9: Toronto, ON - The Molson Amphitheatre

11: Manchester, NH - Verizon Arena

12: Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center

14: Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach

17: Hershey, PA - Hershey Stadium

19: Washington, DC - Nissan Pavilion

20: Charlotte, NC - Amphitheatre

22: Atlanta, GA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park

1) How does the fan pre-sale work? How do I sign up?

First off, there is NO OFFICIAL RUSH FAN CLUB. :) Rush thankfully does not charge outrageous fees to their fans for the privilege of access to their pre-sale. However, you do need to sign up for the pre-sale through Music Today. That's step one. You simply go to the Music Today Rush pre-sale site and enter in your email address. Then you'll be on their email list and have access to their systems. The first round of pre-sales will occur next week from Tuesday, January 22nd to Thursday, January 24th for the following shows: New Orleans, Phoenix, Reno, Las Vegas, Red Rocks and Detroit. Fan pre-sales for subsequent shows will happen the Tuesday-Thursday the week prior to the regular tickets going on sale. I'll have a lot more details regarding the fan pre-sale in the coming days, don't worry. In the meantime, you can check out some of the posts from last March to see how the pre-sale worked on the last leg. Just go to the March 2007 site archive and check out all the posts towards the end of the month (the official tour date announcement in 2007 was on March 26th).

In addition to the fan pre-sales, there are various AMEX, Ticketmaster and radio-station-sponsored pre-sales that will take place on a per-show basis. Check Ticketmaster, AMEX or your local radio station for details on these. I'll also try to provide details or at least a heads up as these pre-sales start.

2) What happened to South America?

From what I'm hearing South America is still on. Be comforted by the fact that the band doesn't even mention it at all in their press release. No news is good news. Right now they are still attempting to work out the logistics. The original plan was to move from Puerto Rico to South America and then Mexico. This plan got completely turned on its head in recent weeks. I'm not clear on the specific issues involved in why the South American dates had to be shifted out to August, but that's what happened. So right now they are trying to confirm dates/venues and if/when they do, I'm sure they'll let us know.

3) What happened to the Mexico dates?

Those are still on too, but will now be part of the South American route. The plan is to go through Mexico on down to South America.

4) What happened to Atlantic Canada?

I know that no answer will satiate you Atlantic Canadians - and I don't blame you. But I'll give it a shot anyways. Once again, the abrupt change in plans mentioned above in 2) caused the band to completely rethink their routing. The short answer is that Atlantic Canada just did not work out with the modified schedule. Once it was apparent the South American dates would not happen in May, they had to scramble to shore up the Eastern US venues before other artists/events did. The Maine show was knocked out, then Rhode Island and from that point it just came down to logistics and cost of travel in between shows; Atlantic Canada just didn't fit in unfortunately. They instead found that a Montreal show would fit in, and went for that instead.

5) What about the Quebec City 400th anniversary show?

I'd first mentioned a while back that the band may play at the 400th anniversary of Quebec City celebration this July. They are still trying to finalize plans for this. This is partly the reason you don't see a Quebec City gig on the tour itinerary. This may still happen if they can fit it in.

6) What about the potential second show in Puerto Rico?

The band had originally left the option open for a second show after the first in Puerto Rico assuming it sold well. That second show morphed into the late addition of the Ft. Lauderdale show. However, they have left open the possibility of adding the second show on the day before - April 10th.

7) What about the potential second show at the Nokia Theatre in LA?

They still plan on adding this. That's why there are 4 open days after the May 6th show there.

So excited, hopefully I can see them in Toronto!

May 2008

1: Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

Tenatively excited - but our baby's due date is less than two weeks before that. If she's late like our first daughter was...*sigh* I know we're going to need some time adjusting to having a toddler and a newborn and if it's only been a few days since she got back from the hospital, I can't really ditch my wife while I go off to the show.

The more I think about it, the less I like my chances. And this is the first time they're actually not playing in the 100+ degree heat of summer! :(

:thumbsup: on Geddy's album! Though it doesn't sound exactly like Rush, of course, with Geddy's voice and bass playing (not to mention fine song writing), I'd think almost any Rush fan would enjoy it. I liked it more than Alex's "Victor", though to be fair to that album, I only discovered it recently and really haven't heard it enough. In fact, I was just thinking the other day that I need to put it on my Zen and get more familiar with it - so here's further proof. Anywho, My Favorite Headache is certainly worth picking up.

