Superman: Man of Steel

lovecraftian

Hate Russell Crowe and any film featuring Russell Crowe so I find myself in the awkward position of being a massive Superman fan and already hating this film before it's released. :(

LA Confidential

The Insider

Gladiator

A Beautiful Mind

Master & Commander

I could go on but really? Say what you want about A Beautiful Mind (I think he deserved the Oscar over Denzel that year but the film didn't deserve Picture) but The Insider is one of the best films in my book, his acting in that film is one of the greatest ever, and Master & Commander.. yeah... love that film..

WTF?

I was joking about the hating it before I see it part I just hate Crowe and have never enjoyed a film he has been in so now avoid any of his films.

I have more reason to avoid this purely for the fact I haven't fully enjoyed a Superman film yet and even though I like the first movie I can nitpick alot of things I don't like in it.

Hate Russell Crowe and any film featuring Russell Crowe so I find myself in the awkward position of being a massive Superman fan and already hating this film before it's released. :(

Well, I don't particularly like Maggie Gyllenhaal, but she didn't ruin The Dark Knight for me. Oddly, she didn't ruin Donnie Darko for me, either, and neither did her brother, who I've also come to dislike. Maybe I don't dislike them as much as I thought I did.

You know what? I'll just shut up now.

Actually, I was really kinda happy she died -- Maggie Gyllenhaal effectively made it easy to see her character go. A completely unsympathetic character.

It would have had more POW if it had been Holmes, but meh....whatever.

I actually preferred Katie Holmes over Maggie Gyllenhaal. Her Rachel seemed tougher and nobler than Gyllenhaal's. If Holmes had played the part again in The Dark Knight, it would've hit me much harder when she died.

That being said, I hope Amy Adams doesn't pull a Katie Holmes and bail on the Man of Steel sequel.

Julia Ormand is rumored to have been offered the role of Lara, while I've read rumors that Christopher Meloni is up for a major but unspecified role.

For the latter, if true, I can't see that being anyone but Lex.

That was my first thought, too. Or maybe Perry White.

• 1 month later...

Laurence Fishburne Joins Man of Steel in the role of...Perry White.

Laurence Fishburne has joined the cast of Zack Snyder's Man of Steel in the role of Perry White, EW reports.

The Editor-in-Chief of Clark Kent's newspaper outlet, "The Daily Planet", White made his first appearance in "Superman" #7 in 1940 and was famous for his steadfast journalistic integrity and his catchphrase, "Great Caesar's Ghost!"(which was originated on the 1950's radio show by actor John Hamilton).

Jackie Cooper played the role in the original Richard Donner Superman films with Frank Langella performing as the character in 2006's Superman Returns. Michael McKean guest-starred as White on the television adaptation, "Smallville".

Fishburne, famous to genre fans for his role as Morpheus in The Matrix, will join Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Russell Crowe, Julia Ormond, Christopher Meloni and Harry Lennix for the film, currently in production.

Man of Steel is set for release on June 14, 2013.

SHH.com

Thoughts? BTW...The release date was changed a while ago. It went from December 2012, to June 2013.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.