Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's on your Pull List?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

ShadowGhost

ShadowGhost

RAWR!

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
Simple enough question...I realize a lot of people have migrated over to get their fill of comics, and I myself am currently working towards a more trade-driven collection, but for those still looking forward to each Wednesday to get their weekly stack of books, what do you currently have on your pull list that you're buying? Everything in issue formation including minis or events, as well as ongoings.

My list as of now:

Marvel:
Moon Knight
Ultimate Power
Wolverine: Origins
Astonishing X-Men
Uncanny X-Men (although I'm dropping it after this arc...I was hoping for more from Brubaker, but am left disappointed)
The Ultimates (dropping it after this "volume" concludes, and switching over to trades)

DC
Batman
Justice League of America
The Brave and the Bold
All-Star Superman
All-Star Batman & Robin
The Flash
Justice

WildStorm
WildCats
The Authority

Dark Horse
Buffy the Vampire Slayer ("Season 8")

Slave Labor Graphics
Gargoyles

...Overall a pretty slim list, and it will probably get trimmed down even more when certain things finish up or arcs end and I switch over to trades for titles like The Ultimates and Astonishing X-Men.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,746 posts
Series of the moment:

Astonishing X-Men
Black Panther
Cable & Deadpool
Fantastic Four
newuniversal
Punisher War Journal
Runaways
She-Hulk
Thunderbolts
X-Factor

All-Star Superman
Batman
Blue Beetle
Brave and the Bold
Detective Comics
(skipping any issues not written by Paul Dini)
Firestorm
JLA
JLA Classified
(newly added this week with the beginning of Peter Milligan's new arc, "Kid Amazo")
JSA
Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes
Wonder Woman
(giving temp writer Jodi Picoult a try)

Astro City: the Dark Age
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 8
Desolation Jones
DMZ
Ex Machina
Fell
Hellblazer
(giving new regular writer Andy Diggle a try)
Invincible
Local
Planetary
(in theory)
Stormwatch PHD
Welcome to Tranquility
Y: the Last Man

Current miniseries:

Iron Man: Hypervelocity
Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness
Shazam: Monster Society of Evil
Wonder Man: My Fair Super Hero

From my son's list, I also borrow and read Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and Wolverine: Origins. From my wife's list, I borrow and read Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars: Legacy, Star Wars: Rebellion, and Star Wars: Dark Times.

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,328 posts
Marvel:
X-Factor
X-Men
X-Men: First Class

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,503 posts
Marvel:

Astonishing X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
X-Men
Ultimate X-Men
Ultimate Fantastic Four
Ultimates
newuniversal
Omega Flight
Hulk
Moon Knight
The Initiative
New Avengers
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears
Iron Man
Dark Tower

Icon:
Powers
Criminal (on death watch)

DC:
Batman (skipping any issues not written by Grant Morrison)
Detective Comics (skipping any issues not written by Paul Dini)
The Spirit
All-Star Superman
All-Star Batman

Wildstorm:
Desolation Jones
Planetary (1 more issue :( )
Welcome to Tranquility
Midnighter

Vertigo:
American Virgin
DMZ
The Exterminators
100 Bullets
Scalped

Image:
Fell
Invincible
The Walking Dead (probably the best comic on this list)
Bomb Queen
Samurai Noir
After The Cape

SpiderDave

SpiderDave

Ted Kord's Geeky Revenge

• Members
  • 4,952 posts
DC:
All-Star Superman
Batman
Detective Comics
Justice
JLA
JSA
Flash
Green Lantern

Marvel:
Astonishing X-Men
The Ultimates (is this still even being published)

Vertigo:
Y: The Last Man
Fables
Exterminators

Other:
Ex Machina
Knights of the Dinner Table

Also at random intervals I buy Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes, Fantastic Four, and Amazing Spider-Man usually just one issue and then drop it again....

*Edit* Wow I didn't realize that my Marvel stack was so small. I get more Vertigo books then that.... I spend more on my Knights of the Dinner Table then I do on Marvel books

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,503 posts
I wa going to say the same thing about the DCU proper in my case. Batman is pretty much it for me.

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts
Ultimate Spider-man
Thunderbolts
New Avengers
New Excalibur (so sue me, I keep that magazine aloft ;) )
Supreme Power, including crossovers like Ultimate Power
Ultimateswhatsitsnumber

Star Wars: Legacy
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Considering:
Hulk
Ultimate X-men
X-factor
Hellblazer
Lucifer

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,852 posts
Man..if I even have a pull list anymore...

