Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Farewell Chris Benoit

• Please log in to reply
444 replies to this topic

Ender

Ender

Calmer than you are

• Members
  • 9,232 posts
Chris was always one of my favorites.

I remember watching him in WCW. He did his flying headbutt off of the top of the cage onto a freaking steal chair that was on a guy's head. I totally flipped out. I liked him for the same reasons I love Savage. they are both crazy and full of passion.

May he rest in peace.

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
I can't freaking quit tearing up. He was one of my all time favs and was sorely disappointed to not see him saturday or sunday night. This is too weird. RIP Chris. We'll miss you.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
He wasn't just some guy on TV. You could tell he was a genuinely warm hearted, nice guy. The main image stuck in my mind is him crying over Eddie's death on Eddie's tribute show. At least Eddie is back with his friend now.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
Sorry to have been f*cking with the Arena for the past hour, but I edited the page up a bit for Chris.

xdflwr

xdflwr

diet cokehead

• Members
  • 5,143 posts
i can't get a hold of myself

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,147 posts
My God, how old was Daniel? He looks young. How awful. My condolences to the entire Benoit family. Every single member.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts
Apparently Nancy and Daniel weren't well and were coughing up blood. :eek: Some illness maybe?

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
I don't know how Dean Malenko is keeping it together. I remember Chris not being able to when Eddie died.

Daniel looks just like his dad. :cry:

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Daniel was seven years old, 3&6.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,813 posts
Wow. I just found out about this on ESPNews. So incredibly sad.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,147 posts
Oh, how terrible. What could've possibly went on in that home?

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
From ESPN:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. -- WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and 7-year-old son were found dead in their Georgia home.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Not surprising to me, but all the same disheartening knowing this is probably a homicide case. At least with Eddie we knew he went fairly peacefully.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Good God this is horrible! He was one of my favorites. I just finished watching the extras on the Four Horsemen DVD and finished the part where Arn Anderson brought them all out in 1998. Then I stop it and turn on the news and it was on the article of his and his familys death.

His matches were something special. His Royal Rumble match with Kurt Angle is my all time favorite. The match with Bret Hart in tribute to Owen is another of my favorites. He will be missed. :cry: :cry:

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
I don't know how the topic got closed. Fixed.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,795 posts
Sorry about it getting locked like that. We're really not sure what happened.

DESTINY

DESTINY

It is your...

• Members
  • 10,391 posts
This makes me sick!

Chris was one of my top favorite stars. If there were such a thing as a perfect wrestler, Chris Benoit would be pretty damn close.

I need th know what the hell happened!!! The only thing Alberta News is saying is that the deaths are "suspicious".

God I feel sick.

:cry:

Dave Dark

Dave Dark

stands erected

• Members
  • 2,962 posts
this is absolutely ****ing ridiculous. I was in Feedback and took a gander at Phil's new AV then decided to glance down at his member title and holy flying **** this is insane. I'd stopped watching the WWE before Eddie died and that hit me a little but this... this is absolutely ridiculous. no drugs, no drinking. the guy was ****ing stellar and was always one of my favorites.

I'll be waiting very impatiently to hear the rest of the news. I mean christ his wife and kid, too? ****.

R.I.P. Chris

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,510 posts
I haven't really been able to put together a coherent thought since this thread was posted. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it through RAW tonight.

Mr._KissKissBangBang

Mr._KissKissBangBang

• Members
  • 11,982 posts
I never post here, but I really was sad to see this. Back around the time of Wrestlemania XX I was really big into WWE, and I was super pumped when he won the title and Triple H actually tapped out to him. Really one of the great moments in my wrestling watching career I think. I'll miss the guy.

Beer Baron of Canada

Beer Baron of Canada

• Members
  • 14,817 posts
the son was only 7 years old?

what a sin. :cry:

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
I finally cracked a smile for the first time tonight. They are currently showing the WMXX match. I made a Nightly signature bet that Triple H would not tap out to Chris Benoit under any circumstance. I am sure glad I lost that bet! In a world of make believe, above anyone that's ever "won" the title, I sincerely doubt that anyone appreciated it more than Chris did that night. He wasn't given the title to "get him over" like Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, etc. He was already over. I have to believe this was the company's way of saying "Thank you, Chris. Thank you for your working your ass off each and every night for all these years. You have truly earned the right to be our Champion."

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Things are beginning to look rather grim on the newsfront. I don't know why but I just feel bad posting anymore articles about it here what with the tribute show. But there's some new info at abcnews.com

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,867 posts
:( wha happened? this is insane!