movie! just jking lol!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.