Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cloverfield

• Please log in to reply
445 replies to this topic

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I missed most of those, but I did see a whole lot of Felicity and I actually liked it. Don't know how long it ran in its initial run, but it's still on in syndication.

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• 15,265 posts
Here's the trailer in full HD...

http://www.apple.com...mount/11808/hd/

After seeing and hearing the whole thing again from a quality copy, it definitely seems like its a monster movie. There are two lines from a few guys in the trailer that I didn't notice while seeing Transformers. Some guy says "what animal sounds like that" and another says something like "I saw it, it's a lion, it's huge!" He's running and is hard to make out, but that's what it sounded to me like he said anyways.

Here's some pure speculation on my part. I think that its possible that the "monster" might be one of the beasts of the apocalypse as described in the Book of Revelation. Lions are referred to many times in Revelation, either as one of the apocalyptic beasts, the Lion of Judah, or even 666 itself. I'm probably way off, but that'd be a really interesting direction.

Edited by D-Ray Kenobi, 09 July 2007 - 08:18 PM.

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
More news, JJ Abrams contacted AICN and told them that the Ethan Haas sites were not theirs. And that the only site of theirs that had been found is the 1-18-08 site. So there's at least one more site out there, we just haven't found it yet.

You can read Abram's full message here: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33261 - as usual, don't feed the talkbackers...

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,794 posts
God I hate those talk backers...

And now I wonder just what the haas sites ARE connected to.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts

http://www.apple.com...mount/11808/hd/

After seeing and hearing the whole thing again from a quality copy, it definitely seems like its a monster movie. There are two lines from a few guys in the trailer that I didn't notice while seeing Transformers. Some guy says "what animal sounds like that" and another says something like "I saw it, it's a lion, it's huge!" He's running and is hard to make out, but that's what it sounded to me like he said anyways.

Here's some pure speculation on my part. I think that its possible that the "monster" might be one of the beasts of the apocalypse as described in the Book of Revelation. Lions are referred to many times in Revelation, either as one of the apocalyptic beasts, the Lion of Judah, or even 666 itself. I'm probably way off, but that'd be a really interesting direction.

He doesn't say "it's a lion" he says "It's alive."

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,794 posts
I heard it's a light.. who knows!!!!

I'm still pulling for Cthulu kinda, but i think those rumors started with thr Ethan stuff.

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts

He doesn't say "it's a lion" he says "It's alive."

:lol: Bwahahaha! Lots of other people have made that same mistake D-Ray did, expect that somehow turned into the trailer really being for a Voltron movie.

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• 15,265 posts
I watched it again, I'm like 98% sure he said "lion".

The Shadow

The Shadow

Resident Kaijuologist

• Members
  • 11,282 posts
I just listened to it again, the guy is defintely "I saw it - it's alive - it's huge".

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
That's what I'm hearing too, same as Shadow.

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

smarter than the average bear

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
I really wanted to hear Lion because a good Revelation movie would be amazing. However, I heard "Alive"...

HD trailer is sweet...

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,794 posts
Sorry guys-- but i here A lion as well.

Why would he say "it's alive?" Isn't that obvious since it is making noise, moving and causing mayhem?

Unless of course it is something that might normally be considered not alive?

Maybe both are right and it's the Sphinx.

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

Sir RamaLamaDingDong

smarter than the average bear

• Members
  • 8,614 posts
It better not be a damn Voltron movie.

darth entmoot

darth entmoot

WWFSMD?

• Members
  • 2,314 posts
i mean he could be saying "it's alive!" because most people probably think its like a missle or some kind of accident or weapon. i really do hope it's Cthulu because that would be awsome, or Mecha Streisand, and she has to fight Sydney Pointey and the guy from the Cure and Leonard Malton. and yes, i know i spelled their names wrong!

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Here's a video from youtube that includes analysis of the audio from the teaser that you might find useful:

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Whatever that guy is saying, this is definitely not Voltron. Whatever it is, it is actively causing havoc; Voltron is Defender of the Universe, not Burninator of the Universe.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts

Sorry guys-- but i here A lion as well.

Why would he say "it's alive?" Isn't that obvious since it is making noise, moving and causing mayhem?

Unless of course it is something that might normally be considered not alive?

Maybe both are right and it's the Sphinx.

Entmoots on the same track here,
They could be thinking they are under attack... it could be a war.. or a disaster.. or maybe some kind of mechanical object went haywire.

