Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Second Christmas Task

130 replies to this topic

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts

Ooo, I've always wanted to drive someone besides my exwife insane. WOO HOO!!!

3. In scramble #7 there are multiple capitals...what does that mean?

3) I can't tell you what it means, but I can tell you that it's not an accident. Only one of those four letters is the first letter of the book title, but there's a reason all four are capitalized.

Question for SD:
If you're only capitalizing the first letter of the title and not names like in the previous tournament, why are there four capitalized letters in #7 ?

3) I can't tell you what it means, but I can tell you that it's not an accident. Only one of those four letters is the first letter of the book title, but there's a reason all four are capitalized.

Smart ass. :P

Ok, how about this: in the third Heat, do you mean fictional persons, real persons or something in-between like KFJ ?

bonnie13

bonnie13

A Matter of Time

• Members
  • 28,793 posts

As the Reigning Master, I have a question about Heat #2.

What do ShadowDog's culinary abnormalties have to do with books ??

reading comprehension

JRB88

JRB88

• Members
  • 282 posts
So about this heat #3 alternative, do we get any information on it before making our decision?, and is it the same point value?

JRB88

JRB88

• Members
  • 282 posts
What if we find a solution for a scramble that works but isnt the one you were looking for SD?

Kung Fu Jawa

Kung Fu Jawa

Cotton-Headed Ninny Muggins

• Members
  • 15,241 posts

Ok, how about this: in the third Heat, do you mean fictional persons, real persons or something in-between like KFJ ?

I assure you, I am definitely a fictional person.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts

It can be either one as long as you write it in a fictional style.

So about this heat #3 alternative, do we get any information on it before making our decision?, and is it the same point value?

It's the same point value. As for extra information, all I can tell you ahead of time is that you'll probably need access to a library.

What if we find a solution for a scramble that works but isnt the one you were looking for SD?

:rock: I doubt that's possible, but if you can do that, you're a bad mother****er and deserve an extra 5 points. :P

LadyGuinevere

LadyGuinevere

Taking on the world with an innocent smile

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
I'm doing vaguely okay on the word scramble, considering I suck at anagrams. Just need 3 and 7 now. For 7, is the colon in the correct place, or is that to be moved as well?

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Hey! Welcome back! I guess I never got around to emailing this to you, did I? :blush: Anywho, yeah, the colon has been moved.

I hear that 3 and 7 were the most difficult. :D :devil:

eye_of_the_wolf

eye_of_the_wolf

Life is an unsolvable puzzle.

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
Ahh I've only got number 8 and 9 :( I think i've cracked the pizza thing though :) thanks for the explantation SD!

I have somthing in my head when ever I look at number 10 but I'm not sure if it is a book or not and its pissing me off, ahh well. Good luck everyone :)

LadyGuinevere

LadyGuinevere

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Hey! Welcome back! I guess I never got around to emailing this to you, did I? :blush: Anywho, yeah, the colon has been moved.

Not back per se.... I'm just hanging around at my parents while I wait for my card to be fixed! But it's providing me with something to do ;)

white wizard

white wizard

Glass shatters.

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
despite the fact that i'm not involved with this, i'm still working on them..... somethings not right here

JRB88

JRB88

• Members
  • 282 posts

It's the same point value. As for extra information, all I can tell you ahead of time is that you'll probably need access to a library.

Interesting...i dont have the vaugest idea as to what it could be, but interesting....I think i may end up taking the alternative

:rock: I doubt that's possible, but if you can do that, you're a bad mother****er and deserve an extra 5 points. :P

Yea i figured that, but i found an answer for the last one, and i had a concern that it wasnt the one you were loooking for, dont ask me why, i think all this scramble busness has made me paranoid. (I also have my suspicions about heat #2)

Edited by JRB88, 27 December 2006 - 11:25 AM.

JRB88

JRB88

• Members
  • 282 posts
Should we include authors when we send the scramble book titles?

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
That's not necessary but feel free if you're up for it.

Hey Wolfie, :angel: since you're probably about ready to get banned for a couple days and won't be able to use your PMs you might want to send me what you've already completed. If you can use email, no problemo.

bonnie13

bonnie13

A Matter of Time

• Members
  • 28,793 posts

well the more I try and figure it out the more scrambled I get. Maybe I should have started with the other ones first besides #7. # more days. Yikes.

LadyGuinevere

LadyGuinevere

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
Wooo! I think I got 7! Still missing 3 though.

bonnie13

bonnie13

A Matter of Time

• Members
  • 28,793 posts
*cries*

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
It's okay bonnie. I'm stuck on 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6. I feel retarded.

Kung Fu Jawa

Kung Fu Jawa

• Members
  • 15,241 posts
*pokes Copper*
You do feel a little retarded.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
watch it mister. I do hold your fate in my hands, you know. I'd hate for you to have a doggie accident.

Kung Fu Jawa

Kung Fu Jawa

• Members
  • 15,241 posts
:lol: Just spare me the humiliation of having my nose rubbed in it.

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts

If you don't know it by now, you never will. Just give up.

(Unless you know #3. I'll give you #7 for #3.)

Is the offer still up, KFJ ?

Kung Fu Jawa

Kung Fu Jawa

• Members
  • 15,241 posts
What..are you crazy???

[cough]checkPM[/cough]

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts
*coughs up a hairball*

Now only one remains !!! *wiley dance*

Kung Fu Jawa

Kung Fu Jawa

• Members
  • 15,241 posts
Whilst trying to figure out #3 I came up with a fantastic name for a story.

Reply to this topic