As for more Rush news - I haven't had a chance to double check it, but the ad this weekend for the Phoenix show had a little note in the corner that said "live album coming in April"! I hadn't heard anything about that before. I'm guessing (hoping) that it'll be from the first leg of the current tour?!? I also hope that there are maybe some surprises on the track list. I love Rush's live albums and I'm always glad to hear a new one, but they have a good deal of them out already and yet there are still songs that haven't appeared (while others appear multiple times). We'll see, I guess. :shrug:

YES, they are releasing a new live album in April AND it's a double discer. Which should be great. Yea, the set list is definaitly going to make this live album stand out from others,all the new S&A songs + songs like Circumstances and Witch Hunt. I just wish the would play 2112 part I/II this tour. I just love that damn song and it makes a great closer.

Well, that's very cool that "Circumstances" is going to be on there! As for "Witch Hunt", though it's one of my all-time favs, again it's a song that's been on at least two live discs (that I can think of, offhand). Meanwhile, there are songs that have never appeared on any of the, what, six or so live cd's? Whether it be another of my favourite Rush songs, "Here Again", or "The Necromancer" (which I always thought should be on a live album right after "By-Tor") or songs like "Losing It", there are quite a few great pieces that would be cool to have live versions of, rather than one more rendition of "Tom Sawyer" or "Closer To The Heart". Y'know?

Which reminds me, when you say "set list", do you use that as a general term, or does that imply that the new album will be from one particular show, like the "Rio" album was (almost). Or are you just guessing at what will be on it based on the set list from the show you saw? Personally, I'd almost rather have them compile it from multiple shows (assuming that the set list varies slightly as the tour goes along, which is the case with most bands). If you take a single show, then it's understandable that there are certain songs that they are expected to play ("Tom Sawyer", etc) for the audience. Selecting from multiple shows, however, would not only give you the chance to pick the "best version" of some songs, but more variety for the album's track list. Just my two cents. :shrug:

Well, that's very cool that "Circumstances" is going to be on there! As for "Witch Hunt", though it's one of my all-time favs, again it's a song that's been on at least two live discs (that I can think of, offhand). Meanwhile, there are songs that have never appeared on any of the, what, six or so live cd's? Whether it be another of my favourite Rush songs, "Here Again", or "The Necromancer" (which I always thought should be on a live album right after "By-Tor") or songs like "Losing It", there are quite a few great pieces that would be cool to have live versions of, rather than one more rendition of "Tom Sawyer" or "Closer To The Heart". Y'know?

Which reminds me, when you say "set list", do you use that as a general term, or does that imply that the new album will be from one particular show, like the "Rio" album was (almost). Or are you just guessing at what will be on it based on the set list from the show you saw? Personally, I'd almost rather have them compile it from multiple shows (assuming that the set list varies slightly as the tour goes along, which is the case with most bands). If you take a single show, then it's understandable that there are certain songs that they are expected to play ("Tom Sawyer", etc) for the audience. Selecting from multiple shows, however, would not only give you the chance to pick the "best version" of some songs, but more variety for the album's track list. Just my two cents. :shrug:

That set list I posted is the setlist they played every night during the SAA tour. They switched Summertime Blues for Distant Early Warning a couple of times though, unfortunately they didn't play that when I went. (Yep, 6 live albums...now 7...wow) Witch Hunt only appears on A Show of Hands. Many of the songs don't appear on previous releases. It will most likely be a full concert from 1 venue. It will be two discs so it will probably be full show. And of course you will hear the usuals like YYZ, Spirit, Freewill, Limelight but you can't have a Rush show without those songs.

Entre Nous was played live for the first time during the SAA tour, correct me if I'm wrong.

Info is till fuzzy but Rush will be releasing a double disc live CD titled "Snakes and Arrows Live" or something to that effect. They will also be releasing a live DVD filmed at their show in Rotterdam. Not sure if this ill be a 3 cd set or separate.

• 2 weeks later...
(Yep, 6 live albums...now 7...wow) Witch Hunt only appears on A Show of Hands.