Marvel
Astonishing X-men
Uncanny X-men
X-men
Ultimate X-men
Ultimate Spider-man
Runaways

DC
Catwoman
Birds of Prey
Wonder Woman

And...any Phoenix related minis that come along. There's no way that's it...I'm forgetting stuff.

Brian.

Brian.

• Members
  • 166 posts
Added quite a few new titles to my pull list this week. Below is an updated, edited version of said list as of today;

DC
Action Comics
All-Star Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder
All-Star Superman
Batman
The Brave and the Bold
Countdown
Detective Comics (picked up with #833, the beginning of what I guess is Dini's next arc)
The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive
Green Lantern
Justice League of America
Justice Society of America
Superman
Teen Titans

Marvel
Amazing Spider-Man
Astonishing X-Men
Moon Knight
Uncanny X-Men
Ultimate Power
Wolverine: Origins

Slave Labor Graphics
Gargoyles

WildStorm
The Authority
WildCats

Edited by Brian., 14 June 2007 - 06:32 PM.

Iridium

Iridium

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • 868 posts
I've added even MORE titles to my pull list this week, after buying up a bunch of back issues and deciding to jump on the whole "Initiative" and "World War Hulk" events from Marvel (which will amount for a very generous proportion of what I spend on monthlies for the next while, it would seem). In fact, I haven't had a longer Marvel pull list then DC since...ever! This is a first for me, as usually I'm reading a lot more DC then Marvel.

DC
52 Aftermath: The Four Horsemen (6 issue mini-series)
Action Comics (ongoing)
All-Star Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder (finite series)
All-Star Superman (ongoing)
Batman (ongoing)
Batman Confidential (ongoing)
Black Adam: The Dark Age (6 issue mini-series)
Booster Gold (ongoing)
The Brave and the Bold (ongoing)
Checkmate (ongoing)
Countdown (finite series)
Countdown to Adventure (8 issue mini-series)
Countdown to Mystery (8 issue mini-series)
Death of the New Gods (8 issue mini-series)
Detective Comics (ongoing)
The Flash (ongoing)
Green Arrow/Black Canary
Green Arrow: Year One (6 issue mini-series)
Green Lantern (ongoing)
Green Lantern Corps. (ongoing
The Outsiders (ongoing)
Justice League of America (ongoing)
Justice Society of America (ongoing)
Robin (ongoing)
The Spirit (ongoing)
Superman (ongoing)
Superman Confidential (ongoing)
Teen Titans (ongoing)
Trials of Shazam (12 issue maxi-series)
Wonder Woman (ongoing)

Marvel
Amazing Spider-Man (ongoing)
Annihilation Conquest (6 issue mini-series)
Annihilation Conquest: Quasar (4 issue mini-series)
Annihilation Conquest: Star-Lord (4 issue mini-series)
Annihilation Conquest: Wraith (4 issue mini-series)
Astonishing X-Men (ongoing)
Avengers: The Initiative (ongoing)
The Immortal Iron Fist (ongoing)
The Incredible Hulk (ongoing)
The Mighty Avengers (ongoing)
Moon Knight (ongoing)
The New Avengers (ongoing)
The New Avengers: Illuminati (5 issue mini-series)
The New Warriors (ongoing)
Nova (ongoing)
Thor (ongoign)
Uncanny X-Men (ongoing)
Ultimate Power (9 issue mini-series)
Wolverine (ongoing)
Wolverine: Origins (finite series)
World War Hulk (5 issue mini-series)
World War Hulk: Front Line (6 issue mini-series)
World War Hulk: Gamma Corps (4 issue mini-series)
World War Hulk: X-Men (3 issue mini-series)
X-Factor (ongoing)
X-Men (ongoing)

Slave Labor Graphics
Gargoyles (ongoing)

WildStorm
The Authority (ongoing)
WildCats (ongoing)

Edited by Iridium, 23 October 2007 - 02:12 PM.

Iridium

Iridium

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • 868 posts
Added X-Men and The Immortal Iron Fist to my pull list today.

Iridium

Iridium

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • 868 posts
Added Black Adam: The Dark Age to my pull list last time I was at my shop.

lovecraftian

lovecraftian

Uatu the Watcher's Intern

• Members
  • 1,511 posts

Slave Labor Graphics
Gargoyles

HOLD THE PHONES. SLG has the rights to GARGOYLES?! As in... the cartoon Gargoyles?! :eek:

Iridium

Iridium

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • 868 posts

Slave Labor Graphics
Gargoyles

HOLD THE PHONES. SLG has the rights to GARGOYLES?! As in... the cartoon Gargoyles?! :eek:

Indeed they do! Not only do they have a monthly, or bi-monthly depending on the month :lol: Gargoyles book coming out, they're also doing another mini that's coming out in October or November (can't remember) abut the teaming up of Gargoyles villains. That looks interesting as well.

