Superman: Man of Steel

lovecraftian

Now who should play the other essentials? Lex, Lois, Jimmy, Perry White, etc.

Apparently, these actresses are rumored for Lois Lane: Kristen Stewart, Jessica Biel, Malin Ackerman, Rachel McAdams, Dianna Agron, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Kristen Bell.

Of those, I'd go for Rachel McAdams. My personal pick is Rashida Jones, or Mila Kunis.

If they want to go with a slightly cougar relationship... then the best Lois would be Robin Tunney. On the Mentalist she's a cop version of Lois, sans falling into traps. Plus in a homage sort of way she's similar to Margot Kidder.

Rachel Weisz could do it. I like that.

Others on my list:

Zoe Saldana

Kate Winslet

Selma Blair

My top pick is Linda Cardellini.

I don't like Rachel McAdams for Lois. To each their own however.

As for Margot Kidder Reincarnate I have to strenuously argue that Rashida is not that.

Robin Tunney however looks much closer. The pic down here doesn't even do it entire justice. Tunney could play Kidder in a bio pic. As for Lois, Tunney is older than Cavill's Superman. But that doesn't really matter. I think it just lends a little subtext if it needs to be an issue at all. Tunney can play the tough, military brat feel that Lois needs in her persona. Tunney is basically playing a "non-damsel in distress" version of Lois on The Mentalist with her Detective Teresa Lisbon character. Tunney's Lisbon is intelligent, confident and in charge in a man's world.

med_gallery_1397_64_55184.png

[Edit: image link fix]

Good enough for me!

On the morning radio show I listen to when I drive in the main host is British. He made a comment on how the persons playing Superman and Batman were both British. Interesting

Spider-Man is 99% British too, Andrew Garfield having moved there when he was 3.

I guess American's got Sherlock Holmes in return lol

Psst...

Cavill is from Jersey. Bale is Welsh. Garfield is a US/Brit mutt.

Yep that's right Cavill is form the Balliwick of Jersey, a British Crown Dependency,

Bale is from Wales, part of the British Isles

and Garfield was raised in Surrey, England, also of the British Isles :)

Good enough for me!

On the morning radio show I listen to when I drive in the main host is British. He made a comment on how the persons playing Superman and Batman were both British. Interesting

Spider-Man is 99% British too, Andrew Garfield having moved there when he was 3.

I guess American's got Sherlock Holmes in return lol

Thats right I forgot to mention he mentioned him too. This radio host was quiet elated that all three were British.

BTW, I'm pretty sure this means that Marky Mark gets to be the next James Bond. Thanks, Britain. :unimpressed:

Spectre Agent: So we meet again, Mr. Bond.

Bond: That's right. Yeah. We're here meeting... again. What's that all about, huh?

Spectre Agent: We have this plan to take over the world and yo-

Bond: [punches the villain] Say hello to your mother for me.

BTW, I'm pretty sure this means that Marky Mark gets to be the next James Bond. Thanks, Britain. :unimpressed:

Spectre Agent: So we meet again, Mr. Bond.

Bond: That's right. Yeah. We're here meeting... again. What's that all about, huh?

Spectre Agent: We have this plan to take over the world and yo-

Bond: [punches the villain] Say hello to your mother for me.

Robert Downey Jnr is Sherlock Holmes

Marky Mark is James Bond

Tom cruise is Winston Churchill

lol

I would have sworn that was Zooey Daschenal. She I'd like to see as Lois.

That's actually pretty inspired casting there, Walter. She'd be a great Lois! I can't believe I never thought of her. She's almost worth starting a petition for...if those things did any good. Also, as much as I love the 1978 Superman movie and Margot Kidder's portrayal of Lois, this new movie needs to be its own thing. New actor for Superman who doesn't remind us of Christopher Reeve, new actress for Lois who doesn't remind us of Margot Kidder.

Zooey Daschenal FTW! They should really consider her!

Well it is. Actually. I'm 100% British genetically speaking. Immigrated to America when I was 7 years old. :p

As for Lois:

I like Zooey a lot. Really. However Zooey is too much of a pretty girl, an eyelash batter. I'm not talking Playmate. Zooey is not that. She's a pretty girl. Lois needs a roughness to her. An edge. Lois can be pretty, but there must be believability to her toughness, her "been around the block" and woman of the worldness. LOL Speaking of which that reminded me that many many many many years ago I sorta almost was sold on J-Lo being Lois when a friend of mine suggested it.

Actresses like Winslet, Weisz, Cardellini even McAdams all are pretty but they don't have a softness to them. There's something else. Maybe it's the eyes. Perhaps a sternness there. I dunno. Zooey is soft.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.