Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Farewell Chris Benoit

• Please log in to reply
444 replies to this topic

Guest_Nodger84_*

Guest_Nodger84_*
  • Guests
Chris Benoit, family found dead
Written: June 25, 2007World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight's Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

Edited by Tank, 26 June 2007 - 05:37 PM.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,795 posts
oh my god

I don't even know what to say to this. I really don't. :(

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Good lord. My brother called me about a half hour ago to tell me about this. He doesn't follow wrestling much anymore besides checking out websites on occasion, and when he saw this at wwe.com he was confused as to whether or not this was some sort of huge work because he had already heard about the Vince death angle. Unfortunately I had to assure him that this appears all too real.

It should be noted that even more tragically, his wife Nancy and his son Daniel are also dead. He missed Vengeance last night because he had to leave to attend to a family emergency, right? Things are sounding really really suspicious on top of the whole thing being a major tragedy.

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*

Guest_ogpapasmurf_*
  • Guests
Holy crap! This is nuts! What a tragedy...

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Holy ****.

This is terrible for wrestling and the world.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,795 posts
This really hit me like a ton of bricks when I saw this. I still don't really know what to say, but I just think back at everything he's done and just...god, this is just such a tragedy. Just thinking about him and Eddie, man...it's rare that someone who I don't know's death really hits me, but this really did.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Hate to be making accusastions (sp?) with no reasoning....

But wasn't his wife the exwife of some WCW booker? And it occured due to an angle where Beniot was "cheating" with the woman? I think her name was Nancy or something.

I live in ATL, watching the news to see if there is anything on it.

Sixstrings

Sixstrings

I'm still here?

• 2,773 posts
wow... I am just stunned... I don't even know what to say.

He was one of the best all time and he will be greatly missed.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
You're thinking of Kevin Sullivan, and yeah Nancy was with him when she and Benoit hooked up. I think it was a Triple H/Stephanie thing in which the two were paired up for a storyline purpose, but hit it off in real life as well.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Wasn't that one of the reasons Benoit left WCW? Because of backstage politics?

I take it that the McMahon storyline will now be toned down or dropped completely in respect of this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
Oh my god. I don't know what to say. I just can't believe this is real. Just. I'm floored.

Edit: VINCE BETTER F*CKING COME OUT.

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• 15,246 posts
I hadn't seen him in recent years. My level of enthusiasm for wrestling nowadays is popping in and out of Raw on Mondays and in here every now and then. But back in the day, I loved WCW and was a big fan of his during his time there. He was always a guy that was entertaining to watch because he was truly athletic and able to do a lot of cool stuff in the ring.

But yeah. The whole "Who Shot J.R." type of storyline needs to be dropped immediately. It's totally disrespectful now in this context.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
Wait up. Jacen and I are talking on AIM. What was this thign about him leavign the tour to go home to soem family emergency??? Was he already dead and the WWE didn't want to say anything?

Pharoah JZA

Pharoah JZA

The Bomb

• 18,036 posts
This is horrible news. How sad.

R.I.P Chris. You were one of the best.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I doubt he was dead yesterday evening. That news would've just broke from another source if WWE tried to keep it under wraps. The reasoning behind Benoit leaving for home however, that may lay at the heart of all this. And forgive me for rampant speculation but I can't get my mind past foul play.

Sixstrings

Sixstrings

I'm still here?

• 2,773 posts

Wait up. Jacen and I are talking on AIM. What was this thign about him leavign the tour to go home to soem family emergency??? Was he already dead and the WWE didn't want to say anything?

I don't think they could do that. The news would have gotten out. I read that he got a call the day before and flew home. They were not sure if he would make it back ontime.

I can't believe this has not hit the news sites, like CNN. They picked up Eddie's death pretty quick

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,795 posts

I don't think they could do that. The news would have gotten out. I read that he got a call the day before and flew home. They were not sure if he would make it back ontime.

I can't believe this has not hit the news sites, like CNN. They picked up Eddie's death pretty quick

That's what we pretty much said, too. It's just one of those crazy comments that gets thrown out at a time like this with the crazy ****ing circumstances. :(

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Local news website Local News on Beniot

Last line in the article states the county and city he resided in hasn't confirmed his death yet... so thats prolly why other major sites like CNN haven't put up nething.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
I know in some cases of foul play, the police don't alert the media for as long as possible. In high profile cases (Because it's wrestling, they prolly won't classify it as such) there is usually some type of tip-off to the media, liek Anna Nicchole Smith, etc. I still think it may be possible that he died yesterday. But then again, I doubt none of the wrestlers would have performed on vengence, unless they didn't know either.

I hope it wasn't a Phil Hartman deal where the wife offed the husband and son, then committed suicide.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,795 posts
oh god. this is going to be an incredibly rough three hours to watch.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts
I just woke up to this.

I'm absolutely devastated.

One of the best ever. :cry:

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts

Tonight's RAW live event has been cancelled and fans in Corpus Christi have been sent home. Wrestlers and WWE staff are being allowed to leave the building to mourn the passing of Chris Benoit.

The WWE wrestlers and staff were gathered together late this afternoon and were told the tragic news that Chris Benoit, his wife Nance, and his son Daniel were all found dead today in their home. We can confirm that they were NOT shot to death as local papers are reporting that.

Tonight's RAW will now be presented as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sixstrings

Sixstrings

I'm still here?

• 2,773 posts
Glad to see Vince was out there... there are some things more important than storylines

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,147 posts
I absolutely cannot believe this. I am sitting here watching CBS, and cutting to RAW (Being DVR'd) to check it out and I see Austin saying, 'We'll miss you Chris.' So, I am like, What?!?!?!?!?! Go to Wrestlezone, and I see this news? Man, this is terrible. He was called home to a family emergency, and then this? I'll be waiting to see further news on this.