Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WrestleMania 23 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts

Posted Image

The more I watch this, the more ridiculous it looks. :lol:

l.o.l.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
But at least he managed to make the leg drop look halfway effective!! :)

whitdogg

whitdogg

• Members
  • 808 posts
I'd like to see Cena vs Shawn. Shawn wins the rumble and becomes champion. He eventually loses it to Orton or Edge.

Batista vs Taker. I could see this happening at No Way Out but Id rather at Mania. Batista turns heel leading up to the match and Taker beats him.

Lashley vs ??????? He defends it against someone. If he came back to WWE Id say Chris Jericho. Anyway Lashley wins.

Hogan vs Austin. I know Im dreaming but hopefully it will happen. Orton comes out and RKOs Austin. Hogan wins in his last match. Next raw Orton comes out and says he couldnt kill the legend of Hogan but he would kill the legend of Austin. This could setup and Orton/Austin feud. Orton would win putting him over and then he could become champion somewhere down the track.

Mickie vs Melina. This could be as big as Trish/Mickie IMO. Id probably rather Mickie wins but this would be a great feud.

And thats all I got

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts

As of this weekend they have four matches planned for Wrestlemania. They are John Cena vs. Edge vs. Randy Orton in a triple thread for the title, The Undertaker vs. Batista, Hulk Hogan vs. Shane McMahon with Khali in his corner, and a possible Shawn Michaels vs. King Booker match with Donald Trump managing Michaels and Vince managing Booker. That final match is still not a done deal, but the rest are seemingly in place. Things change hourly with Vince McMahon so these WrestleMania matches are always hard to call each year. Stay tuned to the site for more information leading into the PPV though.

Is it just me or does everything but UT vs Batista sound like an absolutely terrible idea? I have a long standing hatred of triple threat or fatal fourway matches as Wrestlemania main events (if a world title is involved), so it pisses me off to see another one in the works. There's only two possible storylines for this match. Cena defies the odds and retains, or Cena loses the title by not being pinned. Zzzzz. Hogan vs. Shane with Khali in his corner. Talk about a bloated program that just screams "We have nothing good for Hogan, but we want him there so we'll haphazardly whip something up". Shawn vs. Booker? This makes absolutely no sense. They're on separate brands and there's no history between the two nor a title to explain cross-promotional fued. Add Vince McMahon into the mix and you're guaranteed no focus on the wrestlers anyway. God I hope this all changes.

I was playing with the idea of getting together with my brother and some friends, getting WM and making a night out of it, but if this ends up being the card I'm not even going to bother.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

This makes absolutely no sense. They're on separate brands and there's no history between the two nor a title to explain cross-promotional fued.

Actually, He once superkicked BOoker to kick him out of the NWO.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts
The only one of those I'd like to see is the triple threat. The lead up between Edge and Orton could be great.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I can't really consider one short encounter that happened five years ago with no contact since to count for much though.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
I was just being an ass.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
I know, but it helps to channel my displeasure. :)

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
The triple threat match, while nothing that new, would be interesting promo wise.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts

There has been a major change in WrestleMania plans with John Cena's match over the last day or two. We're told the change is significant. More shortly.

Okay...I'm kinda letting myself get excited now but I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing. Could be good if this is what I think it could possibly be, bad because I personally feel it to be a long shot and don't wanna be let down. News of a significant change though, one night after Undertaker wins the Rumble when we know the established rule is that the winner can challenge for whichever title he wants? I think there's at least a chance this might be the change....we'll see.

Cronker

Cronker

• Members
  • 206 posts
i think it will be Cena vs HBK. Vince decides that since he did so well in the Rumble, HBK now deserves to be the #1 contender for Cena's belt.

HBK going after the belt "once last time" etc et al.

