Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Dark Knight

• Please log in to reply
1872 replies to this topic

The Red Aaron

The Red Aaron

• Members
  • 463 posts
Superman II is campy. There are definitely better super hero movies than that.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,072 posts
No way!

There's scientific proof when you talk about dick size and grandma's wangsabre.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,121 posts
Pardon?

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• 15,253 posts
Posted Image

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

The batvoice was ok in Begins but it was very distracting in Dark Knight, it was almost comical at times. It bugged me especially when he was talking to Lucius who knows full well hes talking to Bruce, there was no need for him to disguise his voice then.

But don't you get it? When Bruce is in the Batman suit, he becomes Batman. He is no longer Bruce Wayne. He's only one step away from being the Joker. He's Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Gog, its fine that you dont like it, but you dont have to keep emphasizing it. 95% of the people who did see it liked it though.

I just watched it again last night, and again I was blown away with this movie.

I'd have to disagree with that figure. By doing a survey between my friends, family, & co-workers, I found that it was split 3 ways. I did it because a friend of mine said the same thing to me. He said that 95% of people loved it. So, I decided to prove him wrong. 33% loved it, 33% hated it & 33% thought it was okay, but wouldn't watch it again.

I'm glad you like it though & I don't mind when people talk about why they like it. However, I think I should be allowed to jump in here & give reasons why I didn't like it just the same. It appears I'm not alone here.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,754 posts
Love that poster.

Oh God no

Holy BATDOORS!

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Gog, its fine that you dont like it, but you dont have to keep emphasizing it. 95% of the people who did see it liked it though.

I just watched it again last night, and again I was blown away with this movie.

I'd have to disagree with that figure. By doing a survey between my friends, family, & co-workers, I found that it was split 3 ways. I did it because a friend of mine said the same thing to me. He said that 95% of people loved it. So, I decided to prove him wrong. 33% loved it, 33% hated it & 33% thought it was okay, but wouldn't watch it again.

I'm glad you like it though & I don't mind when people talk about why they like it. However, I think I should be allowed to jump in here & give reasons why I didn't like it just the same. It appears I'm not alone here.

Yeah but you keep stating your opinion over and over and you're blatantly trying to mock the film.

We get it, you don't like it. You're different from everyone else. Well done.

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

You're different from everyone else.

No, just 33% of people. ;)

I guess I'm just upset because I'm such a huge Batman fan & have yet to see a Batman movie that was any good.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,072 posts

Pardon?

The scientific proof in the Superman II is the greatest superhero movie ever was undeniable.

Dick size! Sucking grandma's wangsaber!

Justus

Justus

• 13,074 posts

I guess I'm just upset because I'm such a huge Batman fan & have yet to see a Batman movie that was any good.

What would be your perfect Batman film?

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

That's a good question.

I guess the first thing I would like is for it to feel like a comic-book. Forget this realistic stuff. There's no need for Batman to wear armor. Gotham City should be dark all the time. It should have a gothic look to it, but not be over the top. In the comics, Gotham is supposed to be New York, but the grimy area of it. Nothing should be clean.
Batman should have a Batmobile, not a tank. No need for it. He also has no need for any weapon except his batarang. And no remote controlled batarang either. Just a hand thrown weapon.
If you're going to use the villains from the comics, then use the villains from the comics & not some variation. The Joker in TDK, Two-Face in BF, Penguin in BR, Scarecrow in BB, all of them were horrible variations of their comic book counterparts.
The movie should be fun, but not campy. It should have lots of action & special-effects, since it is based on comics, in which anything can happen, and often does. You can go into the area of whether Batman is doing good or bad a little, but it's not enough to carry a movie.
I would like to see Batman done in animation, but not hand-drawn in CGI, like Beowulf. This would be the only way they could bring the world of Batman to the big screen. But, this is my opinion & I know most won't agree with me. But isn't this what message boards are for?

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts

That's a good question.

