Best CG animated movie

sudden violence

Best CG animated movie  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best CG animated movie?

• The Incredibles
    • Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
    • Toy Story
    • Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
    • Shrek
    • Other (Please Specify)

I didn't say it wasn't good, I didn't fine The Incredibles amusing at all, take the Simpsons and cross it with Fantastic Four woah that took some thought. Finding Nemo just didn't grab me in any way I wasn't fond of it.

Toy Story 1 and 2 are fantastic films, not just for comedy but story telling.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cry at the end of The Iron Giant every time. :thumbsup:

Excellent. You pass the Voight-Kampff test and can be presumed to be human. Good for you!

The Iron Giant sucked.

Hmmm. You're in the desert. You see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you're not helping. Why is that?

While it's not my personal favorite, Finding Nemo should be on there as it is mostly considered second only to Toy Story for films in the Disney/Pixar arsenal

I would say that Finding Nemo is not as well liked by as many people as The Incredibles, unless you factor in kids, but most kids like Cars, too.

IMdb:

Finding Nemo: 8.2 stars, #5 on top animated movies

The Incredibles 8.2 stars, #4 on top animated movies

Rotten Tomatoes:

Finding Nemo: 183 fresh reviews

The Incredibles 211 fresh reviews

:unimpressed:

& if you judge how well liked a movie is by it's box office, then why isn't Titanic in the IMdB top 250?

Excellent. You pass the Voight-Kampff test and can be presumed to be human. Good for you!

The Iron Giant sucked.

Hmmm. You're in the desert. You see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you're not helping. Why is that?

Because I'm looking for water to keep myself alive.

"SOOOOPER-MAN".

What? Not even a little bit moved?

It's Vin Diesel's greatest movie moment. Seriously. I share Andorus' problem with pride. :thumbsup:

While it's not my personal favorite, Finding Nemo should be on there as it is mostly considered second only to Toy Story for films in the Disney/Pixar arsenal

I've utterly loved almost all of Pixar's films -- even Cars, which was a complete surprise given the lackluster trailers. The sole exception in my book has been Monsters Inc. The animation was top-notch as always, but the key relationship in the film -- between Billy Crystal and John Goodman -- never gelled for me. Crystal's lines, in particular, sounded like warmed-over sitcom fare punched up by a Munsters script doctor.

"SOOOOPER-MAN".

What? Not even a little bit moved?

Not really.

You guys forgot Disney's Dinosaurs.

No, I'm repressing Dinosaurs. You're not helping.

sol, I don't get what you mean by Lasseter killing the art form he loves by reviving the traditional animation department; do you mean he's killing computer animation by reviving traditional? I do agree when you say it's the single most adaptable storytelling form out there. I completely agree with that.

I think he just means that Lassatar is a hardcore pro-animation guy, and credits all forms of animation for inspiring him. After the successof Toy Story, Disney ( and most others) closed shop on traditional animation thinking that CG was faster and cheaper to producer, and had a broader appeal.

So by making Toy Story, Lasseter inadvertantly buried what inspired him.

But like we said, now that he is president of Disney animation, he has put traditional animated features back into production.

What he said.

But, as SOL said, everytime someone trys to make a more mature animated film in America, it tanks, because Americans have the attitude that animation is just kids' stuff.

Actually, I said that everytime it's tried, the resulting film was limp. The closest thing to a high quality theatrical American movie made for adults (and this is a stretch) is Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, which got almost no backing from the studio.

None of this recent CGI crap has anything on 'The Emporer's New Groove' though!

It's really a shame that that stupid title turned so many people (including myself for a few years) off to it. The Emperor's New Groove was a lot of fun.

The sole exception in my book has been Monsters Inc. The animation was top-notch as always, but the key relationship in the film -- between Billy Crystal and John Goodman -- never gelled for me. Crystal's lines, in particular, sounded like warmed-over sitcom fare punched up by a Munsters script doctor.

Monsters Inc. is at the top in my book. Boo is cute concentrate.

The Iron Giant sucked.

I :heart: you.

Actually, I said that everytime it's tried, the resulting film was limp. The closest thing to a high quality theatrical American movie made for adults (and this is a stretch) is Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, which got almost no backing from the studio.

You know it's funny. Every time I've tried to convince someone to watch this it's like pulling teeth. "It's a cartoon! How good can it possibly be?" But once they actually sat down and watched MOTP by the end of it they were converted. Every single person I've showed this movie too has said "Wow, that's a lot better than I thought it was going to be." Everytime! So if everyone could just forcibly take someone to the theatre next time a studio takes a chance and releases an adult animated movie, I'd say the future will be bright.

Toy Story VS Final Fantasy: Advent Children.

Sounds like Ferrari 250GT VS Aston Martin DB9. Toy Story was great for its time, but its outdated. Advent Children, and Appleseed (FYI, I can't find a part that ISN'T CG in that movie. The characters and everything were 100% CG), is what beats it all.

Sounds like Ferrari 250GT VS Aston Martin DB9. Toy Story was great for its time, but its outdated. Advent Children, and Appleseed (FYI, I can't find a part that ISN'T CG in that movie. The characters and everything were 100% CG), is what beats it all.

Really? It just seemed like the characters and other parts were hand drawn; was that movie really all CG?

Yeah, it was cel shaded. If you look at the heavy way the bodies and faces move, you'll see the difference immediately.

Like I said earlier, there were a couple scenes in the city where I couldn't tell if the characters were rotoscoped or used motion capture. But the vast majority of the film was definitely done on a computer.

Overall, I found the whole effect disconcerting.

Yeah, it was cel shaded. If you look at the heavy way the bodies and faces move, you'll see the difference immediately.

Like I said earlier, there were a couple scenes in the city where I couldn't tell if the characters were rotoscoped or used motion capture. But the vast majority of the film was definitely done on a computer.

Overall, I found the whole effect disconcerting.

Check out this trailer for the sequel to Appleseed:

This looks incredible. Honestly, all you Pixar lovers, how can you prefer comedy over something like this?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.