So far the ongoing Gargoyles series has been quite good. Feels like the natural next step for the animated series. I'd recommend it.

lovecraftian

lovecraftian

• Members
  • 1,511 posts
Since it's the summer after high school and it looks as though I might be getting a job at one of the two nearby comics shops, I once again have succumbed to my comic addiction. At the moment, however, I'm really not keeping up with that many series.

Invincible
The Walking Dead (been keeping up with this mainly through trades)

I'm debating whether or not to follow the Thor relaunch. I'm also fighting my instinct to keep up with Countdown, as I feel betrayed by Dc's approach to the multiverse.

Either way, I'm still just getting back into it... so I feel like a total rookie compared to, say... everyone else here, and myself circa middle school.

Arica

Arica

Village Idiot

• Members
  • 2,906 posts
Right now, Batman and Detective Comics. Which I totally got dissed for, lol. The ol' "Is that for your boyfriend?" routine, which normally I would just brush off, but this was coming from a gay guy! Jeez, if anyone should know about stereotypes not always being true... Totally forgot that Paul Dini wasn't doing Detective Comics this issue; so much for trying one out to see what it's going to be like in general...next time, I guess. I want to start picking up Astonishing X-Men, but I probably ought to start from the beginning with that. Plus I need a job to finance all of this.

XIII

XIII

Best French person ever

• Members
  • 3,592 posts
Batman
Spirit
American Virgin
Fables
Daredevil
Powers
All Star Superman
Ex Machina
Criminal

I think that's it.

Mercury

Mercury

Pariah

• Members
  • 6,504 posts
I've had to trim down my pull list SEVERELY, as of late. It was really becoming a problem to fit 50 or so issues a month into my budget. Gotta have money for a A) car, B) a place to live, C) food, D) and bills. Times are tough. *lol* But that doesn't mean I'm giving up on comics. Nosiree. No way, no how.

That being said, I'm now down to six MUST HAVE titles that I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT:

Justice League of America (REALLY getting good)
Justice Society of America
Teen Titans
New Avengers
Mighty Avengers
Astonishing X-Men (though, I may drop it after Joss Whedon's departure)

As you can see, I've chosen team books. All those superheroes for the price of one comic. :P I'm also really considering buying the next few issues of The Flash...what with Wally being back and all.

Also, I may buy the occasional Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, or Spidey...if the story arc is good enough. ;)

lovecraftian

lovecraftian

• Members
  • 1,511 posts

I'm also really considering buying the next few issues of The Flash...what with Wally being back and all.

I've been into Flash on and off for the past few months, but I'm somewhat skeptical just because I subscribed to Impulse when it was a monthly, and I'm still pretty damn sore about Bart Allen getting iced the way he did. He died with his boots on, but still... he died, goddamn it...

I don't have anything AGAINST Wally West, but... :cry:

Iridium

Iridium

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • 868 posts
Added Checkmate, Green Lantern Corps. and X-Factor to my pull list recently.

Iridium

Iridium

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Members
  • 868 posts
Added today;

Robin
Batman Confidential
Superman Confidential
Green Arrow: Year One
Trials of Shazam
The Outsiders (I know it's almost done, but I plan needed the "Checkout" issues and am planning on grabbing up the rest of the series in backissues.)
Countdown to Adventure
Countdown to Mystery
52 Aftermath: The Four Horsemen

Edited by Iridium, 24 August 2007 - 07:26 PM.

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,746 posts
Dropped titles, not including cancellations or anything on hiatus:

Cable & Deadpool: death by crossover.
Punisher War Journal: the Hate-Monger arc was nothing new in and of itself, but the timeline-jumping narrative was an unwelcome and desperate distraction.
JSA: just...meh.
Wonder Woman: death by crossover. The concurrent Amazons Attack! was slop.
Astro City: the Dark Age: The magic is gone.
Hellblazer trying too hard to relive the glory days. "Let's bring back Ravenscar! And make John a JERK!" Ooh, daring.

