Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy XIII

497 replies to this topic

RavEMasteR

RavEMasteR

• Members
  • 4,034 posts
Gotta login for that pic. Care to download it and put it up somewhere else?

Euronymous

Euronymous

Sworn to a Great Divide

• Members
  • 10,040 posts
I'm with that ^.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I saw this posted somewhere else, is this the newest screenshot you guys are talking about?

Posted Image

It does look amazing, but it has to be a cutscene.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
Yup, that's the screen, albiet shrunken down a little.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts

There is a Trailer for Final Fantasy Versas XIII.

I hadn't seen it before...

It's really cool.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
"In an interview with Gemanga, Square Enix's Tetsuya Nomura, Yoshinori Kitase, Motomu Toriyama, and Tosirou Tsuchida discussed Final Fantasy XIII's battle system.

For Final Fantasy XIII, Tsuchida was asked to develop a "flashy, speedy" battle system that allows players to play as fast as an action title but still input commands. He says that the new system will allow for more options despite the added speed, and melee and magic attacks will be able to be strung together. Because of the new battle system, XIII will incorperate a new animation process during battle to accomodate the combination moves.

As for enemy encounters, it seems that XII's non-random system will be back with some modifications. According to Tsuchida, battles are not quite encouter-based and not quite seemless.

Toriyama described it as a "party battle system", and mentioned that the enemies you encounter will in some way reflect the current situation in the game. Kitase added that certain enemies will have their own background story.

Kitase also mentioned that the White Engine, rumored to be retired after the release of XIII and Versus XIII is still being considered for future titles."

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
http://ps3focus.nl/s...p...&cat=catps3

Lots new scans there for all three games. :thumbsup:

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
I guess I'm the only one still interested in this game, or what? lol

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,795 posts
Yeah Brad, you know me....being a FF hater and all. ;)

I checked the scans out, and they're pretty interesting. They don't do much for me though, even though the scans look nice, it's just not the same as a full screen pic or a little video. I'm glad it's coming along though and they keep releasing little bits of information. It's getting me excited.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
:points to Final Fantasy Versus XIII Trailer:

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Still too far off and too much on the PS3 for me to get out of my chair and jump up and down. I still want it though.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
Okay, so we all know that there are three titles in this FF XIII Fabula Nova set. Well think again!

I guess now there are four. They registered a new name and logo today for one. Details are un known.

Final Fantasy Hareresis XIII.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Yeah, the trademark was registered last May, but the logo is new. The thing is, the logo looks a little plain for a new FF game logo. Though SE is supposed to have six total games in the FFXIII line, but have only announced FFXIII, Versus, and Agito. Oh well, there is a Square Enix party coming in May that we will learn more about then.

Posted Image

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
Six???

WTF people. Post this info. :angry:

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
The renowned Square Enix character designer Tetsuya Nomura was recently interviewed by Dengeki Playstation Magazine regarding twin video game titles Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Since it was done in Japanese, what we're giving you are the the juiciest bits, albeit translated.

First off, the first part of the discussion focused on the PlayStation 3 itself and Nomura expressed his usual love for the Sony hardware. He mentioned that the new console is very much capable of making their imagination as close to reality as possible. He enthused:

It's not just about how pretty the graphics are but more of how much limited amount of movement we can put in one go and how big our imagination and ideas are. The PS3 is the machine that is closest to being able to express our imagination.

Quite interestingly, Nomura commented that they are exploring the possibilities of changing the gameplay for the new FF titles. He shared that their team has been together since Final Fantasy VII and the Kingdom Hearts series so they are on a level which they feel comfortable and able to experiment:

The action elements will be high in the game but instead of defeating the enemies from an audience's view, I want to give people the taste of actually being part of that world. The assignment here is whether we can build an FF with the suspense and thrill of Third-Person-Shooting or not. In that sense, the game will be a slightly different type of FF.