Actually, after I took the time to list 'em off in my head, I realized that the new album will actually be the eighth live album...

All The World's A Stage

Exit...Stage Left

A Show Of Hands

Different Stages

Rio

R30 (Included with R30 dvd boxset)

Grace Under Pressure Tour Soundtrack (Included in Replay x3 boxset - and which also has a version of "Witch Hunt", btw)

Snakes & Arrows Live

As for the dvd, I just hope it's from a different show than the cd (since, from what I've read, they will be sold seperately). I love the value of the box sets that included the cd versions of the concerts. I felt a little better about the Rio show when they included the bonus tracks, but in general, I think if you're going to fork out the money for a cd and a dvd, they should be unique. Anywho, I hope the cd kicks some serious ass - because at the official pre-order site, it's selling for $21.98. Ouch!

http://media.musictoday.com/store/bands/1523/product_medium/R4CD04.jpg

Oh yea I forgot about the GUP soundtrack.

So far all we know is that the DVD is from the Netherlands show. I hanv't heard much about the CD.

The CD cover looks great! IMO that should have been the cover for S&A, I don't care much for the S&A cover. It could have a better name. The first 4 lives have great names.

Actually, the name of the album and the cover of the cd are closely linked. Personally, I thought it was pretty cool after reading Neil's explanation sometime before the album came out. Rather than trust my memory and try to paraphrase, though, I'll just go find Mr. Peart and let The Professor himself explain it to you... B-)

*rummages around internet*

"To my surprise, 'Snakes and Arrows' called up several links to something called 'Leela, The Game of Self Knowledge,' or, incredibly, 'The Game of Snakes and Arrows.'

Long story short, I followed that trail with growing enthusiasm, and learned that Leela (Hindi for 'the game') was at least 2,000 years old, and had been created by Buddhist saints and sages as a game of karma-like many games, a metaphor for life...The Leela player rolls a single die, said to be affected by his or her karma, and moves around the board. Each square on the grid represents a stage of consciousness or existence, and the player is raised to higher levels by arrows, and brought low by snakes. The children's game 'Snakes and Ladders' (sometimes called 'Chutes and Ladders') was adapted from Leela by the British during the 19th century Colonial period. After that, the original game almost disappeared-apparently only two gameboards existed in India when scholar Harish Johari revived the game and brought it to America in the 1970s...When I told Alex and Geddy about the Leela connection, and showed them the gameboard painted by Harish Johari, they were as excited by all that serendipity as I was, and we agreed to use his painting for the cover."

Friday, February 8, 2008

Snakes & Arrows Live tracklist revealed

Posted at 7:24AM | link | comments (30)

Earlier this week we learned that Rush's new double live CD Snakes & Arrows Live would be released on April 8th. Now we finally have the tracklist as well. The Music Today pre-order shop recently posted it on their website. Here it is:

Disc 1

1. Limelight

2. Digital Man

3. Entre Nous

4. Mission

5. Freewill

6. Monkey Business

7. Larger Bowl

8. Secret Touch

9. Circumstances

10. Between the Wheels

11. Dreamline

12. Far Cry

13. Workin' Them Angels

14. Armor and Sword

Disc 2

1. Spindrift

2. The Way the Wind Blows

3. Subdivisions

4. Natural Science

5. Witch Hunt

6. Malignant Narcissism - Drum Solo

7. Hope

8. Distant Early Warning

9. The Spirit of Radio

10. Tom Sawyer

11. Encore

12. One Little Victory

13. A Passage to Bangkok

14. YYZ

Looks like it's the entire show. Thanks to snowdog2113 for the heads up.

Can't wait to hear this. Glad we get Distant Early Warning instead of Summertime Blues.

Actually, the name of the album and the cover of the cd are closely linked.

Actually when I said, "It could have a better name." I was talking about the live CD. I mean its a simplistic title, promoting their very strong CD Snakes and Arrows but I enjoyed the creative titles, Different Stages, A Show of Hands, Exit Stage Left and All The World's a Stage.

Sorry, I misunderstood that part. And I completely agree with you, actually. :shrug:

As for the track list, it's looks very cool. In addition to a large chunk of the last album, unless I'm mistaken, we're getting at least a couple other songs we haven't had on the previous live albums ("Entre Nous", "Digital Man") . That's exactly what I was hoping for (in general, if not specifics).