I guess the first thing I would like is for it to feel like a comic-book. Forget this realistic stuff. There's no need for Batman to wear armor. Gotham City should be dark all the time. It should have a gothic look to it, but not be over the top. In the comics, Gotham is supposed to be New York, but the grimy area of it. Nothing should be clean.
Batman should have a Batmobile, not a tank. No need for it. He also has no need for any weapon except his batarang. And no remote controlled batarang either. Just a hand thrown weapon.
If you're going to use the villains from the comics, then use the villains from the comics & not some variation. The Joker in TDK, Two-Face in BF, Penguin in BR, Scarecrow in BB, all of them were horrible variations of their comic book counterparts.
The movie should be fun, but not campy. It should have lots of action & special-effects, since it is based on comics, in which anything can happen, and often does. You can go into the area of whether Batman is doing good or bad a little, but it's not enough to carry a movie.
I would like to see Batman done in animation, but not hand-drawn in CGI, like Beowulf. This would be the only way they could bring the world of Batman to the big screen. But, this is my opinion & I know most won't agree with me. But isn't this what message boards are for?

So more like what the latest TMNT was like?

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

That's a good question.

So more like what the latest TMNT was like?

Yes, very close. However, I would even like to see a TMNT more like the original comics. There was no cowabunga stuff in them. They were bad-azz!

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Anyone who says "bad-azz" is null and void in my book. Sorry! :P

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

HAHA! Just not keen on the censorship here yet.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts
From Gog:

I'm a modern continuity fan (think Year One to War Games).

There are some serious Joker haters here who claim the Joker was not "done right." I can only say you are ignorant. That's the kindest word I can use. The Joker in this modern continuity is a murdering pschopath, not really funny at all. Here's your homework (in order):

The Man who Laughs
The Killing Joke
A Death in the Family
Hush returns

if you can read these four stories and come back and seriously say that Nolan and Ledger did not NAIL who the Joker is, then I'd change my wording from ignorant to stupid.

I agree with you Gog on Scarecrow, I liked the take, but wasn't like the comics. Same goes for Two-Face in Forever and the Penguin but, the penguin sucks as a villain anyway. He fights using umbrellas and he's a small fat man. Really not threatening at all.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Why does it have to be exactly like comic #324 with comic #473 thrown in with the blah blah series? It is one thing to get a single book as accurate as possible in a movie but there are so many different versions in the comics that it is hard to nail it down. A director has to have some leeway here. Cartoons seem to play more to the details of the comics and are more true which I respect them for. The movies seems to make it appeal to a larger audience.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Exactly - and if that wasn't your goal as a film maker, you'd be a failure right out of the chute.

Remember, this is a comic-to-movie adaptation. Core word - adapt. It can't be exactly the same because if it is, again...you wouldn't be an effective film maker.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts

HAHA! Just not keen on the censorship here yet.

Feel free to say ass. We're all grown ups at this point.

troyjan

troyjan

METAL

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
Ass ass ass ass. Anyway, wathed Dark Knight yesterday. LOVED it. But I am also not a fan of the "batvoice".

Darth Kcorbe

Darth Kcorbe

• Members
  • 2,588 posts

growly bat-voice around Lucius Fox is dumb and pointless, BAWW!

i'm tired of hearing/reading about the "bat-voice with Lucius" thing. aside from the argument that when he's in the suit he's not just playing Batman, he IS Batman, consider this: if he let himself fall into Bruce-mode in the suit just because the other guy knows who he is, it would be that much easier for him to slip up and give himself away to someone who DOESN'T already know.

Love that poster.

Oh God no

Holy BATDOORS!

^ = made of LULZ and epic win.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Yeah, the Batvoice complaint is getting old and tiresome. It's a little more gravelly than the voice in Batman Begins where I thought it was perfect but the voice has never bothered me. :shrug:

Mercury

Mercury

Pariah

• Members
  • 6,504 posts
I don't think people should be complaining, especially considering that Christian Bale could've gone the George Clooney route and NOT DISGUISED HIS VOICE AT ALL. Please. I hate to add to the beating of this dead horse, but it only makes sense that Bruce Wayne would make his voice unrecognizable. Also, he becomes something else...blah, blah, blah.

Sorry...had to point that out again. :P

ETAndElliot4Ever

ETAndElliot4Ever

Extra-Terrestrial

• Members
  • 2,181 posts
To anyone who's gone through the DVD/BR features, at any point do they show bts footage with Michael Keaton on the set?