Him saying it's something huge and alive doesn't seem out of place at all.

That and the anaylsis there, with him slowing down the audio.. i can't see how anybody can confuse that for "it's a lion."

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
It has been happening all over other message boards and on youtube as well, but I've always heard it as "it's alive" myself. In the theater though, I missed the "what animal sounds like that?" line.

EwoksSuck

EwoksSuck

Til All Are One

• Members
  • 31,462 posts
I hear him say "It's alive." too. I'm still saying it doesn't matter what it is supposed to be we will never see it completely. Between it being JJ's pet project and just what we have seen so far I think this is going to be more of a psychological thriller like Blair Witch. It's a monster movie where you never see the monster. Just the effects the monster has on the other characters.

Mara Jade Skywalker

Mara Jade Skywalker

Unpaid Disney Shill

• Members
  • 34,732 posts
When they first heard the noise, someone said, "what was that noise?" and someone answered "it sounded like an animal." On the roof, I heard someone say "what animal sounds like that?" Then later on, when they're on the street, someone asks, "What is it, is it coming this way?" and a guy answers, "I saw it, it's alive, it's huge!"

Man, it doesn't matter what the monster is, this movie looks freaking cool. The shot of the Statue of Liberty head is just awesome. I haven't been this excited about an original film that's not Star Wars in a long time.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,255 posts
I finally caved and watched the HD trailer just now and wow...that looks really cool. The shot of the Statue of Liberty's head was...wow.

Also, I'm pretty sure I heard "Its alive" as well.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,794 posts

I hear him say "It's alive." too. I'm still saying it doesn't matter what it is supposed to be we will never see it completely. Between it being JJ's pet project and just what we have seen so far I think this is going to be more of a psychological thriller like Blair Witch. It's a monster movie where you never see the monster. Just the effects the monster has on the other characters.

I don't think he'd go so far as to never show anything of it-- but if this is shot via DV cams by people in the fray what we won't get is the requisite monster/disaster film shots of the thing on top of the Empire State building swatting at plans in a 360 beauty shot.

What we'll see is a foot, an eye, a tail, etc etc.

I don't really see the need to argue over lion/alive. it's not a big deal. Even if he says lion, I doubt it is. And anyone thinking lion = Voltron is kind dumb.

It's a giant monster movie, don't over think it. More to the point, it's a giant monster movie that actually seems creepy, which is saying something. this is a fun genre, but one so fantastical there's never been anything scary about it because it IS so unreal. This movie might make that seem otherwise.

And as much as I thik Cthulu is awesome, I'm actually hoping it ISN'T Cthulu cause the look and feel of this movie is certainly not Lovecraftian!

Padmes Love Slave

Padmes Love Slave

Me fail English? That's unpossible!

• Members
  • 763 posts
I didn't see anything special about the teaser trailer. :shrug: I think it's interesting in the way he is making the movie, but the trailer didn't blow me away. The CGI on the Statue of Liberty head was poor.

EwoksSuck

EwoksSuck

Til All Are One

• Members
  • 31,462 posts

I don't think he'd go so far as to never show anything of it-- but if this is shot via DV cams by people in the fray what we won't get is the requisite monster/disaster film shots of the thing on top of the Empire State building swatting at plans in a 360 beauty shot.

What we'll see is a foot, an eye, a tail, etc etc.

I don't really see the need to argue over lion/alive. it's not a big deal. Even if he says lion, I doubt it is. And anyone thinking lion = Voltron is kind dumb.

It's a giant monster movie, don't over think it. More to the point, it's a giant monster movie that actually seems creepy, which is saying something. this is a fun genre, but one so fantastical there's never been anything scary about it because it IS so unreal. This movie might make that seem otherwise.

And as much as I thik Cthulu is awesome, I'm actually hoping it ISN'T Cthulu cause the look and feel of this movie is certainly not Lovecraftian!

Yeah I think we would see parts of the monster but not the whole thing. I read somewhere that this film supposedly has a relativley small budget of $30 million. You compare that to a film like Transformers with a budget of $150 million, which was considered cheap these days for a film that is so laden with visual effects, and it's hard to not think this film will be more of a psychological thriller than the usual giant monster/robot/whatvever the **** it is movie with spectacular visual effects in every other scene.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,794 posts
The budget is also pretty low because the bulk of it seems to have been shot digitaally with consumer hand-held cameras.