And since they've both been on live cd's before, I also agree that "Distant Early Warning" is preferable to "Summertime Blues". Why not do something different off of Feedback if they wanted to play a cover? There's probably half of that album that they haven't played live (or at least released live) before.

Speaking of those songs, though: was "Summertime" played after "Hope" in the post-drum solo/accoustic section of the show (or are they not doing that anymore)? If they still do it, would that mean that if "Distant Early Warning" took its place in the set list, that it would be acoustic?!? Ok, I'm guessing not - but I just tried imagining what an acoustic version of that song would sound like and it made me curious! B-)

BTW, all this talk about the live albums and what songs have been released live already lead me to a startling discovery: I was thinking about "Lakeside Park" (a song I've always loved) and and that they should do that song live. Then, of course, my brain swore that they had done it on one of their live albums, but when I looked through all of my cd's I didn't see it. Then the other day when I was listing off all of the live albums in my post, it dawned on me that I didn't have All The World's A Stage on cd!!!

Over the years, as my limted budget would allow, I've tried to gradually update key albums in my collection from tape to cd. This often meant searching for them used, since there's always new cd's coming out that I want, too. In the case of Rush, I started holding out (for the most part) until I found a remastered version. Well, because of this, All The World somehow fell through the cracks! Of course, with over 1,000 cd's (and roughly twice as many tapes), it gets confusing sometimes. Still, I know, I know - it's Rush.

I have the tape, of course, and I think the vinyl verson, too - but they're in the garage somewhere in boxes. I bought the cd today and listening to it, I realized I probably had't heard this album in about a decade. It's a great album, too - but then again, you all probably know that, already! :o

(And some-guy inspired me to change my custom title, too!) :)

Circumstances (old vid on r30)

Passage to Bangkok

Digital Man

Entre Nous

Monkey Business

Larger Bowl

Far Cry

Workin' Them Angels

Armor and Sword

Spindrift

The Way the Wind Blows

Malignant Narcissism

Hope

None of the songs appear on previous live releases. (Only four non S&A songs.

I found it weird that they choice to play Summertime Blues, in an indoor arena in mid September, if they did want to do something off Feedback, The Seeker or Crossroads would have made good additions to the set list.

No there wasn't any acoustic section this time 'round. Although DEW would have been very interesting acoustic. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing Rush do an MTV Unplugged or something like that, it will never happen though. 1) Rush isn't popular enough 2) I don't think the boys would be up for it. It would either be really great or really bad.

I enjoy All The World's ALOT. Many great old tunes we don't hear much on that CD.

When I went to Lakeside Park all I could think about was the song (Lakeside Park) and Niel. You might know he worked there was a teen, I believe he worked a game booth.

Know what I found humurous?

Who posted in: Rush

Poster Posts

some-guy 18

Darth Lohr 18

Ryn 4

Domo-Kun 3

R5-VAN DAMM 2

Angylkat 2

LOL...yeah it's almost a two-way conversation. Which means the other Rush fans need to give more input or, better yet, we need more Rush fans!

I actually was going to ask you if you were anywhere near Lakeside Park or had ever been there. Sorry, I couldn't remember exactly where it was and even if I did, my memory in regards to Canadian geography is embarassing poor. :(

Yeah, I thought there was more than two songs on that list that were "new", but I was in a hurry and wasn't thinking. Of course, we had already talked about "Circumstances", so I should have had that one right away. For some reason, though, I was thinking that they did "Bangkok" somewhere. (Incidentally, every time I think of that song now, I always hear Jerry Stiller in my head!) :lol:

For some reason, though, I was thinking that they did "Bangkok" somewhere.

And that would be because it's on Exit... (it's also part of the monster medley that opens R30, but that doesn't really count). Still, three old songs in addtition to nine of S&A's thirteen songs is pretty good! Although I'm a little surprised that Vapor Trails isn't better represented. I think they only did four of the album's thirteen songs on Rio, one of which was repeated on R30 ("Earthshine") and another ("Secret Touch") that will be repeated on the new cd. Wierd. You'd think that with three live albums released within five years of the band's "comeback" album, that there wouldn't still be that many songs from it left untouched - and it's a strong album! :shrug:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.