Superman: Man of Steel

lovecraftian

Unless they have a character named Nic Cage who is based entirely on the actor, he should be kept as far from this movie as possible. That man is quite possibly the most one-note actor of all time.

What if they got Jon Hamm to play Jor-El? It'd be a nice nod to the fans who pushed for him to be Supes. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it happened, since he'll be in Snyder's Sucker Punch.

Ironically-- I always thought Kitster SHOULD have been Boba Fett....

BUT ALL YOUR OTHER IDEAS ARE STUPID ;)

What if they got Jon Hamm to play Jor-El? It'd be a nice nod to the fans who pushed for him to be Supes. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it happened, since he'll be in Snyder's Sucker Punch.

:lol: :lol:

Hey man, I have a reputation to uphold.

What about instead of Viggo as Zod... he could be Orion! You know the New God. Viggo could do that great. He's rugged, warriorish. Fair haired. Yeah. Then he could be the "villain" in that he's yet to convert to good New Godness and instead is a pawn of his daddy. Start the series off with a new fresh bang of super powered fightness courtesy of Darkseid.

P.S. I know in the comics Orion is raised from a wee little one to be good. But maybe in this adaption he converts to good after years on Apokolips. So what? It could work. Sounds fine to me, anyway.

I won't dispute Viggo's ability. But I think I'd want someone big and imposing, not just chops wise. Perhaps M.Clarke Duncan or if they were younger Keith David or Andre Braugher. My top pick would be M.Clarke Duncan.

Afterthought: I just remember Braugher voices Darkseid in the Batman/Superman Apokolips animated film. LOL so that's probably why I thought of him. I was wondering why he popped in there.

Viggo as Zod would actually be brilliant. The key for differentiating his portrayal from Superman II would be to make him a multi-faceted character and not entirely Terrence Stamp's dictator-like persona. Someone who believes what he's doing is right for the preservation of his people and culture... what little there is left. A soldier who employs extreme methods.

Diane Lane is Martha Kent! (via /Film)

http://www.slashfilm.com/diane-lane-cast-martha-kent-superman/

Not too long ago, we heard that Kevin Costner was in talks to play Jonathan “Pa” Kent in Zack Snyder’s Superman film. Today, we learn that Diane Lane has been cast as the other half of the parental dyad; she is officially on board the film as Martha “Ma” Kent.

Lane is an actress of considerable talents. Most people probably remember her from her recent performance in Secretariat, but in 2008, she played Mary Rice in Doug Liman’s Jumper, another role in which she was the mother to a child who had super powers. That role was woefully underwritten and Lane was completely squandered. Here’s hoping that Snyder has something deeper in store for Ma Kent this time around.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that Oscar®-nominated actress Diane Lane will play Martha Kent, the only mother Clark Kent has ever known, in the new Superman movie to be directed by Zack Snyder. Snyder stated, “This was a very important piece of casting for me because Martha Kent is the woman whose values helped shape the man we know as Superman. We are thrilled to have Diane in the role because she can convey the wisdom and the wonder of a woman whose son has powers beyond her imagination.” Lane will star with Henry Cavill, who was recently announced as the new Clark Kent/Superman.

Lane earned an Academy Award® nomination for her performance in the 2002 drama “Unfaithful.” She most recently starred in the family hit “Secretariat.” She next stars in the HBO feature “Cinema Verite,” opposite Tim Robbins and James Gandolfini. Lane’s long list of film credits also includes “Nights in Rodanthe,” “Hollywoodland,” “Must Love Dogs,” “Under the Tuscan Sun,” “Perfect Storm,” “My Dog Skip,” “Chaplin,” “The Cotton Club” and “A Little Romance,” to name only a portion.

Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder are the producers of the film. The screenplay is being written by David S. Goyer based on a story by Goyer and Nolan. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers. Slated for release in December 2012, the new Superman movie will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.