Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Saturday Night Live

SNL Digital Short Parody Comedy Weekend Update NBC TV Saturday Night Live

• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts

Dane had a half hour special on one of their Stand-Up series about a year ago or so.

Closer to four years actually, you were watching a re-run :D

Also I love that Zach Gilafin... guy, and not just because he's the spitting image of my friend Sam.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Wow, I hadn't realized that it was four years old.

tripsbacks

tripsbacks

• Members
  • 463 posts
This week Jaime Presley or better known as the girl Joe Dirt thought was his sister!!

Laridian

Laridian

The Super

• Members
  • 4,559 posts
I would say she's better known from My Name Is Earl :shrug:

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• 15,262 posts
I mentioned this a few weeks ago when there was a thread about Dane Cook in the Cantina. It's insane how quickly he's gotten so popular. We had the guy at my university around two years ago to do some stand up. He went with some friends and I and got some drinks afterwards, but of course this is before he became an uber-celebrity. He had a crowd of around 150 to 200 that night, I think. He's coming again after Christmas and we are probably going to have to reserve seats and call the fire marshall.

I think he's pretty good. Not the best I've heard, but he ranks high up there anyways. He's a totally cool guy, but like I said, I met him before he got so darn popular. I hope he hasn't let it get to his head, I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
"Seconds" Laridian.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,755 posts
Reminder for tonight's Jaime Pressley ep, along with musical guest Corinne Bailey Rae. If nothing else, this episode should answer the burning question, "What's a Corinne Bailey Rae?"

Seriously, never heard of her, don't feel like Googling. Sounds like a Southern Gospel act.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
http://www.corinnebaileyrae.net/
Official Site, FLASH heavy... slow modems bewary.

http://www.myspace.c...orinnebaileyrae
The Official MySpace?? Maybe I dunno.

From what I gather the band is called Corinne Bailey Rae, but that is the lead singer's name too. From the MySpace page it seems that she is black, slender... basically Erykah Badu-ish without the headdress in appearance. Her official site plays music after it loads and the style seems jazzy, soft and a little bit whiney.

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,755 posts
Hm. Somewhat interesting. Thanks!

Official Site, FLASH heavy... slow modems bewary.

Yep, count me out, not even clicking. Much obliged.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I fell asleep waiting for the show to start... when I woke up I was bleh so I played a video game. Although next week should have my attention considering the lovely, yummable Kate Hudson is hosting. Pretty sure Radiohead is the musicial guest, although I could be wrong.

The Maker

The Maker

Old Hermit

• Members
  • 11,429 posts

the lovely, yummable Kate Hudson

:yes: you are a wise wise man, Torchie

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
'bout time someone noticed.

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,755 posts
Erm, Torch? Buddy? The Kate Hudson/Radiohead episode was six years ago.

This Saturday they're rerunning the season premiere with Dane Cook. Yes, already. No, I don't know why.

The next new episode will be 10/21 with host John C. Reilly; musical guest, My Chemical Romance.

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,755 posts

I fell asleep waiting for the show to start... when I woke up I was bleh...

That's okay, so was the show.

The "NASCARettes" skit was hilarious, and the "New York City Stories" were more charming than funny, which I was willing to accept. The rest was a writeoff, IMHO. Exhibit A: the opening sketch, what amounted to a single "Weekend Update" one-liner dragged out to five minutes, as if the writers went around the room brainstorming Mark Foley jokes, then decided to conflate every single suggestion, ranging from lamer-than-lame to almost-funny, into a single segment. They'd've gotten better results rerunning an old Matt Foley sketch instead.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Six years ago huh?! I wondered why Kate Hudson was going to be on. Anyway I got the listing from my local TV Guide. Although my local has been wrong before.

I'm thinking of looking for "NASCARettes" on YouTube though. Is it worth the effort or should I just catch it in a rerun?

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts
I'd just catch it on a rerun.

The Maker

The Maker

Old Hermit

• Members
  • 11,429 posts
Torchie, I feel really misled. Fix this. :cry:

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,755 posts

I'm thinking of looking for "NASCARettes" on YouTube though. Is it worth the effort or should I just catch it in a rerun?

I dunno if I'd recommend putting effort into tracking it down -- it's no more than a three-minute gag. The premise is simply, "What if NASCAR had cheerleaders?"...

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• 15,262 posts
Yeah, last week's show sucked. But in many cases, you can chalk up the quality of the show to the quality of the host. The host has more influence in the direction of that weeks show than most realize. In many cases, hosts have the final say on what skits will get the go ahead.

That said, the John C. Reilly show should be pretty darn good. Here's hoping they bring in Will Ferrel in at least a cameo since they costarred over the summer.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Okay, I checked the official site. The next host/new show is on October 21st. The host and muscial guest are planned to be John C. Reilly and My Chemical Romance. As for what is on this weekend... my local still lists the Kate Hudson rerun. Although our local affiliates might be filling the slot themselves, so if Kate isn't aired in your town then you should yell at them.

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,107 posts
COOL

I know who they are

I'm not dead yet

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I'm glad that you're not dead yet, MG.

As for the "mystery" as to what episode was going to air... Dane Cook was rerun. Six was right and my local TV guide lied to me. This is the last time I let it do this to me. It is always breaking my heart. Screw you, Local Guide! I will not let you play with my emotions again.

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,107 posts
and it was even less entertaining to me the second time

ShadowGhost

ShadowGhost

RAWR!

• Members
  • 4,408 posts
Damn, I've missed Cook on SNL twice now :P

He is probably my favorite current comedian. Absolutely genius.
I LOL everytime I listen/watch his stuff.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
My wife said bleh to John C. Reily and so my plans to force myself to sit on the couch and enjoy SNL tonight have been "upgraded". Just two or so years ago that would have been code for sex but now it just means I'm going to get a nice, long night of sleep. One kid makes you a parent, two kids make you old.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SNL, Digital Short, Parody, Comedy, Weekend Update, NBC, TV, Saturday Night Live