And regarding the characters in Versus XIII, the designer shared that Square Enix is planning to come up with action figures alongside other characters like Subarashiki Kono Sekai, Lightning, and even Cloud. However, these are still under wraps because Nomura is still in the process of finalizing the designs.

Lastly, other party members for the titles are still under development so fans need to wait for a little longer before getting a glimpse of them. Also, the screenshots you've seen and the videos you've watched are still not representative of the final designs because Nomura is still, like we said, working on the characters' overall appearance.

Courtesy of www.qj.net

Very interesting.. I don't know about the First Person aspects they are trying to instill here. I trust that they wont go overboard with it.

polarcrest

polarcrest

• Members
  • 993 posts
This game does look good and all...and I am very excited for it but, I don't want to be a girl!!! While I play I like to imagine that I am the main character...it sort of sucks you into the game more...I don't want to imagine being a girl...there is a time and place for that and it's not while playing FF.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
It's not confirmed that the main character is a girl. A girl is all they've shown so far, but that means nothing.

I remember the face of FFX when they were advertising it was Yuna.

polarcrest

polarcrest

• Members
  • 993 posts
That is true...its not 100% that you are a girl....

I read this in some magazine I bought...can't find the article though but the creator people said to the other creator people that when they make the girl for FFXIII they pretty much want her to be the female version of Cloud...sounds kinda cool.

Anyways though...I wouldn't be to suprised if they did make a female the main character. FF has been changing a lot lately.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
They are long overdue for a female lead, actually.

I wouldn't really mind it one bit.

If XII is any indication, you can make any member of the current party, the person who shows up walking around the maps. So maybe they will continue to go in that direction and eliminate the whole idea of one main character.

I dont know if I'd like that too much, because I think they can make a better story with certain roles set. But it's possible.

polarcrest

polarcrest

• Members
  • 993 posts
I guess they might as well just finally make the main character a girl...they have been sort of pushing it with the male characters anyways lately...haven't you noticed they have been a bit, girlish? Zidane? Vaan?

RavEMasteR

RavEMasteR

• Members
  • 4,034 posts
Vaan is in no way girlish. It's what's popular in Japan now, the kind of androgyny in males.

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
They are always girlish. Squall and Cloud not so much, but they even tried for a sort of feminish-spin on the Advent Children Cloud. Not to the degree of Vaan, though. Ugh.

Vaan is awful.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
From that interview it was hard to tell, but I think that the first person aspects Nomura was talking about were in regards to FF Versus XIII, not the main XIII. He's the director on Versus and just the character designer on FFXIII, so that's most likely the deal in case it wasn't clear.

I would guess that with Kitase and Toriyama taking the lead on FFXIII, they will not likely eliminate the whole idea of one main character. From what we've seen of them on FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, and FFX-2, they are pretty big on a focusing in on a lead character. So, I'd say there is a really good chance that Lightning is going to be the main character of FFXIII. Matsuno was the key behind FFXII not really taking a main character stand as that seems to be his style, focus on the big picture, not on one character. That's also why certain people seemed to hate FFXII and complain about the story, no one character to focus on. That or they expected too much out of Vaan.

Eh, just my take on things.

polarcrest

polarcrest

• Members
  • 993 posts
FF12 had a story?

I complain about the fact that the main character had to reason for being there and no story to him really at all. So he's an orphan who wants to be a sky pirate....yay.

That whole game did not have a Final Fantasy feal to it. There was no twists or turns...no big emotions. This game did not pull me in at all unlike most other FF's I have played.

RavEMasteR

RavEMasteR

• Members
  • 4,034 posts
It DID, however, make huge leaps in styling. It was immersive. You felt that the world was alive. The voice actors were top notch most of the time, and the vocabulary seems to have been sharpened a tad bit. The graphics were amazing. I can't say much about the story yet, because I've yet to finish it (going to soon, but I like gil farming too much). However, as far as I've played, this game was never about Vaan. It's about the bigger picture.

All in all, FFXII felt far more realistic than any previous FFs. It may not have Sin crushing the entire planet, but it's certainly immersive.

Reply to this topic