News from local Newspaper...(NO LUCK)

SATDIAL

Hey guys yesterday on my local newspaper there was this small article about a TV series GL will do for unseen stories between ROTJ. I know weve been hearing about this rumored TV series but to see it on a local newspaper...I was dumbstruck. I've been trying to get in touch with the editors but havn't had a response yet. I'll let you know where they got this info from. Let me translate what the paper says:

From EL Diario de Hoy (San Salvador, El Salvador)

quote:

George Lucas starts a new war

The creator of Star Wars signed a multimillion contract to take his films to a new TV series.

The cycle will be based in the movie Return of the Jedi (1983) and will include stories and adventures of the famous characters Luke, Han Solo and Princess Leia. Series shooting will start in the next few months.

Well I'm thinking some stupid writer for the paper went into the internet and saw one of this flying rumors about the TV series and wrote it down there. That is why I'm trying to contact the editors to check where this info came from. I'm sure that if news this big were out we would get them from the OS and not from a 3rd world country paper so I have my doubts. laugh :) . So I'll update this thread as soon I hear from them.

SATDIAL:

I'm sure that if news this big were out we would get them from the OS and not from a 3rd world country paper so I have my doubts.

Yeah SATDIAL. No offense, but I don't think a story like that would break in a local newspaper in El Salvador.

Quite honestly, if there was going to be a TV series with Luke, Leia, etc it would be pretty bad (unless animated). Have you seen what Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher look like lately? Not only that, there is no way Harrison Ford would do Star Wars television. The guy makes $25 million a film, so what would it cost to get him to do TV?

Maybe it was news about a new book series or comic book series that got mixed up with the other TV series rumors out there.

I can't see GL making a post ROTJ TV series.

He's already said that "After Jedi, there's no more story to tell. The story ends after Anakin and The Emperor both die."

If he were to do this, he would have to employ younger actors to play the parts of Luke, Leia, Han and Lando.

Could you imagine the uproar within the fan community?

These are roles that you simply cannot re-cast.

The only way you could do it, would be if you were to set the series 20 years after ROTJ, hire Mark, Carrie, Billy Dee to play older versions of their characters.

Just like Darth Feral said in his above post;

quote:

there is no way Harrison Ford would do Star Wars television

Ford woudn't want to participate in yet another SW project, I'm certain he would get flashbacks of a not so special holiday special

In my opinion, it would be more feasable for LFL, to go with a pre Episode III TV series, featuring Darth Vader, Palpatine and the rest of the Empire, taking out the remaining hidden Jedi.

There's also room for Bail Organa, Mon Mothma and Ackbar in the series, as well as younger Boba Fett and Jabba the Hutt.

Maybe even include Yoda in some way; have him hidden on Dagobah, meditating and watching Luke, the new hope.

Sorry guys I got a response from the Houston Chronicle saying that the story I was asking about was never published on-line therefore I asked in a following email to check their printed version and never got a response from them...so I'm concluding that it all must have been from those flying rumors on the net. Sorry. 'till we get an official confirmation, this should be taken lightly.

• 10 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.