Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Christmas Book Club Tournament

295 replies to this topic

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts

So does anyone know when the two week holiday starts for most schools and officey type workplaces?

I'll be working straight through to the 24th. I need the overtime pay. Badly. :no:

But I'm foreign. I don't matter.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
You matter to me.

Mr. Winch

Mr. Winch

Be Mad. It Helps.

• 3,225 posts
If the next words of any poster will include the words "get" and "a room", that poster is going to die, painfully, and need a closed casket to the funeral.

bonnie13

bonnie13

A Matter of Time

• Members
  • 28,793 posts

I'm trying to flare them up by belittlying them so that they have an extra incentive to prove me wrong

:angry:

books are about food recipes

Let me see here.

Edited by bonnie13, 04 December 2006 - 12:15 AM.

Chatham

Chatham

like old job

• Members
  • 8,728 posts
I came in 3rd last time I think.

GreenLightBaby

GreenLightBaby

Following Kromaggs

• Members
  • 774 posts
Does spelling count, Master Pie Eater? Some people need spellcheckers.

bonnie13

bonnie13

A Matter of Time

• Members
  • 28,793 posts

But I'm foreign. I don't matter.

Bah! You do too matter. Foreign to what? With the internet, no one is.

Book Imp

Book Imp

daily reader

• Members
  • 515 posts

If the next words of any poster will include the words "get" and "a room", that poster is going to die, painfully, and need a closed casket to the funeral.

:lol: my father called this a week ago but i didnt believe him. he wins again. :angry:

how about 'acquire a chamber'? ;)

Yossarian

Yossarian

A Cracked Polystyrene Man

• Members
  • 2,324 posts
Don't know what exactly is involved but what the hell, sign me up.

EDIT: Ok now I'm scared. Could someone please post the link to last year's so I know what's in store?

Edited by Darth Yossarian, 04 December 2006 - 07:40 AM.

Richcelt

Richcelt

Musician, Historian, and Stalker Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 8,375 posts
Well, even though I made a horrible showing last go around (dead last?), go ahead and count me in again.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
^ Good news! Moist excellent.

Don't know what exactly is involved but what the hell, sign me up.

EDIT: Ok now I'm scared. Could someone please post the link to last year's so I know what's in store?

Here's the links, but from what I've seen of you around the boards you have nothing to fear. You seem pretty well read.

http://forums.nightl...ent-t41929.html

http://forums.nightl...ent-t42074.html

http://forums.nightl...ask-t42284.html

http://forums.nightl...ask-t42731.html

Jaycie

Jaycie

Souless Automaton

• 11,556 posts
I'll give it a go. I have a week off this month from work.

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts
And the roster grows with one more beautious specimen of the fairer sex. I'll be too busy admiring you vixens to pay any attention to the competition itself. ;)

SD, I checked. I work from this date --> 24th and this is followed by a 2 day break and back to work the 27th. I still feel I can participate so no worries for now.

JRB88

JRB88

• Members
  • 282 posts
so how similar to the last challenge will this be?

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

And the roster grows with one more beautious specimen of the fairer sex. I'll be too busy admiring you vixens to pay any attention to the competition itself. ;)

Yeah now thats just creepy.

Thats right people I'm setting the weak standard for smack talk right here. Anybody with worse smack talk than me can just step right up to the plate.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
Look at this. UKLK is already shaking in his boots. I mean bones. He sees the competition and knows that HE DOESN'T HAVE A CHANCE so he resorts to childish mud slinging. I for one will not sink to his level.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts

so how similar to the last challenge will this be?

Along the same lines. Some of the stuff that didn't work last time will be changed or omitted, and the stuff that people had the most fun with will be kept as it was.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

Look at this. UKLK is already shaking in his boots. I mean bones. He sees the competition and knows that HE DOESN'T HAVE A CHANCE so he resorts to childish mud slinging. I for one will not sink to his level.

When I see something that you write, that is actually worth my time I'll answer you properly ;) :P

Mr. Winch

Mr. Winch

Be Mad. It Helps.

• 3,225 posts

I'm trying to flare them up by belittlying them so that they have an extra incentive to prove me wrong

:angry:

books are about food recipes

Let me see here.

You know what you need to do then. Win it and prove me wrong, sweetie.

bonnie13

bonnie13

A Matter of Time

• Members
  • 28,793 posts
*anxious*

Is it time almost for the assignments yet?

*watches scoreboard and cheers because the Stars had a shutout but the Mavs had their winning streak broken by the team of which one of her fantasy players is...so she cheers and cries at same time*

IMericka

IMericka

Deadly Nightshade

• Members
  • 15,769 posts

Also, I'm still looking for a few good judges. >:-P~~~~~~~~

I'll be helping out with that this year! Don't worry guys, I promised to be fair... even to the people who piss me off. ;)

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
With a custom title like "Miss Murder" I think Mr. Winch had better act right from now on.
>:-P~~~~~~~~~

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
I'm going to leave signups open for another day and then we'll work everyone's schedules out. So the signup sheet will officially close at Thursday midnight EST.

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts

I'll be helping out with that this year! Don't worry guys, I promised to be fair... even to the people who piss me off. ;)

*gulps*

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Speaking of contests, I was digging through my archives last night looking for something and I ran across this drawing by Blinker for a hideous contest I ran to promote my old website in 2003. The PIE fetish remains but I find that my loathing of Carrot Top has cooled over the years.

:puke:

Or maybe not.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic