Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Dark Knight

• Please log in to reply
1872 replies to this topic

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,181 posts
Katie Holmes and Rachel McAdams are both SexyCute.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,122 posts
http://au.movies.ign...3/763319p1.html

]Dark Knight Update[/b]
IGN investigates the latest casting buzz.
by Stax
US, February 9, 2007 - The Dark Knight is now just weeks away from principal photography and several key supporting roles remain uncast. IGN has investigated the buzz and has come away with some surprising results.

Reliable sources have advised IGN that Emily Blunt is not in the running to replace Katie Holmes as Bruce Wayne's love interest Rachel Dawes. We did learn, however, that the rumor about Maggie Gyllenhaal playing the role might be closer to the truth.

We have also learned that Aaron Eckhart is indeed in the mix to play Harvey Dent, Rachel Dawes' boss at the district attorney's office and the man who will one day become Two-Face.

Sources indicated that both Eckhart and Gyllenhaal are at different points of negotiating for their respective roles -- things are "coming together" we were told -- and that it is "definitely possible" that they will end up playing those roles. Still, it must be stressed that no deals have been closed so they don't have the roles yet.

(A contributor for Batman-on-Film.com claims to have encountered Eckhart at an L.A. event and asked him about playing Dent, to which he replied, "We'll see.")

IGN has also looked into Morgan Freeman's status on The Dark Knight. The Oscar winner is poised to star in another comic book film adaptation, Wanted, which the Czech Film Commission says begins filming in the Czech Republic in April for 12 weeks.

While it remains entirely possible that Freeman could film a few days on Dark Knight before or during Wanted, Freeman's reps at the William Morris Agency advised IGN today, "Nothing's been consummated."

If Freeman is unable to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne's gadget-master Lucius Fox, it is unclear whether or not the role would be recast or rewritten as a new character.

I like the idea of Eckhart for Dent. I think he'd be more than match for Christian Bale both for charisma and smarts, and if they absolutely have to recast Rachel Dawes, they could do a lot worse than Gyllenhall. Although would she be willing to only have 10 minutes of screentime?

The news about Freeman makes me sad. He has to be in it, he just has to :(

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
If Morgan isn't in this film, I'll cry.

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
Agreed. Freeman is the man.

Durty D

Durty D

Star Wars nerd

• Members
  • 5,919 posts
Just thought i'd chime in and say that Aaron Eckhart has a good super hero/villain chin

Spawnxlite

Spawnxlite

The One and Only

• Members
  • 1,980 posts
So Rachel McAdams is not in role?

R5-VAN DAMM

R5-VAN DAMM

DITHPICABLE!!!

• Members
  • 6,097 posts
If I didn't waltz into this thread, I would've had NO idea it had anything to do with BATMAN.

And to think....all this time I was wondering where the info was on the Batman Begins sequel. :lol:

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts

If I didn't waltz into this thread, I would've had NO idea it had anything to do with BATMAN.

And to think....all this time I was wondering where the info was on the Batman Begins sequel. :lol:

:lol: Welcome to the thread.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,122 posts
From batman-at-film.com

Gyllenhaal, That's Maggie, In TDK
Author: Jett
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 8:37 AM CENTRAL TIME: My friends over at LATINO REVIEW (Yes, we're friends. Really!) sent me word not long ago that their sources are confirming that Maggie Gyllenhaal IS replacing who-know-whom as Rachel Dawes in THE DARK KNIGHT. Click the link provided to check out the full LR article.

Not that it matters, but if MG is now RD, then I give my thumbs up! Now, let's get on with that Eckhart as Dent announcement! ;)

If only they chose her the first time around.

Edited by Darth Spoon, 15 February 2007 - 01:22 AM.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
If only RD had been Dent in the first place.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,122 posts
Looks like we have our Harvey
Spoiler! --Click here to view--
Posted Image
Posted Image

Gotta say that Nolan has nailed it again :thumbsup:

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• 11,652 posts
Eckart will be a good Dent, though i wanted someone else to play him. That report also stated that Morgan Freeman will reprise his role.

Macho Grande

Macho Grande

I don't think I'll ever get over myself

• Banned Users
  • 4,936 posts
So far things are looking pretty good.

Has anything been said about how they're going to portray The Joker? I'm still curious as to how such a cartoonish character is going to look in Nolan's Batman world.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I saw an interview with Ledger where he said it's going to be a lot more serious than most would imagine.

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• 15,265 posts
I just watched Batman Begins last night, which I hadn't in over a year. Damn, I love that movie.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,794 posts

Harley originated in the animated series (I think she was in the Batman Beyond film Return of the Joker also, she may have been in other episodes but I never really followed Batman Beyond. TAS and BB were created by the same people) and because of her popularity was put in the comic universe as well.

That's pretty close to it. She was created specifically by the 90's Batman Animated series by Bruce Timm (visually) and Paul Dini. She was a HUGE hit with Batfans (who almost universally agree on the TAS Batman being the best incarnation of the character). She appeared in a ton of episodes, as well as the Batman Beyond movie Return of the Joker.

Like Ixion said, she was so popular that DC comics decided to add her into their universe

Why can't people like you make movies like these?

GO MAKE MOVIES, SETH.

I'M TRYING

He's trying!

SEE!?

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

'Member' of the Month.

• Members
  • 6,892 posts
LOL!

Darth Kcorbe

Darth Kcorbe

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
if morgan freeman cna't be in the the movie they'd better find an excuse for lucius foxx to be absent from the film because nobody can replace Freeman IMO.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts

So far things are looking pretty good.

Has anything been said about how they're going to portray The Joker? I'm still curious as to how such a cartoonish character is going to look in Nolan's Batman world.

I saw an interview with Ledger where he said it's going to be a lot more serious than most would imagine.

Ledger commented that they were going for a Clockwork Orange take with the Joker, that it was all in the eyes or something along those lines.

Macho Grande

Macho Grande

I don't think I'll ever get over myself

• Banned Users
  • 4,936 posts

Eckart will be a good Dent, though i wanted someone else to play him.

"Eckhart! Think of the future!"

King_Elessar

King_Elessar

Avengers Assemble!

• Members
  • 3,269 posts
Nice, Macho! :thumbsup: :lol:

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,122 posts
Any Photoshop-experts ready to take a shot at doing Two-Face?

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,122 posts
Possible script exerpts?
"The Avenger" = Batman
"The Prosecutor" = Harvey Dent
"Gentle Voice" and "The Prisoner" = Joker

Don't know if I think it's legit or not. I guess if it was a fake it would conveniently give away more of the plot and make sense, rather than being a complete mish-mash of scenes with characters we've never met before that seemingly have no relation to one another :shrug:

But the bits that seem to feature the Joker do seem consistent with what we've been hearing. An insane, psychotic monster that will scare the **** out of you before he ever makes you laugh.

Edited by Darth Spoon, 19 March 2007 - 02:49 AM.

King_Elessar

King_Elessar

Avengers Assemble!

• Members
  • 3,269 posts
"The Avenger"? "The Prisoner"? Somebody's a fan of 60's British Television. :lol:

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,122 posts
Indeed :thumbsup:

I've read that these pages might actually be audition pages only, not necessarily from a concrete script.