Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Farewell Chris Benoit

• Please log in to reply
444 replies to this topic

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Double-murder suicide. Beyond that though, no other confirmed details. :(

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,869 posts
Where'd you get that from? All the articles I've found say the same crap...none of it helpful.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
WWE.com has updated their website with that info, and abcnews.com has confirmed that is what this is being investigated as.

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Easy as 1 - 2 - 3

• Members
  • 6,022 posts
I AM FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORED

Fixxxer

Fixxxer

I'll Make You That Kind Of Girl

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
Benoit was always one of my faves

Proud to share a home country with him

He will be missed

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,869 posts
No gunshot or knife wounds? This just got interesting. It takes a lot to kill yourself and your family by strangulation...poisoning on the other hand, slightly easier.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
abcnews.com reports that the Fayette County Sheriff's Department is not looking for any suspects from outside the house.

Not much I can say personally that hasn't been said already. It's hard to compute.

Ender

Ender

Calmer than you are

• Members
  • 9,232 posts
My guess:

His family has been having troubles all week. maybe they were being stalked/ threatened. Benoit gets a deperate plea home. He goes in, sees them...maybe kills himself.

I know it is horrible to speculate, but that is all I can do now with so many questions.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Yeah, pretty difficult to take in. It lends to only two suspects, neither of which I want to imagine being able to do such a thing.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,869 posts
I know nothing about his wife. Was she unstable? Were they having problems? Sometimes people kill their families to maintain control of the situation. If one of them was having an affair or thinking of leaving or even just beginning to assert a little more independence...

Then again...this could all have been an accident.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
The first thing one of my coworkers said was "Kevin Sullivan." I'd hate to even ponder such a thing, but like the websites are starting to report, law enforcement is starting to exclude possibilities from outside the home and not among the family.

Dave Dark

Dave Dark

stands erected

• Members
  • 2,962 posts
there's really no point in speculating anything right now. they won't even release where the bodies were found, let alone when they could've possibly died or what methods were used. there's nothing to gain from assuming, especially since the only things to think are pretty ****ing terrible.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
http://www.foxnews.c...,286673,00.html

I know as wrestling fans and fans of the man none of us want to do it, but its time to start seeing this as the most likely scenario. I hate it just as much as anyone but...I dunno. I want to hope they're wrong and am telling myself that nothing is conclusive yet. But its not looking that way.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,869 posts
They were found in 3 separate rooms. That speaks volumes. Unless they were in bed. They think he might have killed his wife and son over the weekend and them himself today. I need more information. Where were the bodies? Had they been moved? Dressed? Covered? Was the house a mess? Beds made? Kitchen?

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Easy as 1 - 2 - 3

• Members
  • 6,022 posts
It will be interesting to find out what actually happened and how it is realease up until Monday's 3-Hour Raw that is supposed to be a tribute to him. Especially if the early info ends up being true.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts

It will be interesting to find out what actually happened and how it is realease up until Monday's 3-Hour Raw that is supposed to be a tribute to him. Especially if the early info ends up being true.

That was tonight's show, mate.

Macho Grande

Macho Grande

I don't think I'll ever get over myself

• Banned Users
  • 4,936 posts
This may be the weirdest wrestling death of all time, and that's saying A LOT.

I'm sure that Kevin Sullivan had nothing to do with it, but when you throw in the real life drama of Benoit stealing his wife and the fact that when Sullivan was married to Nancy they had some kind of satanic/ Charles Manson like gimmick, the media is going to go crazy with this.

I totally missed Raw tonight- I'm just finding out about this now. Did they really cancel the show? Did Vince really drop his death angle because of this?

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Easy as 1 - 2 - 3

• Members
  • 6,022 posts

That was tonight's show, mate.

DOH! I was thinking today was Tuesday for some reason.

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Easy as 1 - 2 - 3

• Members
  • 6,022 posts
I wonder who took the phone call from Benoit over the weekend that he had a family emergency, as I believe he missed Sunday's house show as well?

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Benoit missed Saturday night's house show in Beaumont. wrestlingobserver reported Sunday afternoon that the situation he rushed home for was touch-and-go, but that he was fully expected to make it to Vengeance.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
Plus, someone phoned the police to see if Benoit was alright. They are calling it a "welfare check." So someone knew something was wrong.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
As far as the weekend here's what's being reported from the torch:

-Benoit missed Saturday's house show. The word backstage was that he had called to say he had a family emergency and couldn't attend. The word backstage Sunday was that he* kept pushing his flights back* later and later until finally not being able to make it in time for the PPV. WWE officials were unable to contact Benoit all day, so they asked authorities to check his residence. Sources tell PWTorch he was in contact with one friend backstage with what was considered an odd text message late last night. The nature of the message might have created a sense of urgency by mid-day today when no one was able to reach him.

The B Man

The B Man

King of Wishful Thinking

• Members
  • 6,364 posts
He missed sunday's show for family emergancy... this is crazy news... He has always seemed like one of the most stable guys in wrestling.. I'm just sorry to see him gone he was always one of my favorites... I don't want to speculate what happened we'll all find out soon enough with the profile of the guy and the situation...

Right now I'm just happy to see how he lived tonite on Raw... I will definitely miss seeing the flying head butt and no one will ever be able to do it as well as he... Same goes for the belly to back suplex x3 its not done by anyone but him but if someone does take the move... it will just be a copy of him...

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
source:

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy several days ago, then killed himself and his son, before taking his own life.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

Beer Baron of Canada

Beer Baron of Canada

• Members
  • 14,817 posts
I'll tell you one thing, if it comes out that he killed his own 7 year old son, then he should be considered nothing more than a piece of **** and never be spoken about in a positive way again.

I hope that isn't the case, but it isn't looking too good at the moment.

god i hope he didn't do that.