Added titles:

Black Summer: an Avatar series on my list at long last, thanks partly to Warren Ellis and mostly to a pricetag under three bucks, unlike Avatar's other offerings.
Flash
Green Arrow: Year One
Metal Men
Avengers: the Initiative
New Warriors
Super-Villain Team-Up: MODOK's 11
Nexus
The Boys
(omitted in error from the previous list)
Stephen Colbert's Tek Jansen
Highwaymen
Midnighter

I also plan to check out Spidey's upcoming "One More Day" arc, just to see.

lovecraftian

lovecraftian

• Members
  • 1,511 posts
My basic history is that I have a small (200-some-odd strong) collection that I built as a kid after my dad threw my first collection away and I've been reading on and off ever since. I used to subscribe to The Amazing Spider-Man, Impulse, Ultimate X-Men, and The Ultimates. Just starting college now, and I've got some time on my hands so I'm getting back into the comics scene.

I feel so pitiful in comparison to you guys... All I'm really keeping up on are Invincible and The Walking Dead. I know that I'm going to re-add All-Star Superman to my stable; I don't even remember why I stopped collecting that, or any comics, in the first place. Anyhow, I'm debating what to keep up with at the moment. Maybe y'all can help me out... These are the titles I plan on trying out:

-Flash
-Robin
-The Astounding Wolf-Man (I know... I know... I'm a Robert Kirkman whore... :cry:)

Should I add a team book? Multiple heroes for the price of one comic sounds nice. I'm not much of an X-fan...

Help a fellow collector, please...

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,746 posts

I feel so pitiful in comparison to you guys...

No need for feelings of inadequacy. Comics have been my primary hobby for almost thirty years now through thick and thin, so it's just where I've focused my disposable income. Some guys stock up on DVDs or CDs, some guys fill their garage with Star Wars toys, some guys spend everything on dating, some guys drink or snort their earnings away. I fritter mine away on graphic lit. :)

These are the titles I plan on trying out:

-Flash
-Robin
-The Astounding Wolf-Man (I know... I know... I'm a Robert Kirkman whore... :cry: )

Ack! I forgot to add Wolf-Man to my list, too. If you're gonna hop aboard, now's the time while it's only two issues in. Despite noticeable attempts at more exposition in Invincible, Kirkman's writing has rarely been newcomer-friendly. Half the time I can't remember any of his characters' names because they were mentioned exactly once when they were introduced many years prior, then never uttered again.

The Flash's recent reboot makes it a good jumping-on point for new readers, too. All you have to know that Wally is alive, still married to Linda Park, and now has super-powered twin children named Jai and Iris. Presto! Now you're caught up.

Most other Marvel and DC titles will be a challenge. Between the aftereffects of "The Inititative" and the ongoing "World War Hulk" saga, Marvel's a little crossover-happy right now. DC has calmed down a little bit on the required cross-referencing in the last few months, but the upcoming Final Crisis looks to be another big fat mess in the offing. But there're some good ones out there on both sides. And, y'know, there're other companies, too!

lovecraftian

lovecraftian

• Members
  • 1,511 posts

Ack! I forgot to add Wolf-Man to my list, too. If you're gonna hop aboard, now's the time while it's only two issues in. Despite noticeable attempts at more exposition in Invincible, Kirkman's writing has rarely been newcomer-friendly. Half the time I can't remember any of his characters' names because they were mentioned exactly once when they were introduced many years prior, then never uttered again.

The Flash's recent reboot makes it a good jumping-on point for new readers, too. All you have to know that Wally is alive, still married to Linda Park, and now has super-powered twin children named Jai and Iris. Presto! Now you're caught up.

Most other Marvel and DC titles will be a challenge. Between the aftereffects of "The Inititative" and the ongoing "World War Hulk" saga, Marvel's a little crossover-happy right now. DC has calmed down a little bit on the required cross-referencing in the last few months, but the upcoming Final Crisis looks to be another big fat mess in the offing. But there're some good ones out there on both sides. And, y'know, there're other companies, too!

Thanks, Six!

Yeah, I've been keeping up w/ Walking Dead since it started, but most of my collection involving that series is comprised of trades. I know exactly what you mean about Kirkman's writing, though. I had to backtrack at least three issues in Walking Dead to figure out that Alice is Alice. Strange, neh?

Today I picked up JLA #12, the All-Flash one shot, and The Flash #231. I'm gonna make a go of those in a bit and see what I dig. Still need to grab Robin, though. I still remember the happy days of middle school when Dixon was writing and Grummet was pencilling that series... Good times.

Thanks again!