Chatham

Chatham

like old job

• Members
  • 8,728 posts
I'm just a little worried that if UT takes on Cena, and Cena who is notorious for breaking streaks (Hassan, Umaga) will end UTs WM streak. This could be used as an out for him to retire, I'm not sure if he's been thinking about it, but it could work. If anyone was going to break UTs streak, for gods sake let it be Kane. Not ******* Cena.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,179 posts
I say let Undertaker retire 15-0 at WM. Why break the streak now?

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts

I say let Undertaker retire 15-0 at WM. Why break the streak now?

Agreed. It would be a touching moment if he won, and then announced his retirement right after handing the belt back to Batista.

Master Pimp

Master Pimp

King of Pimps

• Members
  • 9,411 posts
Taker has to win at Mania. That streak is part of his legacy. I've always thought if anyone should break the streak it is Kane or Edge since Edge has the streak going too. I think a streak v streak program would be awesome in the next couple of years. Maybe he could beat Batista and they could have the rematch the next Friday on Smackdown. That might be interesting.

I think HBK would be an awesome champ right now. He's still great in the ring and on the mic. I hope he gets another run before he retires or slows down but I doubt it with the Cena machine rolling and HHH lurking. I'm surprised Edge got two title reigns.

Thrawn33

Thrawn33

• Members
  • 2,873 posts
I could see the lights going out after Taker wins the belt (and after giving some love to the crowd) ,and after some thunder and lightning the house lights come back up and the belt is laying in the middle of the ring with Taker gone and never to be seen again.

That'd be a great way for him to go out in true Deadman style if WM would be his last match.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
If he stays on Smackdown I think he should definitely beat Batista. If he jumps to Raw I think its a toss up. I don't want him to lose his streak, but as its been said before, if he does lose we'll have no doubt that its because he was okay with losing. With Taker's rep and power backstage, we know that if he doesn't want to do the job, he simply won't, end of story. And why I say its a toss up with Cena but not Batista is because obviously beating Undertaker would be a huge deal to the reputation to the wrestler, and personally if it had to go to either of the two I'd rather Cena because he's young and is obviously going to have a long career in WWE, so he has much more potential impact to make. Batista found wrestling fame very late, and as such he's already near the end of his career due to age. He's made all the impact he's going to make in WWE. So I figure if Taker's streak has to be broken, better someone who will have it on their resume for a long time to come.

My personal preference however, is that he wins and has one more championship run, whatever title slot they decide to put him in.

some-guy

some-guy

Dancing for Rain

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

I could see the lights going out after Taker wins the belt (and after giving some love to the crowd) ,and after some thunder and lightning the house lights come back up and the belt is laying in the middle of the ring with Taker gone and never to be seen again.

That'd be a great way for him to go out in true Deadman style if WM would be his last match.

:thumbsup: I absolutely love that idea.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts
Well Taker won't be retiring at Mania. An ad just ran fro the Wrestlemania Revenge Tour here in Britain advertising Undertaker amongst the superstars.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I've been reading more and more rumors about Shane w/ Khali in his corner vs Hogan at WM23. If they're going to do this, they have got to start getting ready for it.

Also, isn't it about time they start announcing HOF inductions?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,702 posts
Yeah, I've read they want to announce the big matches soon so they have more time to build and hype. Smart, if you ask me.

I'd rather see Hogan vs Khali than vs Shane. There was Hogan vs Vince at WM19, so I don't see why I should be interested in Hogan vs Shane.

Another thing I really hope for WM: a match for Jeff Hardy. I want the IC Title to be defended at WrestleMania again. That means keeping him out of Money in the Bank, but I'm very okay with that.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts
There's more than enough talent on Raw to have a good IC Title match and put in some good technical high-flyers in the MitB match.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,702 posts
I'd like to see Carlito and Nitro from RAW, Punk and Sabu from ECW, and Helms and Chavo from Smackdown in the MitB.

Phil_Muzza

Phil_Muzza

Excellence of Execution

• Members
  • 7,176 posts
I'd be the same except replace Nitro with Benjamin and have Nitro in a match against Hardy to finish off the rivalry for good.